Instrumental music.

1623868013093.png

*****SMILE*****

:)

I have all those albums including Blow By Blow on half-speed mastered. Jeff toured back then as the opening show before Mahavishnu and when they broke up, a few of the members joined Jeff to do some of these albums.

Last time I saw Jeff in person, we were waiting outside on the street to be let in and suddenly I heard and felt this deep sound which I thought must have been a freight train or locomotive slowly lumbering through town a few blocks away, then suddenly realized that, no, it was the bass player warming up inside the building!

When my wife and I got in, we ended up sitting right in the front row in front of the stage with one of the bass towers right in front of us. They brought the lights up behind the stage and all we could see was the outline of a man with like a three foot diameter enormous head of frizzy hair!

Then the full lights came up and it was the bass player. Then they went into this tune I had never heard before playing these bass riffs, the deepest, strongest bass I've ever heard in my life, it literally nailed us into our chairs, it was enough to melt the concrete right off the steel beams of the amphitheater!

To this day I still have not found whatever songs he played that night released on any CD. :eusa_eh:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back