Income Inequality Is Just Punishing You & Me Through Taxation

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
15666516%20-%20PELOSI%20-%2002_26_2010.jpg

During the 08' Democrat debates Obama was asked point blank that if raising taxes would harm the economy would he still do it and he said yes.

This is his mindset. Obama really doesn't care about the damage raising taxes will do, he's dead set on punishing "The Rich". Problem is, the rich are actually you and me. The way he's doing it and will continue to do it is through raising taxes. The first goal was to make us think we're not getting screwed. His media has been doing their best to convince us that high taxes are good for the economy.

Get a little skin in the game.

Course the only skin in the game is ours, not his.

Nancy Pelosi actually stated yesterday that Obama has cut the deficit in half. This is a bold-faced lie. The deficit is actually $200 billion higher than is was when Obama said he would cut the deficit in half. It is half of what it was during his first year in office, but only because he raised taxes by $600 billion in January. Obama also said that raising the debt-ceiling would not raise the debt. Believe it or not, it will not, but it will give him the power to borrow more, which will in turn raise the debt. You see, these people are parsing words and lying through their teeth.

All this has been about is a scheme to raise our taxes and not alarm us too much in the process. Higher taxes when Democrats are in charge only means more debt. The more power we give them to spend the more they will spend. They don't care about the poor, because this isn't about taking care of the poor or even punishing the rich. Most of their friends are rich as shit. This is all about expanding their power over us.

If we allow them to continue this the entire country will be like California. Broke and on the verge of total collapse.

Last edited:
Well, let's see. President Clinton raised taxes at the start of his term and we enjoyed the longest and strongest economic boom in our history. President Bush Jr. lowered taxes, and we ended his terms in a near depression. Maybe raising the taxes substancially on the wealthy is a good idea.

Well, let's see. President Clinton raised taxes at the start of his term and we enjoyed the longest and strongest economic boom in our history. President Bush Jr. lowered taxes, and we ended his terms in a near depression. Maybe raising the taxes substancially on the wealthy is a good idea.

The difference being that Clinton had a Republican Congress that was actually trying to help the economy instead of ruin it.

Fact is, the wealthy is anyone who pays taxes and owns property. This is about punishing average Americans. Income inequality is still widening. Why is that if Obama was actually trying to go after the rich?

Answer: He's not. He's going after all of us.

LOL. OK, Mud. Enjoy your GOP vacation this October. In the meantime, this old Lib with a job in private enterprise will continue to draw a paycheck.

The difference being that Clinton had a Republican Congress that was actually trying to help the economy instead of ruin it.

Fact is, the wealthy is anyone who pays taxes and owns property. This is about punishing average Americans. Income inequality is still widening. Why is that if Obama was actually trying to go after the rich?

$250,000+ a year is not "all of us"

Income taxes are only one way he can raise taxes. He can and has raised excise taxes on businesses which eventually ends up taking money out of our pockets. Obamacare is a tax. The list goes on.the problem with some folks is as long as they think they aren't getting shafted everything is hunky dory. The min it's them getting shafted they start whining.

Now you were saying?

Last edited:
LOL. OK, Mud. Enjoy your GOP vacation this October. In the meantime, this old Lib with a job in private enterprise will continue to draw a paycheck.

I have more than one job. I work for the DoD, but I also have to manage my rental properties. I have to pay sub-contractors and do maint and upkeep on my units.

So draw your paycheck lib, and continue to watch it shrink right before your eyes.

Btw, who is Obama making even richer by pumping $85 billiopn/mo into the markets?

$250k is most of the small businesses in America.

It is also every Doctor in America. Small wonder so many are retiring.

Why would we raise taxes when the low taxes have brought us the longest span of economic prosperity we've ever seen?

Alright enough! I have to looks at Pelosi as it is. I don't need to see her ugly ass blown up in HD!

Raising taxes would do nothing but hurt the deficit we're in and destroy the low unemployment we currently enjoy

Income inequality lives only in the minds of the loony lefties.

Hard work, determination, etc. in one's various areas of endeavor such as school and work can lead to fine opportunities and commensurate rewards. How unfair, huh?

So instead let's take from those who've worked for what they've gotten and give it to the lazy slugs who've become conditioned to think they're owed.

You just destroyed your arguement. Clinton had a Republican Congress that wasn't willing to destroy the economy. House Repubs are willing to destroy the economy in order to get their way. Romney ran on repealing Obamacare, he lost. You have no mandate.

"So many votes to buy, so little time" Ergo, the constant drumbeat from the Dems of "Look! Rich people!" The Democrats political role model has always been the Roman Emperor Caligula who was known for making his way to the top of some of Rome's tallest buildings in order to fling fistfuls of gold coins down onto the heads of the Roman street mobs frantically milling about on the street below.

Recall the soundbite from inside of Detroit's City Chambers around the time the city declared its bankruptcy when you heard that high pitched squeal of a voice reminiscent of Florida Congresswoman Fredericka Wilson's screaming "Trayvon!" "Trayvon!" lamenting the loss of the "Good Old Days" when Coleman Young would journey off to DC to "Bring back the bacon". Life was good back then when the bacon flowed like its portrayed today coming out of the back of the box truck in the La Quinta ad. You could reward all your friends for doing nothing and still not have to worry about making ends meet anywhere, any time. If the Democrats ability to spend money were suddenly curtailed, they'd be a political party without a purpose, or a future, ie Congressman Steny Hoyer (D-MD) "Yes I'm a tax, tax, tax, spend, spend, spend Democrat! And let my oppositrion try to do a damn thing about it!"
If Comrade Barack & Friends don't keep up the wailing, bleating, and breast beating about that awful state of income inequality around this nation there won't be enough bacon coming in to disseminate out to Detroit as reward for its profligate ways. "So many votes to buy, so little time!"

Forum List

Back