Interesting Article On The Supreme Court

Independent thinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
I thought this article was very interesting and was wondering what everyone else thought. It is about originalism on the Court and how liberals on the court used originalism in the past to make landmark decisions and how liberals on the current court could benefit from being originalists. Comments anyone?

I see nothing in the Constitution that would cause a justice to rule that a previous administrations EO can stand into the next administration when they wish to end it.
Yes, I dont agree with that either.
I couldnt believe that happened with DACA and that was about citizenship!

Yes, I dont agree with that either.
I couldnt believe that happened with DACA and that was about citizenship!

For the record.............words are important and when justices note something, there is usually a reason. The court ruled that Biden took the proper procedures to overturn Trump's EO on immigration. There is a reason they noted that. The reason he was turned down over DACA was because he did not try and overturn it the proper way. That is why it was turned down.

For the record.............words are important and when justices note something, there is usually a reason. The court ruled that Biden took the proper procedures to overturn Trump's EO on immigration. There is a reason they noted that. The reason he was turned down over DACA was because he did not try and overturn it the proper way. That is why it was turned down.
You are right! I forgot about that. Thanks.

Forum List

Back