Innocent man killed after police go to wrong house.

When the first thing to do is to get out the guns, bad things start to happen.

It's not the fault of the guns, it's the fault of America's culture of continuous wars and using guns to kill each other.
Are the police and military handing in their weapons?

Yep, protecting their family.

You are just playing Devil's Advocate, the police make an unauthorize move on this man's home but in your mind he made a target of himself. That's stupid as hell.
In the "rarest "of moments"... I agree...

Yes

The homeowner opened the door holding a weapon without bothering to find out who was outside
The police never do anything wrong in your eyes, do they?

ELh7WSlUEAAbRE_.jpg

From what?

He had no idea who was on his porch

But nevertheless made s target of himself to find out

Thats very stupid
So you think the police should be able to go to the wrong residence and just murder the residence and then say, "Oops we went to the wrong house". My bad.

Police incompetence gets another innocent man killed. I have no idea how it's so hard for them to verify an address in this day and age. Given the address I could find the house from where I sit.

New Mexico police fatally shoot resident after responding to wrong house

How hard could it be, even the FBI can get the right address...

Oh, wait

"Federal agents busted into the wrong hotel room during a training exercise and held a Delta pilot handcuffed for nearly an hour"

The problem in the US is the police forces seem to not be that professional, if the FBI on a training exercise can get it wrong..... is there any hope?

So you think the police should be able to go to the wrong residence and just murder the residence and then say, "Oops we went to the wrong house". My bad.
You do yourself no good by telling hysterical lies

Cops are not going to allow themselves to be killed just to make you happy

The damn cops were at the WRONG freakin house, what part of that don't you understand? They murdered an innocent man.
Yes they went to the wrong house

Thats a simple mistake that can be easily corrected

But the citizen made a much bigger mistake

Aaaarrrrrggghhhhhh, my hair is on fire!!!!!!!

Well dang, I guess with that one unprovable example, I was wrong. LOL
Just giving you an example, there was a thread on here not long ago about high school students who couldn't do math, but I'm sure they knew all about gay sex.

Just giving you an example, there was a thread on here not long ago about high school students who couldn't do math, but I'm sure they knew all about gay sex.

Again, one person makes your overall point I suppose. Maybe you, yourself prove your point.

We must hold them accountable for incompetence.
I'm sure there will be civil lawsuit and a payout.

A couple of points:
  • Police arrive at wrong residence
  • Police state they announce their arrival
    • If the homeowner knew they were police, don't answer the door with a gun in your hand.
    • If the homeowner didn't know they were police, I absolutely understand coming to the door with a gun in hand.
  • We haven't seen the footage so we don't know or haven't heard who fired first
  • When the wife discovered they were police she immediately complied and new to drop the gun - interesting fact here folks. Regardless of how tragic this was, imagine how many more people wouldn't be shot by police if they would just COMPLY.
This is tragic, terrible, the body cam footage will reveal more. Either way, the city is going to payout.

Forum List

Back