In Trying to Fire Mueller, Trump Digs His Own Legal Grave

Obstruction of justice is a crime of endeavor plus intent, not a crime of achievement and intent, or of mere achievement.
Because the law is as it is, whether ones successfully obstructs justice -- by a single act or by a collection/sequence/series of acts -- is legally irrelevant because prosecutors are not at trial burdened with proving that one's efforts did obstruct justice. They are not so burdened, if for no other reason, because the mere fact that one has been charged with obstruction (a charge that's difficult to prove, thus one that's not lightly brought) necessarily means that some aspect(s) of one's efforts to do something (criminal or not; e.g., having sex with Monica L. violated no federal laws) and do so undiscovered and unpunished failed.

That obstruction of justice is a crime of endeavor is why the disclosure of the fact that Trump considered firing Mueller and that only upon the WH General Counsel (not Trump's personal attorney; the distinction between the two being significant) threatening to resign if Trump sallied forth and fired Mueller. [1]

Note:
  1. OT:
    Make no mistake; that WH counsel doesn't remotely strike me as a man of sterling character insofar as he's defended several ethically questionable choices Trump has made. That said, I think he knew full and well that were Trump to have fired Mueller his licence to practice law could very easily have been called into question and possibly revoked.

Quite simply, an attorney cannot be knowingly complicit in or party to an illegal act. Among other common attorney behaviors, not asking an accused criminal whether they did indeed commit the crime with which they've been charged is not among the questions defense attorneys, for example, don't ask their clients. Were they to know one is guilty, and also, on one's behalf, enter a not-guilty plea, and then prevail at trial, they would then be deemed complicit in the commision of their defendant's crime. Once that happens, bye-bye bar membership.
Endeavor means action. There was no action. And it's within his powers to fire him without question!

Yes, as far as I know he can absolutely fire him. I believe Nixon did years ago when he was being investigated.
So, how did that work out for Nixon?

It didn't, and it won't work this time either. If he is indeed guilty.
Guilty of what?

I do not know, that is why they call it an investigation. He may very well be exonerated, let it play out and see.

‘“Attempted obstruction is obstruction even when the perpetrator backs down after failing to get his consigliere to do the deed for him,” constitutional lawyer Larry Tribe [notes]. “In addition, it’s part of a persistent pattern of obstruction. And it’s also strong evidence of consciousness of guilt.” As the Times report notes, Trump has “long demonstrated a preoccupation with those who have overseen the Russia investigation.” He threw a fit when Attorney General Jeff Sessions recused himself from the Russia probe, and he fired Comey after he failed to extract an oath of loyalty. The attempt to decapitate the probe again goes to Trump’s intent to stymie an independent investigation and his seeming cluelessness that these actions would be potentially illegal, an abuse of his power.'

Opinion | In trying to fire Mueller, Trump digs his own legal grave

Trump is indeed clueless, ignorant of the law, and blinded by his arrogance.

It must be such a comfort to you to have an active fantasy life given how dismal your reality is.
I am not sure talking about doing something and not doing it can constitute obstruction. It can be used as evidence toward calling the firing of Comey obstruction.
In no way can firing Comey be called obstruction. Mewler won't even try to make such a claim.

‘“Attempted obstruction is obstruction even when the perpetrator backs down after failing to get his consigliere to do the deed for him,” constitutional lawyer Larry Tribe [notes]. “In addition, it’s part of a persistent pattern of obstruction. And it’s also strong evidence of consciousness of guilt.” As the Times report notes, Trump has “long demonstrated a preoccupation with those who have overseen the Russia investigation.” He threw a fit when Attorney General Jeff Sessions recused himself from the Russia probe, and he fired Comey after he failed to extract an oath of loyalty. The attempt to decapitate the probe again goes to Trump’s intent to stymie an independent investigation and his seeming cluelessness that these actions would be potentially illegal, an abuse of his power.'

It must be such a comfort to you to have an active fantasy life given how dismal your reality is.
I am not sure talking about doing something and not doing it can constitute obstruction. It can be used as evidence toward calling the firing of Comey obstruction.

Comey should have been arrested, as it turns out. Trump erred by not firing the traitor on day one.

And now he should fire McCabe, Ohr, Strozk, Page ... for starters and before they can qualify for huge government pensions.

Firing Comey is not obstructionist, no matter how much the Prog Wet Dreams feature this fantasy.
it was when trump admitted it was about the russia investigation into his ties then trying to get mulleur fired and getting sessions to not recuse himself so he could stop investigation

Endeavor means action. There was no action. And it's within his powers to fire him without question!

Yes, as far as I know he can absolutely fire him. I believe Nixon did years ago when he was being investigated.

Guilty of what?

I do not know, that is why they call it an investigation. He may very well be exonerated, let it play out and see.
If you don't know, then what is Mewler investigating? Prosecutors are supposed to investigate crimes. Investigating people who haven't been accused of crimes is what a police state does.

Firing Comey is not obstructionist, no matter how much the Prog Wet Dreams feature this fantasy.
it was when trump admitted it was about the russia investigation into his ties then trying to get mulleur fired and getting sessions to not recuse himself so he could stop investigation

That is Prog Revisionist fantasy, bub.

Well thanks for your two cents worth, of course I would not give ya a cent for it. You are not the one who is going to decide whter it is or not and I will not decide it either. It will be up to the judges and prsecuters not us. I am not saying that this is proof but it is certainly circumstantial evidence showing modus operandi of firing those who investigate you. I would not want to have to explain it to a judge.

So considering doing something but not doing it is now a serious matter. Hmm I wonder if Pizza Inn will be upset with me if I consider ordering a pizza but don't do it.

Guilty of what?

If you don't know, then what is Mewler investigating? Prosecutors are supposed to investigate crimes. Investigating people who haven't been accused of crimes is what a police state does.

I do not know because I am not part of the investigation team.

None of which is illegal, moron.

Well thanks for your two cents worth, of course I would not give ya a cent for it. You are not the one who is going to decide whter it is or not and I will not decide it either. It will be up to the judges and prsecuters not us. I am not saying that this is proof but it is certainly circumstantial evidence showing modus operandi of firing those who investigate you. I would not want to have to explain it to a judge.

There is far more evidence, circumstantial and verified, that the entire Russian Collusion narrative was a conspiracy to:

1.) Ensure Hilllary's election
2.) Enact a coup de Deep Etat to overthrow Trump

The dossier was financed by the hiLIARY campaign. Obabble used it as a pretext to spy on a political campaign...and now it is being used as a method to entrap Trump and his administration in "process crimes" that have nothing to do with RussiaRussiaRussia.

There is far more evidence, circumstantial and verified, that the entire Russian Collusion narrative was a conspiracy to:

The dossier was financed by the hiLIARY campaign. Obabble used it as a pretext to spy on a political campaign...and now it is being used as a method to entrap Trump and his administration in "process crimes" that have nothing to do with RussiaRussiaRussia.
the secret society?

Guilty of what?

The American communist FBI chooses a random person that has fallen afoul of Democrat dogma and investigate their entire lives looking for something that could be said wrong.

Last edited:

Guilty of what?

The American communist FIN chooses a random person that has fallen afoul of Democrat dogma and investigate their entire lives looking for something that could be said wrong.
What is the FIN?

Guilty of what?

Investigation?

Shit, Torquemada is going after 12 year old SEC violations.

This is a witch hunt. It's all it ever was. Grand Inquisitor Mewler-Torquemada has fount Trump guilty.

Now he is desperately searching for what it is Trump is guilty of.

Coup Deep State Etat - I love it! :thup:

Guilty of what?

I do not know because I am not part of the investigation team.

So you are OK with the public not knowing what crimes Mewler is supposedly investigating? Don't you douchebags claim to be for openess in government?

the secret society?

Yes stupid;

{"Are you even going to give out your calendars? Seems kind of depressing. Maybe it should just be the first meeting of the secret society," FBI lawyer Lisa Page wrote to senior FBI agent Peter Strzok, who was working on the FBI’s probe of Russian meddling in the presidential election and would later join Page for a brief period on Special Counsel Robert Mueller's team.}

Guilty of what?

The American communist FIN chooses a random person that has fallen afoul of Democrat dogma and investigate their entire lives looking for something that could be said wrong.
What is the FIN?
It is my stupid auto correct. I will correct the correction.

you'll find out soon enough bri but 5 will get you 10 anything that comes out you and your fellow tards ,un included, will call it false

Forum List

Back