Inflation Plummeting Rapidly

Well, rational adults understand these are not the only two things people buy.

. . . . for working class and poor folks? Except for the rent/mortgage and a few various bills like energy, water, insurance, phone and internet/cable?

Not so much.

The prices at the pump and in the grocery store say something very different.

Depends on where you live I suppose. A gallon of milk and a gallon of gas here are about the same price this week---$2.90's and some change. Last time I bought a gallon of milk it was like $3.60ish. Not sure why the price drop on milk.

Anyway, I suspect the OP is fiddling while the Titanic is sinking. A recession will cause inflation to drop too, not just OMG Hairy Leg's brilliance.

Gas is around $4.50 here these days. Fuck these stupid drones that say times are good.
It is all about, which particular part of society you are in, and where you stash your cash.

It is about how you make your money too.

It is all about stake holders.

I love how Biden's great economic data upsets you.

You hate Biden's booming labor market, and its sad.
Biden has a better economy and better labor market than Trump, and lower annual deficits than trump, and you hate it.
What booming labor market? It was booming up until the China Virus fake pandemic. Nothing is different and it wasn't Biden who got the employment where it is. He's done nothing to make that happen. It's the fact that 12 million people lost their jobs through the fake pandemic closers that were unnecessary. Those jobs came back on their own once the fruitcake Biden and other blockheads stopped the insane tyranny of shutdowns. Biden didn't do that. The people are building businesses back inspite of Biden. He's too stupid to know what is going on.
Trump had inflation very low because oil and gas were very low. Biden stopped all of Trump's energy programs and oil and gas spiked up. That drives up the costs of goods like gasoline and foods. those prices have not come down. 3.8% inflation but when you add food and gas you get a much higher inflation. The percent change stated May, 2023 from last year has Food away from home at 8.3%, Full service means and snacks at 6.8% and limited service means and snacks at 8.0% Energy is down 11.7% and holding steady for months now at the gasoline pump says the USDA. If oil gets more expensive from OPED, we will see inflation in all areas back up.

Depends on where you live I suppose.
Up about 40 cents a gallon in the last month here.
IMG_3171.jpeg

You need to retake the Math for Marines MCI

Every Marine took that.

I am really not sure what you point is, would you mind just once not trying to be cute or sly and just say what it is you are beating around the bush at

Depends on where you live I suppose. A gallon of milk and a gallon of gas here are about the same price this week---$2.90's and some change. Last time I bought a gallon of milk it was like $3.60ish. Not sure why the price drop on milk.

Anyway, I suspect the OP is fiddling while the Titanic is sinking. A recession will cause inflation to drop too, not just OMG Hairy Leg's brilliance.
Prices will vary to some degree depending on the state or part of the country you live in. But I doubt we would find very many who are happy with what they are currently paying.

for working class and poor folks?
Yes that's right. For everyone.

But yes, it does affect poorer people more significantly, no doubt. And it wasn't just normal inflation. We are still feeling the affects of the supply chain disruptions from 2022 (among other things).

If you have a solution, the world is all ears.

Prices will vary to some degree depending on the state or part of the country you live in. But I doubt we would find very many who are happy with what they are currently paying.

I'm not thrilled about it, but I think the problem for Biden, Inc., is that they don't seem to want to grasp that a lot of this price inflation is because landlords, and shopkeepers, and even corporations got absolutely soaked by COVID and now the Empire is fighting back so to speak. Tinkering with interest rates isn't going to change it. IMHO, all they are doing is creating the illusion they are doing something until the recession they think they faked their way out of in 2020-2021 comes home to roost awhile.

The labor force participation rate before Democrats sank the economy with lockdowns was 63.3%. In Biden's booming economy it's 62.6%. All of Biden's deficits have been bigger than Trump's with the except for the 2020 deficit which was created by Democrats spending money like drunken Democrats.

Forum List

Back