Interesting argument against the Ground Zero Mosque

I thought the standard for Tolerance in America was NYC?

What? I'm making the point about people comparing this to Saudi Arabia and Mecca. I'm not sure why people want us to be like a religious monarchy.

Saudi Arabia is the birthplace of ISLAM. And to most of the people that attacked the USA on 9/11/01. And people like YOU, MODBERT aren't allowed in because those wonderful Muslims think you would DEFILE the place. Isn’t that nice?

Saudi Arabia is the birthplace of ISLAM. And to most of the people that attacked the USA on 9/11/01. And people like YOU, MODBERT aren't allowed in because those wonderful Muslims think you would DEFILE the place. Isn’t that nice?

Okay? It's their country. Better question is why I would want to go to Saudi Arabia in the first place?

so, why are you wanting to turn here into there?

I thought the standard for Tolerance in America was NYC?

What? I'm making the point about people comparing this to Saudi Arabia and Mecca. I'm not sure why people want us to be like a religious monarchy.

I'm making the point that NYC, arguably the most Liberal Enclave in the USA, is the Standard for Tolerance in America, and whose behaviour would be at the opposite end of the tolerance spectrum from Mecca, Saudi Arabia, or any other Islamic Nation.

Saudi Arabia is an example of a country where they let their religion run life and government...not very pretty.

Turkey is an example of a country where they do NOT let their religion (same religion) run life and government.

What is the difference....?

Saudi Arabia is an example of a country where they let their religion run life and government...not very pretty.

Turkey is an example of a country where they do NOT let their religion (same religion) run life and government.

Wild Guess: Queers can Marry in Turkey?

Turkey had European involvement in their constitution after WWI
Saudi didnt

I most certainly am not. Just the opposite. This is NOT an abstraction. Saudi Arabia attacked us on 9/11.That religion (Islam) itself excludes any debates or personal freedoms. It attacks those that question it. Let's see. How many CHRISTIAN suicide bombers have you heard of lately? Islam itself is the enemy. They despise you. They will kill ya...If YOU don't agree with THEM. Is that theological totalitarian ideology something anyone agrees with?

I most certainly am not. Just the opposite. This is NOT an abstraction. Saudi Arabia attacked us on 9/11.That religion (Islam) itself excludes any debates or personal freedoms. It attacks those that question it. Let's see. How many CHRISTIAN suicide bombers have you heard of lately? Islam itself is the enemy. They despise you. They will kill ya...If YOU don't agree with THEM. Is that theological totalitarian ideology something anyone agrees with?

Well if they did, why would our President hold hands with their King and kiss him?

Odd. I have Muslim friends, not only do they not try to enforce their religion upon me but they haven't killed me. I have more friends who would more likely push Christianity onto others.

Turkey had European involvement in their constitution after WWI
Saudi didnt

Perhaps not directly, but the West's support of the rise of Ibn Saud's dynasty is a matter of historical fact.

when you show that the people in this thread with opposition to this Islamic center are involved with that opposition then you will have a point
until then, you have posted a strawman

Uh Dive, let's be frank, there are people in this thread (including some who willingly admit it) want no Mosques in this country.

when you show that the people in this thread with opposition to this Islamic center are involved with that opposition then you will have a point

Uh Dive, let's be frank, there are people in this thread (including some who willingly admit it) want no Mosques in this country.

And want no Muslims in this country either.

but have any of them said it was just the location?

she as using a strawman attempt to paint ALL opposition to this Islamic center as being opposed to ALL things Muslim

Forum List

Back