Incompetent United Air Lines Physically Drags Passenger Off Plane For Their (Airline) Mistake

Terms of the Contract of Carriage which Dao agreed to when he bought his ticket.

BULLSHIT.

I already posted that Contract of Carriage --- in its entirerty --- in post 844, after having posted an analysis thereof in post 842. >NOWHERE< does it provide any pretext for what the airline did. NOWHERE.

Go ahead --- try to prove me wrong.
Mundane.Wind may have a problem coming up with a valid argument.
Geez. I expect trolling from the usual twits, but not you Daniel. Shame on you.
That's not trolling. He's right. You ridiculously claim Dao broke a law which prompted the airline to call security to come in and remove Dao from the plane; But you're incapable of citing the specific statute number you claim he violated. So no, you don't have a valid argument. You know it like everyone else here knows it.
You claim I'm deranged, so why do you keep caring what I say?

You're fucking deranged. :cuckoo:
That observation of mine was quite the eye-opener for you, huh?

Hell, now you're even using it like a crutch to avoid the stark reality that you can't prove your absurd claims.

:dance|

Nothing but diversion instead of a valid argument, is quite, mundane.Wind.

What exigency was there to forcibly remove a passenger, under our form of Capitalism, besides the "bottom line"?
Isn't that enough?
No, the bottom line is not a reason to use force; unless you are in Teapot Dome.
Who said force? Besides you, I mean. You asked "
What exigency was there to forcibly remove a passenger" and listed "the bottom line". I agreed.

Four people were removed from the flight for "the bottom line". Only one was removed forcibly and I've repeatedly stated that wasn't a good way to handle it. I've repeatedly stated there were better means resolve the situation. I've repeatedly stated that it wasn't United, Republic or the crew who removed Dao by force, but aviation officers working for the City of Chicago. Do you disagree that I've repeatedly posted those things?
Because, you are simply being disingenuous.
Disagreed, but fine. Since you feel that way, I'll stop responding to your posts on this thread.
Translation: Divine.Wind can't confirm the nonsense he posts, so he will stop responding to those who challenge him on his fallacious claims.

It depends on whether that is a business norm or not. In this case, passengers all agree to contracts of carriage. Most are about the same. Airlines do their best to avoid bumping passengers and try to make the best of it. In Dao's case, he violated the law and the law was called in...then they fucked it up.
The law says United was wrong.

No it doesn't, the FAA clearly says UA can and they did!!
The plane was not overbooked per United.

§250.2a Policy regarding denied boarding. In the event of an oversold flight, every carrier shall ensure that the smallest practicable number of persons holding confirmed reserved space on that flight are denied boarding involuntarily.

Dr Dao had already boarded.

(b) If an insufficient number of volunteers come forward, the carrier
may deny boardingto other passengers in accordance with its boarding priority rules. However, the carrier may not deny boarding to any passenger involuntarily who was earlier asked to volunteer without having been informed about the danger of being denied boarding involuntarily and the amount of Board-mandated compensation.

United should have offered more incentives for people to volunteer. If you booked that flight at the last minute you were paying over a thousand dollars.

§250.5 Amount of denied boarding compensation for passengers denied boarding involuntarily. (a) Subject to the exceptions provided in §250.6, a carrier as defined in §250.1, shall pay compensation to passengers denied boarding involuntarily from an oversold flight at the rate of 200 percent of the sum of the values of the passenger’s remaining flight coupons up to the passenger’s next stopover, or if none, to the passenger’s final destination, with a maximum of $400.

United could have also booked it's employees on another airline, but they just tried to save a buck.
are there no extra crew seats available for larger crews?
No, it's "the bottom line" to sell every seat available. On some aircraft, there are "jumpseats" that are open and can accommodate a flight attendant or two and all airliners have a cockpit jumpseat for the FAA. When it's not in use by the Feds, then a pilot can ride it to work. In this case, the crew was assigned to fly to SDF.

Now, because of the "Dao Effect", airlines may be directed by law from selling all seats just in case a crewmember needs it. Of course, the costs will be passed to the customers much to the appreciation of commuting crewmembers and other airline employees. Thanks Dao!

Noun. 1. welcher - someone who swindles you by not repaying a debt or wager. welsher. chiseler, chiseller, defrauder, grifter, scammer, swindler, gouger - a person who swindles you by means of deception or fraud.

It has been over a week and still no sign of charges.......You owe me $25 million

<Note: Next sign of a USMB welcher.....put you on ignore>

MicdropLib.gif

LOL

"we have a handful of extreme left wing members here who feel that if they get the last word in, that they've won some kind of victory. I call them "mic drop Liberals". They'll deny every fact, every link presented and when someone gives up on them as a lost cause, these "mic drop Liberals" declare victory by default and drop their mic.

They seem to truly believe that if they say something long enough, that it becomes true. Odd, yes, but that's what they do."

Last edited:
.... Who the fuck do these crew people think they are taking /my/ god damn seat?!? ...
Employees doing as they were told.
Just following orders.
Yes. Don't you? Or are you retired, unemployed?
I know not to follow illegal orders....without them being written....amazing how those giving illegal orders back down if they have to put it in writing.
The crew was not following an illegal order. If you think it was, then please explain why you think so.

.... Who the fuck do these crew people think they are taking /my/ god damn seat?!? ...
Just following orders.
I know not to follow illegal orders....without them being written....amazing how those giving illegal orders back down if they have to put it in writing.
The crew was not following an illegal order. If you think it was, then please explain why you think so.
The police followed an illegal order. The flight was not overbooked nor was their a safety issue involved.

View attachment 122005
LOL

"we have a handful of extreme left wing members here who feel that if they get the last word in, that they've won some kind of victory. I call them "mic drop Liberals". They'll deny every fact, every link presented and when someone gives up on them as a lost cause, these "mic drop Liberals" declare victory by default and drop their mic.

They seem to truly believe that if they say something long enough, that it becomes true. Odd, yes, but that's what they do."
Let me guess...you are going to declare victory and run away.

Just following orders.
The police followed an illegal order. The flight was not overbooked nor was their a safety issue involved.
Disagreed. They followed a legal order but the plainclothes officer may have carried it out illegally. The courts will decide.

Still waiting for someone to prove the crew did anything illegal.

View attachment 122005
LOL

No. I'm waiting for the courts to resolve this issue. I've cited FAA regs, corrected people on the differences between United and Republic employees versus City of Chicago employees, cited the United Contract of Carriage and numerous other facts on both this thread and the other one covering this event. Despite this, we have some people who ignore all of that and keep asking for me to cite facts. How many times am I supposed to post the same links, facts and other information?

You said the crew carried out illegal orders. Please prove your statement bodecea

View attachment 122005
LOL

He is already welching on his bets

Just following orders.
Disagreed. They followed a legal order but the plainclothes officer may have carried it out illegally. The courts will decide.

I posted what the law said. United and the cops they sent acted outside of the law. It is no different if I sent cops to remove you from a sporting event just because I didn't want you there.

I posted what the law said. United and the cops they sent acted outside of the law. It is no different if I sent cops to remove you from a sporting event just because I didn't want you there.
We shall see if you are correct that United acted illegally.

It depends on whether that is a business norm or not. In this case, passengers all agree to contracts of carriage. Most are about the same. Airlines do their best to avoid bumping passengers and try to make the best of it. In Dao's case, he violated the law and the law was called in...then they fucked it up.
The law says United was wrong.

No it doesn't, the FAA clearly says UA can and they did!!
The plane was not overbooked per United.

§250.2a Policy regarding denied boarding. In the event of an oversold flight, every carrier shall ensure that the smallest practicable number of persons holding confirmed reserved space on that flight are denied boarding involuntarily.

Dr Dao had already boarded.

(b) If an insufficient number of volunteers come forward, the carrier
may deny boardingto other passengers in accordance with its boarding priority rules. However, the carrier may not deny boarding to any passenger involuntarily who was earlier asked to volunteer without having been informed about the danger of being denied boarding involuntarily and the amount of Board-mandated compensation.

United should have offered more incentives for people to volunteer. If you booked that flight at the last minute you were paying over a thousand dollars.

§250.5 Amount of denied boarding compensation for passengers denied boarding involuntarily. (a) Subject to the exceptions provided in §250.6, a carrier as defined in §250.1, shall pay compensation to passengers denied boarding involuntarily from an oversold flight at the rate of 200 percent of the sum of the values of the passenger’s remaining flight coupons up to the passenger’s next stopover, or if none, to the passenger’s final destination, with a maximum of $400.

United could have also booked it's employees on another airline, but they just tried to save a buck.
are there no extra crew seats available for larger crews?
No, it's "the bottom line" to sell every seat available. On some aircraft, there are "jumpseats" that are open and can accommodate a flight attendant or two and all airliners have a cockpit jumpseat for the FAA. When it's not in use by the Feds, then a pilot can ride it to work. In this case, the crew was assigned to fly to SDF.

Now, because of the "Dao Effect", airlines may be directed by law from selling all seats just in case a crewmember needs it. Of course, the costs will be passed to the customers much to the appreciation of commuting crewmembers and other airline employees. Thanks Dao!
Why not install more jump seats for more crew? To simple and not too expensive, right winger.

Isn't that enough?
No, the bottom line is not a reason to use force; unless you are in Teapot Dome.
Who said force? Besides you, I mean. You asked "
What exigency was there to forcibly remove a passenger" and listed "the bottom line". I agreed.

Four people were removed from the flight for "the bottom line". Only one was removed forcibly and I've repeatedly stated that wasn't a good way to handle it. I've repeatedly stated there were better means resolve the situation. I've repeatedly stated that it wasn't United, Republic or the crew who removed Dao by force, but aviation officers working for the City of Chicago. Do you disagree that I've repeatedly posted those things?
Because, you are simply being disingenuous.
Disagreed, but fine. Since you feel that way, I'll stop responding to your posts on this thread.
Translation: Divine.Wind can't confirm the nonsense he posts, so he will stop responding to those who challenge him on his fallacious claims.
He is claiming the bottom line of private persons constitutes an exigency that necessitates the coercive use of force. That is not capitalism.

Government has a legal monopoly on the coercive use of force, for a reason. It is the public sector.

View attachment 122005
LOL

some on the left believe it is merely institutional forms of class warfare that help the rich get richer faster while the poor get poorer. there should be no limits on compensation for passengers from any policy meant to secure the bottom line.

Why should he get off?

Is this really that difficult for you to understand?

It's a safe bet you were this dumb from birth...

He was in his seat and did nothing wrong.

He was in UA seat and they have every right to request he deplane, if UA is fined by the FAA you might have a valid point then, but industry experts have made it clear that UA was with in it's rights as well as FAA regs...

Dr. Dao has a pretty sordid past, this shouldn't surprise anyone, who is dumb enough to lose their medical license over scripts for sexual favors? He obviously has made some very poor decisions and not leaving the plane on his feet is an example of poor decisions...

Forum List

Back