India to overtake China as world's fastest growing large economy

India’s growth rate is set to further outstrip China’s in 2016 with the gap between the two economies expected to widen to over 1%, a new report from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) stated on Tuesday.

The IMF’s latest World Economic Outlook (WEO) report projects that India will grow at a rate of 7.5% while China’s economic growth will further drop to 6.3% next year from this year’s 6.8%. The South Asian nation’s economy, the report says, will “benefit from recent policy reforms, a consequent pickup in investment, and lower commodity prices.”

The global growth rate, meanwhile, is expected to be lower than it was in 2014, and less than that forecast in the World Economic Outlook in July, with the IMF projecting it at 3.1%.

The latest figures come soon after other recent economic surveys placed India in a highly favorable economic position, with a report from the Financial Times revealing it had surpassed both China and the U.S. as the world’s top destination for greenfield foreign investment, and a simultaneous 16-place jump in the World Economic Forum’s global rankings for competitiveness.

India's Growth Will Further Surpass China's in 2016: IMF

Why India's Tortoise May Beat China's Hare

In part because of China’s faltering, the debate today has shifted to the progress of Indian economic reform and how in the years ahead the trajectory of India’s economy will stack up against China’s. Of course the heightened attention recently given by the business media to India in no small way has been propelled by the political ascent in May 2014 of Narendra Modi as Prime Minister, who is seemingly intent on ushering in a watershed of modern economic reforms aimed at enhancing the country’s business environment and developing the nation’s infrastructure.

Why India's Tortoise May Beat China's Hare

India's economy outpaces China; RBI seen holding rates

India's economic growth picked up in July-September, outpacing China on improving domestic demand and manufacturing activity, and the acceleration could persuade the country's central bank to keep interest rates unchanged at its Tuesday meeting.

The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is expected to hold rates steady after a sharper-than-expected 50 basis point cut at its last meeting, as it looks to control price rises ahead of a tighter 2016 inflation target.

Asia's third-largest economy expanded by a 7.4 percent annual rate in the second quarter of the 2015/16 financial year that ends in March, compared with 7 percent in April-June, the Statistics Ministry said on Monday.

China reported annual growth of 6.9 percent for the three months ended Sept. 30.

India's economy outpaces China; RBI seen holding rates

Could this be India's year to shine?

With China's growth targets in doubt, India will stand out for being the only economy in the world to expand more than 7 per cent, according to surveys of Bloomberg economists. China, on the other hand, is enduring the slowest growth in a quarter century and is forecast to expand 6.5 per cent this year.

While many of 2016's economic underachievers will cluster in Latin America and Europe, we now look to Asia and Africa as the motor for global growth this year, accounting for 12 of the 20 best performers. The largest of these - China, India and Indonesia - combined make up more than 17 per cent of global gross domestic product and 40 per cent of the world's population.

Business News, Economy, Finance & ASX Market News

Could this be India's year to shine?

With China's growth targets in doubt, India will stand out for being the only economy in the world to expand more than 7 per cent, according to surveys of Bloomberg economists. China, on the other hand, is enduring the slowest growth in a quarter century and is forecast to expand 6.5 per cent this year.

While many of 2016's economic underachievers will cluster in Latin America and Europe, we now look to Asia and Africa as the motor for global growth this year, accounting for 12 of the 20 best performers. The largest of these - China, India and Indonesia - combined make up more than 17 per cent of global gross domestic product and 40 per cent of the world's population.

Business News, Economy, Finance & ASX Market News

:cool:
India and Israel's Secret Love Affair

Picture_3.jpg

The Indo-Israeli defense relationship is once again in focus following BenjaminNetanyahu's "sky is the limit" comment after meeting Narendra Modi in New York back in September—and especially after the signing of the long-delayed$144 million deal on Barak I missiles in October. Another milestone was crossed in November when New Delhi and Tel Aviv successfully tested the Barak 8 anti-missile system—a joint project developing an aerial defense system for naval vessels. Moreover, since Modi took power this summer, New Delhi has purchased a whopping $662 million worth of Israeli arms.

India and Israel's Secret Love Affair

Israel-India strategic ties are no longer a secret - Diplomacy and Defense

Israel-India Strategic Ties Are

No Longer a Secret

4154613051.jpg
[/FONT]

Cooperation between the two nations was ramped up over a decade ago, but the Indian government preferred to keep a low profile, until now.

Indian press outlets reported on Monday that Haryana – located just northwest of Dehli – would be initiating micro-irrigation projects based on Israeli expertise at 14 sites throughout the state over the course of 2016. Haryana Agriculture Minister Om Prakash Dhankar emphasized how the project would help provide sufficient water supplies for farmers, so that even those at “the tail-end of canals” do not face any difficulties, the Tribune News Service reported.

“At present, farmers make arrangements for irrigating their fields, but it is the responsibility of the state to ensure water supply to every field,” Dhankar said, according to the report. “The micro-irrigation scheme has changed the fate of agriculture in Israel, hence it will be launched in Haryana, as well.”

Israel-India strategic ties are no longer a secret - Diplomacy and Defense

Jroc

You should have started a new thread. I do not think those news items are relevant for this thread.

NEW DELHI: India is a land of opportunities among BRICS nations but lack of knowledge about various compliance requirements seem to be posing a challenge to the corporates here, say experts.

In recent times, stricter regulatory framework and disclosure requirements have been put in place as part of the efforts to ensure protect investor interest, increased transparency and make India a more easier place for doing business.

Describing India as a "land of opportunities", a seni ..

Read more at:
India a land of opportunities among BRICS countries: Experts - The Economic Times

Jroc

You should have started a new thread. I do not think those news items are relevant for this thread.

The Indian economy includes increased trade with Israel :cool-45:

the china, India, Israel, situation is unstable and unpredictable because of
the agenda of the AXIS ------of which CHINA is a member

the world is unstable generally. So whats your point? The U.S. Israel relationship is unstable because of this pathetic, leftist, president. Indian's agenda is not China's agenda anyways

Jroc

the world is unstable generally. So whats your point? The U.S. Israel relationship is unstable because of this pathetic, leftist, president. Indian's agenda is not China's agenda anyways

I think I was commenting on India's position. Of course china's agenda IS not
consistent with that of india------in fact it is inimical to India's -------position AND
India is not at all interested in the IMPERIALISM of the Axis powers. IMHO---
if Modi imagines that he is going to RIDE on the coattails of the POWERFUL
AXIS------he is going to end up ------something like MUSSOLINI

Jroc

consistent with that of india------in fact it is inimical to India's -------position AND

You should worry about Israel and where it will end up riding on the coattails of IS and other extremists in the region.

Jroc

You should worry about Israel and where it will end up riding on the coattails of IS and other extremists in the region.

Indian has their own muslim nutjob problem

Jroc

oh gee-----VIC-----apologist for the IRANIAN AGENDA------decided to endorse anything negative about china. I got news, VIC-----china and Iran are ALLIES----both hate hindooooos -----

He forecast that India's economy could grow by as much as 9% a year, given the right conditions.

Official figures show that GDP grew by 7.4% in the quarter ended September 30.

"Our real potential is 1% to 1.5% over and above that," said Jaitley.

India, which is now outpacing China, was held back in 2015 by damaging monsoons and a slowdown in some sectors, including the steel industry.

But, on the flip side, the country has benefited from a sharp drop in global oil prices, which has helped the government reduce costly fuel subsidies.

India primed for 9% growth, says finance minister

Jroc

oh gee-----VIC-----apologist for the IRANIAN AGENDA------decided to endorse anything negative about china. I got news, VIC-----china and Iran are ALLIES----both hate hindooooos -----

Everybody is entitled to their hate. As long as they know that if they act on those hates, there will be price to pay.

Jroc

Everybody is entitled to their hate. As long as they know that if they act on those hates, there will be price to pay.

Muslim fascism isn't local, it's worldwide. Israel and India will be working together to fight it. China also has muslim nutjob problems..there's lots of muslim nutjobs in the world

He forecast that India's economy could grow by as much as 9% a year, given the right conditions.

Official figures show that GDP grew by 7.4% in the quarter ended September 30.

"Our real potential is 1% to 1.5% over and above that," said Jaitley.

India, which is now outpacing China, was held back in 2015 by damaging monsoons and a slowdown in some sectors, including the steel industry.

But, on the flip side, the country has benefited from a sharp drop in global oil prices, which has helped the government reduce costly fuel subsidies.

India primed for 9% growth, says finance minister

I am delighted-------LONG LONG LONG ago I had a close friend (college---medievial USA at that time) He was a Ph-d candidate in----some engineering
technical stuff related to food industry-------nice kid from a really poor family in
MYSORE------He told me WAY BACK THEN-----"India has everything-----except
good organization" ------I believed it way back then (see? I am uhm...... kinda like in league with the PROPHETS------or----at least I recognize stuff early on)
AN ALLIANCE WITH THE AXIS POWERS WILL NOT HELP INDIA <<< that's
my "learned" advice. Feel free to pass it on the MODI (poor innocent guy)

Forum List

Back