Iowa grants gun permits to the blind

I guess some people don't believe that a sight impaired person should be able to defend themselves..

To be legally blind your eyesight has only to be at least 20 - 200.
That doesn't mean you can't see anything at all. Having said that I have known a blind woman who could throw a ball into a 12 inch circle at 25 feet and she was completely blind. I know people who can't shoot that well and I am sure that she could have learned to do the same thing with a gun.

If you are being attacked you fight - so does a blind person. If you had training and a gun you might shoot your attacker - why couldn't a blind person?
poke the gun into their belly and pull the trigger - you don't need eyes to do that! They have more ability than people who can see give them credit for. They have the same right to defend themselves as anyone else.

I knew a forward observer from the 101st Airborne who could call cannon fire by sound.

They shoot in the direction of where the sound is coming from. All they have to do is wait for the intruder to say "Gimme yo money, mu fucka", then shoot.

if you are 100% blind.... how can you see your attacker?

isn't that .... strange?

if you are 100% blind.... how can you see your attacker?

isn't that .... strange?

Does this mean it's illegal to shoot someone if they've disabled my power before invading my house?

no ..but a blind will never invade your home... I mean .... seriously..... have you ever heard of a blind breaking into a home? a blind?

People think strange......

It is not up to the government to prejudice the sight impaired on their ability to know when it is safe or appropriate to discharge a fire arm. Good law.

This is already a good thread and has a chance to be better.

I think blind people ought to be able to get gun permits.

First, you can count on them not to go out packin "lookin" for trouble.

Also, you can't accuse them of being bigots and racists when they blow away home invaders who turn out to be black.

Forum List

Back