Inflation Plummeting Rapidly

The war started with the insurrection of 2014. It’s a civil war and they got Russia involved by killing ethnic Russians. Provoke the bear, you reap what you sow.
Ukraine may have a corrupt leader and it may have a problem with idiots who still place any value on Nazis. And it may have high levels of official corruption.

But Ukraine didn’t invade Russia or itself. Russia invaded Ukraine. And Russia has waged its war of aggression against the civilian population to a large degree committing obvious and indefensible war crimes along the way. Putin belongs under a prison. For life.

One can question the wisdom of the United States engaging in this war, either way. But let’s not start off on the dishonest pretense that Putin has any clean hands. He doesn’t.

And questioning our involvement doesn’t make anybody pro Putin.

I'm not thrilled about it, but I think the problem for Biden, Inc., is that they don't seem to want to grasp that a lot of this price inflation is because landlords, and shopkeepers, and even corporations got absolutely soaked by COVID and now the Empire is fighting back so to speak. Tinkering with interest rates isn't going to change it. IMHO, all they are doing is creating the illusion they are doing something until the recession they think they faked their way out of in 2020-2021 comes home to roost awhile.
Personally I think it has more to do with career politicans like Biden and others both on the left and right have forgotten that out of control spending might not have any consquences in the fantasyland that is Congress but in the real world it has major consquences

Personally I think it has more to do with career politicans like Biden and others both on the left and right have forgotten that out of control spending might not have any consquences in the fantasyland that is Congress but in the real world it has major consquences
Spending is not out of control. What is out of control is our low tax revenue.

What a bunch of hilarious and nauseating propaganda. I forgot that Putin has turned your brains to dog shit.
Those are the facts. Ukraine government was overthrown in 2014.

Zelensky is now a dictator who just said elections in Ukraine will likely not happen.

You stand with a dictator.

Ukraine may have a corrupt leader and it may have a problem with idiots who still place any value on Nazis. And it may have high levels of official corruption.

But Ukraine didn’t invade Russia or itself. Russia invaded Ukraine. And Russia has waged its war of aggression against the civilian population to a large degree committing obvious and indefensible war crimes along the way. Putin belongs under a prison. For life.

One can question the wisdom of the United States engaging in this war, either way. But let’s not start off on the dishonest pretense that Putin has any clean hands. He doesn’t.

And questioning our involvement doesn’t make anybody pro Putin.
So what? Why should I care if Russia invades Ukraine for its own reasons?

How many countries have we invaded? How many have we helped overthrow their government?

If you have a solution, the world is all ears.

1688173360865.jpeg

Inflation slowing down means that prices are still increasing. Get back to me when we get enough deflation to negate the past 3 years of inflation.
Will you be giving back your wage increases too?

workers over the last three years​

Our analysis focuses on changes in real wages between 2019 and 2022. In this report, we largely ignore what happened in the intervening years—2020 and 2021—given labor market dynamics that caused dramatic swings in job losses and gains.1

We divide the wage distribution into roughly five groups to uncover recent wage trends at different wage levels. Figure A displays wage growth at the 10th percentile (“low-wage”), the average of the 20th–40th percentiles (“lower-middle-wage”), the average of the 40th–60th percentiles (“middle-wage”), the average of the 60th–80th percentiles (“upper-middle-wage”), and the 90th percentile (“high-wage”) using Current Population Survey (CPS) Outgoing Rotation Group microdata (EPI 2023a). See the appendix for more information about why and how we selected these data measures and their robustness to our conclusions throughout this report.

Real wage growth at the 10th percentile was exceptionally strong—even in the face of high inflation​

Between 2019 and 2022, hourly wage growth was strongest at the bottom of the wage distribution. The 10th-percentile real hourly wage grew 9.0% over the three-year period. When we look across the wage distribution, we see wage growth declining for each successive wage group until we reach the high-wage group. Compared with the 9.0% wage growth at the bottom, growth was less than half as fast for lower-middle-wage workers (3.9%) and less than one-third as fast for middle-wage workers (2.4%) between 2019 and 2022. Upper-middle wages grew even more slowly at 1.8% over the three-year period, while the 90th-percentile wage grew 4.9%—faster than the middle wages, but not as fast as the 10th-percentile wage.

To an extent but the Fed was going to jack up interest regardless because they effectively couldn't go any lower and need that rate-cut tool back in their bag of tricks. Some of this goes all the way back to the great recession. the bond market has been on life support since then because interest rates were held too low for way too long. Anyway, it'll sort itself out--mostly by people just accepting those high prices are here to stay.

Forum List

Back