Interesting argument against the Ground Zero Mosque

but have any of them said it was just the location?

she as using a strawman attempt to paint ALL opposition to this Islamic center as being opposed to ALL things Muslim

I don't see that. However, there are plenty of people here who are opposed to all things Muslim. It's a fair thing to point out.

Me personally I have no problem with any mosque anywhere, Other than this one. I am sure there are Libs here who will try and paint me as hating all Muslims but they will be wrong.

My opposition to this particular Mosque has nothing to do with Islam. It has to do with the Precived Message this Mosque will send to radical Muslims. While the Vast Majority of Muslims will see it as a way to reach out and bring people together. Our Enemies in the Radical Islam Movement will most assuredly see this as a monument to Victory. Period.

You have Muslim freinds? No. You don't.

Actually, I do...and Jewish friends, and Hindu friends, and Sikh friends, and Buddhist friends, and Pagan friends, and Atheist friends, and ...of course...Christian friends of many, many sects.

but have any of them said it was just the location?

she as using a strawman attempt to paint ALL opposition to this Islamic center as being opposed to ALL things Muslim

I don't see that. However, there are plenty of people here who are opposed to all things Muslim. It's a fair thing to point out.
it was plain as day, look at what she said
The New York Times > Log In

Go ahead, folks, and tell us it's only the location that has you protesting.
she was directly addressing the people that have stated they only oppose this one because of the location
how YOU can not see that is mind boggling

Does anyone know where the term "moderate Muslim" came from? I believe it was invented by the Bush administration and my guess is that most devout Muslims find it offensive. But if we are going to use that term, I would suggest that the "moderates" will attend their local neighborhood mosques, just like most Christians and Jews and Hindus, etc. Heading downtown just to pray seems almost illogical. So who will go out of their way to go there?

Its a bad idea no matter how you look at it, but Bloomberg will have to suffer the backlash. He's already playing the bigot card. Sure sign of desperation.

Does anyone know where the term "moderate Muslim" came from? I believe it was invented by the Bush administration and my guess is that most devout Muslims find it offensive. But if we are going to use that term, I would suggest that the "moderates" will attend their local neighborhood mosques, just like most Christians and Jews and Hindus, etc. Heading downtown just to pray seems almost illogical. So who will go out of their way to go there?

Its a bad idea no matter how you look at it, but Bloomberg will have to suffer the backlash. He's already playing the bigot card. Sure sign of desperation.

It's not just a Mosque, so irrelevant post is irrelevant.

I don’t believe that, friend. I have also met a few Muslims, too. I also know more Christians and Jews, and they don’t crash planes into buildings or strap bombs and kill themselves for the creator. I have met a couple of passionate Muslims proselytizing in my life BEFORE 9/11 and I knew they were jerks even THEN. IN 1999!

I don’t believe that, friend. I have also met a few Muslims, too. I also know more Christians and Jews, and they don’t crash planes into buildings or strap bombs and kill themselves for the creator. I have met a couple of passionate Muslims proselytizing in my life BEFORE 9/11 and I knew they were jerks even THEN. IN 1999!

None of my friends have killed anyone or crashed planes into building. None of my friends may there be Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, or Atheists have committed any sort of crime. So I don't know where you're going with this.

Knowenemy.jpg

How many of your "acquaintances" blew up buildings?

You have Muslim freinds? No. You don't.

Uh, yes I do. It's not hard when one isn't a ignorant bigot.
Assuming you are not a muslim.
No. You dont.
Tafsir.com Tafsir Ibn Kathir

Hard to figure who is loonier in this thread, you or Burt. On the one hand Burt the retard would have us believe that Islam is a religion of peace, and on the other hand you would trample the first amendment and run them all out of the US.

But Burt, you're either a liar, or a fool. Muslims are commanded not to be be friends with non Muslims, that isn't a radical concept, that is something ALL Muslims believe.

Why you defend these assholes is beyond me.

But Burt, you're either a liar, or a fool. Muslims are commanded not to be be friends with non Muslims, that isn't a radical concept, that is something ALL Muslims believe.

You're insane. I wonder if that means any Muslim who has a FB and is friends with anyone not a Muslim is really supposedly not a Muslim themselves. :eusa_think:

You're insane. I wonder if that means any Muslim who has a FB and is friends with anyone not a Muslim is really supposedly not a Muslim themselves. :eusa_think:

According to USMB's resident scholars of Islam, that would seem to be the case. Perhaps those Muslims are pretending to be your friends so that they can kill you once they gain your trust.

Last edited:
According to USMB's resident scholars of Islam, that would seem to be the case. Perhaps those Muslims are pretending to be your friends so that they can kill you once they gain your trust.

:eek: Someone call Dan Brown! I have a idea for his newest novel!

Look at the Muhammad cartoons closely; our master plan is hidden in the drawings.

Look at the Muhammad cartoons closely; our master plan is hidden in the drawings.
i thought fatwah's were issued for those doing cartoons

Forum List

Back