Increase in Cigarette tax from roughly 80 cents to $2.50 on ballot in Colorado

It's statistically proven that smokers earn less than non smokers.

This tax will punish the poor. Why are liberals so cruel? They obviously hate the poor.

It is a tax on stupid people rich or poor

No, the Lottery is a tax on stupid people.

That being said I play every week, but I know I can't win more than a few dollars. For me its the action, not the end result.

I would say smokers are dumber than lottery players
smokers dont lose their house and their life savings on cigarettes

If I spend $5 on lottery tickets I am betting on winning millions of dollars
If I spend $5 on cigarettes, I am betting on getting cancer
the oldest woman in the world smoked almost everyday until she died.

This tax will punish the poor. Why are liberals so cruel? They obviously hate the poor.

It's been statistically proven since the 1960s that smoking kills before it runs up the cost of medical care FOR ALL.

So do fat fucks who eat doughnuts and don't exercise. By your logic, we should have a VERY high tax on anything with sugar. Maybe we should charge an extra income tax on those who do not exercise.

Explain to me the logic of the tax. Is it going to healthcare? Specifically how much of the tax is going to healthcare for smokers?
Smoking and donuts hurt the individual that is actually eating or smoking.
However, a drunk driver can kill a family in seconds. Even if nobody in that family drinks.
I think it would be more fitting to add a tax of at least 1.50 per drink that is served in a bar or restaurant to try and reduce the number of deaths due to alcohol. And, if someone is caught driving drunk, I would suggest that an insurance form be required for them to drive again at all, and along with the form an additional tax on the insurance policy of at least 1000.00 per year.
Since I dont drink, I think this would be fair. Pretty much just as fair for those that dont smoke to decide to generate the additional funds needed by taxing something that they will never see an impact from.

That being said I play every week, but I know I can't win more than a few dollars. For me its the action, not the end result.

Neither do most gamblers. My habit is $14 in lottery tickets a week, A few hundred during football season on pools and fantasy, and a trip to AC or Vegas every other year. And there I feel pains when I lose more than $300 or so (which makes me stop)

For that amount of money you could easily drop $1000 on a NYC Gun Permit

Bed wetter

Yup...and my grandfather smoked three packs a day of unfiltered Camel cigarettes and coughed up a lung at 59

413b.jpg

Last edited:
If your bad cholosterol is above 200 and your BMI is above 30, you should have much higher health premiums than those who can get off the couch.

Why should healthy people supplement the healthcare for sloths?

Instead of supplementing health insurance, maybe everyone should get a free gym membership and we should tax the shit out of hot dogs.

Neither do most gamblers. My habit is $14 in lottery tickets a week, A few hundred during football season on pools and fantasy, and a trip to AC or Vegas every other year. And there I feel pains when I lose more than $300 or so (which makes me stop)
most people who eat sugary and fatty foods dont weigh 500lbs either, that doesn't mean addiction isn't real

Agreed, but when you regulate based on the actions of the worst people involved, you screw over others who are able to handle themselves.

I enjoy pot a few times a year. It should be legal, but drug laws are there to attempt to protect the most easily addicted people, not me.

Yup...and my grandfather smoked three packs a day of unfiltered Camel cigarettes and coughed up a lung at 59
and my uncle ate sugary foods at every meal and lost his foot to diabetes three years before he died at 39, does that mean sugar should be illegal?

Paying money for a gun permit? What a fucking waste of money.

think about this for a moment.
Do you honestly think its a good idea to take away someones cigarettes at the exact moment you hand them their first gun?
Im thinking ,,,, NO

Toche, dickhead :flameth:

Still doesn't eliminate the 3-6 month wait period, and again, I shouldn't have to pay more than $10 to exercise a right.

Not one of my guns are registered and Ive been collecting since I bought my first firearm in 1978. Still have that one too, its a Mossburg Bolt action 243 with a Redfield 4X12 scope. Gun was old when I bought it used.

Toche, dickhead :flameth:

Still doesn't eliminate the 3-6 month wait period, and again, I shouldn't have to pay more than $10 to exercise a right.
you shouldn't have to pay anything to exercise a right, if a license is required it should be paid for by the state or federal government. If its not free then it will disproportionately disadvantage the poor.

most people who eat sugary and fatty foods dont weigh 500lbs either, that doesn't mean addiction isn't real

Agreed, but when you regulate based on the actions of the worst people involved, you screw over others who are able to handle themselves.

I enjoy pot a few times a year. It should be legal, but drug laws are there to attempt to protect the most easily addicted people, not me.
Addiction treatment is how most countries solve these problems

If your bad cholosterol is above 200 and your BMI is above 30, you should have much higher health premiums than those who can get off the couch.

Why should healthy people supplement the healthcare for sloths?

Instead of supplementing health insurance, maybe everyone should get a free gym membership and we should tax the shit out of hot dogs.
If you are the type that gets off the couch and is involved in any type of activity, your chances of injuring yourself with a break or sprain are much higher than someone that sits safely on the couch. Your premiums should reflect this chance taking defect in your character

Not one of my guns are registered and Ive been collecting since I bought my first firearm in 1978. Still have that one too, its a Mossburg Bolt action 243 with a Redfield 4X12 scope. Gun was old when I bought it used.
Yeah there's no reason for gun registration, except for the government to fuck you over.

All taxes go into the file of waste, fraud and abuse... fact
not all, some things in a society are required in order for things like trade or public safety. These costs should be shared by all. And by all I also refer to those that make very little due to their lack of motivation in life.

Forum List

Back