Ina LANDSLIDE, House repeals Obamacare

Since it's not going to be funded your argument is moot.

Don't fund it, and my argument is sound. Why pay 3-4 middle-men for what you can do yourself? When you cut those people loose, and let the market dictate prices, they will come down. We don't need government protecting these middlemen.

The program will not be repealed en toto. won't happen. Now Pubs and Dems will have to keep the public off their backs next year. The libs and the cons to the far extremes no longer factor in to this debate.

The public doesn't want it or can't you get it through your liberal mind?

Since it's not going to be funded your argument is moot.

Don't fund it, and my argument is sound. Why pay 3-4 middle-men for what you can do yourself?

Why have something the American people do not want to pay for? That is the question fuck the rest. The American people said in a vote in 2010 WE DO NOT WANT OBAMACARE. now all that has to be done is wait until the next election and repeal it. but for now just no money for the funding.

i actually believe that the nation is split around 50% mark of those who are for and those who are against the bill. The more interesting fact is that many who oppose the bill do so because they think that it didnt go far enough and wanted the push for a single payer system. (thats according the gallup)

there is also this misconception when people are saying that they dont want to pay premiums to help the sick and the old. since this is exactly what occurs in the private insurance market already. the purpose of any insurance is to spread the risk over a large population in order to drive prices down. if you really disagree with paying your premiums to help treat others, i think you need to look at how your current insurance plan works to see if what you are paying for is the exact same thing that you are against in the first place.

For all the slavering neocons/oathers/birthers/teabaggers/Libertarians/Bluedog Democrats, etc.

The GOP "victory" in the House in Nov. 2010 was a result of LOW VOTER TURNOUT. Idiots that voted for Obama and were pissed that he didn't fight hard enough (in their opinion) for the policies and platforms they put him in for....decided that staying home was a good protest.

So now we've got a bunch of neocon GOPers who throw a bone to their teabag flunkies with this empty, time wasting gesture.

Reid's statement falls WELL within his rights for his position in the Senate....and the "people" WANT A HEALTH CARE REFORM. The GOP DOES NOT HAVE THE VOTES IN THE SENATE TO REPEAL THIS LAW! THE PRESIDENT CAN VETO THIS REPEAL BILL.....it's his right under the law, as it was Reagan's, as it was the Bush family's.

Bottom line: the GOP doesn't have squat with regards to jobs or healthcare accept to return to the very policies that caused our current problems.

For all the slavering neocons/oathers/birthers/teabaggers/Libertarians/Bluedog Democrats, etc.

The GOP "victory" in the House in Nov. 2010 was a result of LOW VOTER TURNOUT. Idiots that voted for Obama and were pissed that he didn't fight hard enough (in their opinion) for the policies and platforms they put him in for....decided that staying home was a good protest.

So now we've got a bunch of neocon GOPers who throw a bone to their teabag flunkies with this empty, time wasting gesture.

Reid's statement falls WELL within his rights for his position in the Senate....and the "people" WANT A HEALTH CARE REFORM. The GOP DOES NOT HAVE THE VOTES IN THE SENATE TO REPEAL THIS LAW! THE PRESIDENT CAN VETO THIS REPEAL BILL.....it's his right under the law, as it was Reagan's, as it was the Bush family's.

Bottom line: the GOP doesn't have squat with regards to jobs or healthcare accept to return to the very policies that caused our current problems.

I think you missed the GOP stuffed the ballot box. Other than that you puked out the lefty line pretty well. Now all you have to do is add truth and it will evaporate.

The choke point is funding. We can still use choke right?

Has a list of acceptable terminology been distributed yet?

God I hope not. I'm already a one woman campaign on a mission to deep six stupid political correctness and thus have been required to regularly use at least twenty new words and phrases lately. I don't think I can work too many more metaphors into my sentences.

I was talking to someone at work the other day who had no clue that they could now put their kid back on their healthcare plan until he's 26, because of this bill. It's clear that many people aren't supporting this thing because they don't even know of its benefits to them.
26...That's too old. 26 year old people should not be having their mommy make their bed.
If you're 26 you need to be on your own.

I was talking to someone at work the other day who had no clue that they could now put their kid back on their healthcare plan until he's 26, because of this bill. It's clear that many people aren't supporting this thing because they don't even know of its benefits to them.
26...That's too old. 26 year old people should not be having their mommy make their bed.
If you're 26 you need to be on your own.

By the time I was 26 i was a Staff Sergeant with 2 kids of my own at home.

The Republicans are getting hammered politically on this, it's pretty entertaining.
Really? How so? By the mainstream media? Please. They were criticizing the GOP from Weds Nov 4th. Who cares.
We're moving forward. You're not getting your stupid taxpayer funded freebie.

OMG, NYcarbineer talks about HAMMERING Republicans and you let him get away with that?

images

hummmm.....my emphasis....

2010 ELECTION: Voter turnout increases from last midterm in 2006

Voter turnout increases from last midterm in 2006 - Yahoo! News

Last edited:

so how do we fault for that? If true?

so how do we fault for that? If true?

It's hard to say because you don't know what individual Congressmen have done in regards to informing their constituents. Plus some people just don't pay attention.

M14 shooter is clear on what he thinks, and I don't even have to read bigrebonignore. It will be something about "liberal" a concept he does not understand historically or politically or philosophically or economically. That is for another day.

If we continue to let the health insurance industry continue its merry way, it will break the economy, period. So, yeah, responsible Pubs and Dems are going to have to remove the far right and far left off their ankles, and craft a compromise that takes care of 1 and 2 above.
Show methods by which the insurance industry will break the economy.

It is federal and state government interference ( mandates) that increase the cost of insurance and complicate, really complicate the process.
Talk to your physician. Ask him/her what they have to go through just to accept insured patients.
I am friendly with my chiropractor. I asked him a bunch of questions about it. He showed me my patient card ,then explained the sets the paperwork that must be filed on each insured patient he has under his care. It's mind boggling.

well, you weren't the one I expected to try and explain it but I do thank you.

how about bending the cost curve?

To reduce the cost of healthcare, we must change the way healthcare is delivered. Fee for Service has to be changed to Fee for Successful Outcomes.

Doctors, hospitals, and other medical facilities sell services. The more they sell, the more they make. So what's wrong with that? Well, nothing if you're shopping at the grocery store where you can compare the cost versus the value of the product. With medical care it's just not possible for the patient to do that, especially with serious health problems that require extensive medical care.

You pay the same amount for success as you do for failure. Where is the incentive?

Priolosec is a fairly inexpensive and very effective OTC drug that controls GERD or gastric reflux disease that is epidemic among older Americans.

Walmart or Walgreens sells 42 caplets of Prilosec for about $25.00 including tax. The generic product identical to Prilosec, also OTC, runs about $15.00.

In order for Medicare to pay for the Prolosec or comparable generic drug, the patient has to secure a prescription. So a family member "P" secures his new prescription and goes to Walgreens to fill it. He is informed that Medicare has switched from the brand name to the generic which was fine with "P" but he will have a $5 copay under the new plan--there had been no copay before. "P" was okay with the $5.

He gets his meds and looks at the receipt which informs him that Medicare has paid $184 for his prescription.

"P" gets on the phone demanding why his prescription costs more than $100 more than he would pay out of pocket himself for the same meds. He talked with Walgreens, his healthcare provider, officials at the insurance company, and tried to get an answer from somebody in the government. Nobody could tell him why.

As yet it remains a mystery.
Interesting
I take Prilosec or rather the generic, Omeprazole and have a Medicare drug plan.

I got my persecution refilled at a Rite Aid Pharmacy, a bit more expensive than Walmart, but a lot more convenient. The claim sent to the insurance company from the pharmacy looks like this:

90 Capsules
Amount Billed $39.61
Copay $12.00

Plan paid $27.51.

The amount my insurance billed Medicare was $27.51. I have confirmed that.

On pharmacy receipts for drugs, they print a usually and customer cost for the drug. Maybe that's what's what on the receipt.

If you recall when the Medicare Drug plan was in Congress, there was a push to have Medicare bid all drugs. It failed, so the price of drug is a negotiated price between the insurance company and the pharmacy.

Forum List

Back