Incompetent United Air Lines Physically Drags Passenger Off Plane For Their (Airline) Mistake

Are you, "running for Congress"? They cannot tell the difference between the common offense and the common defense.

There was no exigency requiring that passenger be forcibly removed; only the "bottom line".
No. Why would I want to be a fucking politician or a fucking lawyer?

Disagreed, as I've pointed out, but unlike you, I won't rush to judgment, browbeat people with an uninformed and completely wrong opinion. I'm content to let this play out over the summer.

Just so we're clear and more fucking morons don't go high and left with exaggerated claims, I disagree with the way the O'hare aviation officer handled this. There were better and smarter ways to get Dao off the aircraft.
What exigency was there to forcibly remove a passenger, under our form of Capitalism, besides the "bottom line"?
Terms of the Contract of Carriage which Dao agreed to when he bought his ticket.
Nothing but diversion?

What exigency was there to forcibly remove a passenger, under our form of Capitalism, besides the "bottom line"?

Force majeure is generally intended to include occurrences beyond the reasonable control of a party, and therefore would not cover: ...

Are you, "running for Congress"? They cannot tell the difference between the common offense and the common defense.

There was no exigency requiring that passenger be forcibly removed; only the "bottom line".

Disagreed, as I've pointed out, but unlike you, I won't rush to judgment, browbeat people with an uninformed and completely wrong opinion. I'm content to let this play out over the summer.

Just so we're clear and more fucking morons don't go high and left with exaggerated claims, I disagree with the way the O'hare aviation officer handled this. There were better and smarter ways to get Dao off the aircraft.
Terms of the Contract of Carriage which Dao agreed to when he bought his ticket.

BULLSHIT.

I already posted that Contract of Carriage --- in its entirerty --- in post 844, after having posted an analysis thereof in post 842. >NOWHERE< does it provide any pretext for what the airline did. NOWHERE.

Go ahead --- try to prove me wrong.

Cops can't order you to do things not involving law or safety. DOA was not violating law nor was there a safety issue. Per the law, United violated the law because the flight was not overbooked so they had no right to remove him.

He clearly disobeyed their request and even challenged them to do it, they have full authority to ask him to leave the plane, want to bet?

GWV5903

Please link to any dictionary that shows the definition of "ask" to be "broken nose, fractured sinuses, two broken teeth, knocked unconscious = concussion, needing reconstructive surgery".

That's the definition of being mugged in a dark alley.

I just don't get why or how anyone can continue to defend the indefensible.

Would any of you big biz apologist say the same about this vicious attack if the victim had been your own parent or g-parent?

Would you?

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Can you point out were I apologized for UA?!?! Oh, that's right you can't...

The moron Dr. Dumb Dumb could have avoided the whole issue if he had just followed their orders to deplane, but he challenged them, pretty f'ing stupid...

Next time a law enforcement officer tells you to do something, I suggest you do it anything short of jumping off of tall buildings or you could end up looking like Dr. Dumb Dumb...
By that same logic, this all could have been avoided had United simply kept up their end of the agreement and flown the doctor and his wife to Kentucky.

And when you find that perfect world, stay there and leave us alone...
A perfect world isn't necessary. Common sense prevails. Mistakes happen and get corrected. In this case, the airlines and security made serious mistakes. United's CEO insists he is taking action to correct this mistake to try and prevent it from occurring again.

You said he violated law. That goes well beyond the terms of that contract.

Had that been true, you would have easily been able to cite the law he violated that led the airline to involve security.

That you can't cite it reveals you're full of shit.

True about other means of resolving the situation and I'll even agree about the authoritarian direction our government has been moving for a few decades now. I trace it back to Bill Clinton and the rising partisanship on both sides of the Congressional aisle. Nobody wants to compromise anymore; it's all "My way or the highway" be it guns, abortion, healthcare, etc.
The excessively authoritarian law-enforcement practices we are witnessing today are rooted in Nixon's War On Drugs, which was elevated to its social monstrosity status by Ronald Reagan in 1982.

True about other means of resolving the situation and I'll even agree about the authoritarian direction our government has been moving for a few decades now. I trace it back to Bill Clinton and the rising partisanship on both sides of the Congressional aisle. Nobody wants to compromise anymore; it's all "My way or the highway" be it guns, abortion, healthcare, etc.
The excessively authoritarian law-enforcement practices we are witnessing today are rooted in Nixon's War On Drugs, which was elevated to its social monstrosity status by Ronald Reagan in 1982.

And by H.W. who infamously championed the whole "drug testing in the workplace" charade, prolly the most egregious abuse of the Fourth Amendment in that whole trend.

Had that been true, you would have easily been able to cite the law he violated that led the airline to involve security.

Correct. That's why Dao is wrong in so many ways. I have cited the laws he broke. Scroll up.

Now tell everyone the problems are rooted in JFK's and LBJ's war in Vietnam which led to almost a decade of protest and draft.

Now tell everyone the problems are rooted in JFK's and LBJ's war in Vietnam which led to almost a decade of protest and draft.

"Protest and draft" are not "authoritarianism". And besides, Vietnam began under Eisenhower, who didn't bother to second-guess Dulles. So if Vietnam "belongs" to anybody --- it would be John Foster Dulles.

(/offtopic)

And by H.W. who infamously championed the whole "drug testing in the workplace" charade, prolly the most egregious abuse of the Fourth Amendment in that whole trend.
Looks like someone got busted at work.

"Protest and draft" are not "authoritarianism". And besides, Vietnam began under Eisenhower, who didn't bother to second-guess Dulles. So if Vietnam "belongs" to anybody --- it would be John Foster Dulles.

(/offtopic)
You jes' keep believin' that, lil' buddy.

Correct. That's why Dao is wrong in so many ways. I have cited the laws he broke. Scroll up.

Apparently the Wind's new strategy is to claim "I already cited that, you missed it'. :rolleyes:

That's why I put a post number on mine. Which he's avoiding as inconvenient.

Looks like someone got busted at work.

I would imagine many people did. :dunno:
Doesn't make a Fourth Amendment breach into something "legitimate".

Apparently the Wind's new strategy is to claim "I already cited that, you missed it'. :rolleyes:

How old are you? 20ish? Because you act like this kid....

10fvz2w.jpg

"we have a handful of extreme left wing members here who feel that if they get the last word in, that they've won some kind of victory. I call them "mic drop Liberals". They'll deny every fact, every link presented and when someone gives up on them as a lost cause, these "mic drop Liberals" declare victory by default and drop their mic.

They seem to truly believe that if they say something long enough, that it becomes true. Odd, yes, but that's what they do."

(/offtopic)
You jes' keep believin' that, lil' buddy.

oooh, did I reveal yet more you didn't know? Here ya go, this will help.

How old are you? 20ish? Because you act like this kid....

10fvz2w.jpg

"we have a handful of extreme left wing members here who feel that if they get the last word in, that they've won some kind of victory. I call them "mic drop Liberals". They'll deny every fact, every link presented and when someone gives up on them as a lost cause, these "mic drop Liberals" declare victory by default and drop their mic.

They seem to truly believe that if they say something long enough, that it becomes true. Odd, yes, but that's what they do."

I am an audio engineer; I would never deliberately drop a mic. And those who drop one that belongs to me, incur my everlasting wrath.

As I said ---- inconvenient. I called you out on your bullshit trying to cite the same Contract of Carriage I already posted, and there ain't a damn thing you can do about that except (a) admit it or (b) go full butthurt.

Your choice is noted.

Your love of drugs explains your twisted beliefs.

Yes, they are.

No they're not, I am certain I could find hundreds of times the average consumer is wrong, including you, want to bet?
How long are you going to keep your customers by telling them what they don't want to hear?
It depends on whether that is a business norm or not. In this case, passengers all agree to contracts of carriage. Most are about the same. Airlines do their best to avoid bumping passengers and try to make the best of it. In Dao's case, he violated the law and the law was called in...then they fucked it up.
The law says United was wrong.

No it doesn't, the FAA clearly says UA can and they did!!
The plane was not overbooked per United.

§250.2a Policy regarding denied boarding. In the event of an oversold flight, every carrier shall ensure that the smallest practicable number of persons holding confirmed reserved space on that flight are denied boarding involuntarily.

Dr Dao had already boarded.

(b) If an insufficient number of volunteers come forward, the carrier
may deny boardingto other passengers in accordance with its boarding priority rules. However, the carrier may not deny boarding to any passenger involuntarily who was earlier asked to volunteer without having been informed about the danger of being denied boarding involuntarily and the amount of Board-mandated compensation.

United should have offered more incentives for people to volunteer. If you booked that flight at the last minute you were paying over a thousand dollars.

§250.5 Amount of denied boarding compensation for passengers denied boarding involuntarily. (a) Subject to the exceptions provided in §250.6, a carrier as defined in §250.1, shall pay compensation to passengers denied boarding involuntarily from an oversold flight at the rate of 200 percent of the sum of the values of the passenger’s remaining flight coupons up to the passenger’s next stopover, or if none, to the passenger’s final destination, with a maximum of $400.

United could have also booked it's employees on another airline, but they just tried to save a buck.

Forum List

Back