Interracial relationships

Interracial relationships

• Total voters
take a group of English speakers and the same sized group of Spanish speakers and plunk them down on an island cut off from the rest of humanity. Over time the language on that island will blend into a Spanglish.

That is not necessarily the case at all.

take a group of English speakers and the same sized group of Spanish speakers and plunk them down on an island cut off from the rest of humanity. Over time the language on that island will blend into a Spanglish.

That is not necessarily the case at all.
He's not far wrong..

Pretty far wrong. There are too many variables involved for categorical statements like the one in question.

... it's utterly false to claim that we're all the same under the skin.

There is more genetic diversity within 'racial' groups than between them, so your attempt at justifying your cowardice fails yet again.

"Race" is more than just "skin color". Intelligent people know this.

Is that what you 'heard'? I doubt you run into any in your circles. The FACT is that there is more genetic diversity within 'racial' groups than between them.

When I was younger I dated a couple of black women. Heck, I dated women of many nationalities/races during my 23 years in the Navy. My son is currently seeing a pretty black girl now. She's wonderful. Love having her over. I don't have a problem with this at all.

There is more genetic diversity within 'racial' groups than between them, so your attempt at justifying your cowardice fails yet again.

Is that what you 'heard'? I doubt you run into any in your circles. The FACT is that there is more genetic diversity within 'racial' groups than between them.

"Race" is more than just "skin color".

There are physical, mental and biological differences among the races.

Do you think that if you avoid the FACT I so kindly informed you of it will go away? Doesn't work like that, champ.

I... They usually stick to their own race anyway. ...

That's ridiculous.

It is not ridiculous. With a lot of people who immigrated here from the South American countries, it is most certainly true. They have their own communities and a lot of them do not like outsiders. I knew an illegal immigrant from Colombia and she let me on a lot of things that go on in some of the Latino immigrant communities. She told me that some of them would actually get angry with her because they thought she wasn't making her children speak Spanish enough. So yes, some of them do practice self segregation. A lot of them do not trust the "white" people or the authorities.

...................I guess that's because they don't watch reality tv.

Me? I watch news and whatever can teach me something. That's why I like Discovery, the History Channel and whatever else can teach me something, even if it is just the news.

But then again, I actually like being informed about the world I live in. Most people don't.

You are in the most homogeneous relationship of all: you are madly in love with yourself.

I... They usually stick to their own race anyway. ...

That's ridiculous.

It is not ridiculous. ...

It is ridiculous. The quote you referenced was not about Latinos, but since you brought it up...

Asian and Latino people are the most likely to "outmarry" in the United States.

Your comments about Latino-Americans and the use of English are even more misleading.

So....are you one of those folks that think race should stick to race or is it ok (in your opinion) for mixing of the races?

Thought I'd ask cuz I was chatting with my friend and she said she gets more flack from blacks than she does whites when they are out to dinner or going to a movie (she is white..he is black). Personally, I think it's pretty sad that folks see skin color instead of two people who love each other. And....mixed babies are gorgeous!

This question pertains to black with white, asian with black or white, hispanic with black or white or asian and all vice versa.

Your opinions are...........?

Geneticists and biologists confirm there's only one race, homo sapiens. Differences in skin pigmentation don't equal different races or sub-species.

Interethnic marriage and procreation only makes the offspring stronger retaining positive genetic traits while submerging weaker ones. All monoethnic breeding results in weaker offspring as seen in Jews, blacks, and royal families where genetic conditions arrise from insufficient genetic variety.

You are a idiot. Everything is physical even thinking. Physical differences are not confined to people of different colors. You can have physical differences within a "racial" group. You can find people of the same physical type across the "races".

The more parsimonious explanation is that race overlaps with sex appeal.

Men find feminine women attractive. There exists a hierarchy of femininity with Asian women at the top and black women at the bottom. The reverse order for men. Black men are most masculine to women and Asian men the least.

This explanation works very well to explain the rank ordering of interracial couples. Asian women have the highest rate of marrying outside of race and black women the least. Black men the highest rate and Asian men the least.

Black women and Asian men are the ones most often left standing in the game of interracial dating Musical Chairs. They are also the two groups who most complain about people engaged in interracial dating. Black women don't like white women stealing black men and Asian men don't like white men stealing Asian women.

No links to back that up? Still....it does smack of being pretty much what I think too.

This chart illustrates the sex disparity with respect to out-marriage. Notice the Black and Asian out-marriage rates. Just as I noted and what you observed.

sdt-2012-rise-of-intermarriage-06.png

Here we get into more details. White women who marry black men tend to be not so well educated and of lower economic class. White women who marry Asian men tend to be better educated than their peers who marry white men. The White man and Asian woman education demographic is almost certainly skewed by the presence of foreign brides. I don't recall ever seeing any reference to American white women seeking Asian grooms from Asia.

sdt-2012-rise-of-intermarriage-15.png

sdt-2012-rise-of-intermarriage-14.png

sdt-2012-rise-of-intermarriage-18.png

Your focus on marriage is not a good indicator of anything other than marriage stats. Its too simplistic. People by far get involved in relationships long before getting married and increasingly so. All of the variables on interracial relationships are too numerous to list. I see the main factors as being under 2 headings. Instinct and societal influence.

With instinct you have the body responding to pheromones and other chemical stimulus. Simple urges we cant control.

Societal influence is a whole different ball game and in large part the problem with interracial relationships. What other people think about our choices.

So....are you one of those folks that think race should stick to race or is it ok (in your opinion) for mixing of the races?

Thought I'd ask cuz I was chatting with my friend and she said she gets more flack from blacks than she does whites when they are out to dinner or going to a movie (she is white..he is black). Personally, I think it's pretty sad that folks see skin color instead of two people who love each other. And....mixed babies are gorgeous!

This question pertains to black with white, asian with black or white, hispanic with black or white or asian and all vice versa.

Your opinions are...........?

i think its personal preference and race shouldn't even be a consideration. whether its who we date, are friends with, hire.

The FACT is that you don't know what you're talking about so you really should think twice about coming off as the expert. Richard Lewontin's finding has been debunked.

Is it really so hard for you leftists to MAKE SURE that the authoritative crap you vomit out of your mouth is actually, you know, true?

In popular articles that play down the genetical differences among human populations, it is often stated that about 85% of the total genetical variation is due to individual differences within populations and only 15% to differences between populations or ethnic groups. It has therefore been proposed that the division of Homo sapiens into these groups is not justified by the genetic data. This conclusion, due to R.C. Lewontin in 1972, is unwarranted because the argument ignores the fact that most of the information that distinguishes populations is hidden in the correlation structure of the data and not simply in the variation of the individual factors. The underlying logic, which was discussed in the early years of the last century, is here discussed using a simple genetical example. BioEssays 25:798–801, 2003. © 2003 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.​

Geneticists and biologists confirm there's only one race, homo sapiens. Differences in skin pigmentation don't equal different races or sub-species.

Interethnic marriage and procreation only makes the offspring stronger retaining positive genetic traits while submerging weaker ones. All monoethnic breeding results in weaker offspring as seen in Jews, blacks, and royal families where genetic conditions arrise from insufficient genetic variety.
While an element of truth attends your thesis the fact is it refers mainly to inbreeding at the incestuous level. While there are examples of successful racial inter-breeding there also are examples of broadly successful ethnic inbreeding. Some outstanding examples are the Scandinavian peoples and certain African tribes, such as the Zulu, Masai, Mandingo, et al.

What will become of a union between a Negro and a Caucasian will depend entirely on respective genetic lineage rather than on racial disparity.

Last edited:

If that's true, why would it matter?

However, I'd rather like you to explain what these differences are, just so we know.

Forum List

Back