Iowa: Man Sentenced to 16-Years in Prison for Stealing, Burning LGBT Flag

NEVADA, Iowa -- A man has been imprisoned for burning an LGBTQ flag that was flying at a church in central Iowa.

Adolfo Martinez, 30, of Ames, was sentenced Wednesday to 15 years for the hate crime of arson and given a year for reckless use of explosives or fire and 30 days for harassment. The sentences are to be served consecutively, Story County court records said.

A jury convicted Martinez in November. He'd been arrested in June.

He's said he tore down the flag that had been hanging from the United Church of Christ in Ames and burned it because he opposes homosexuality.

(Excerpt) Read more at abcnews.go.com ...

--------------

15 years of prison for burning an LGBTQ flag..... but I highly doubt anyone in Iowa has been charged or even sent to prison for 15 years for burning an American flag.....which our liberal court has determined it is now your 1st amendment right to do so......Yes folks, this country cannot last the way it was headed....We need a few more men like Trump to back him up in the White House until, at least 2050 to FIX what has gone wrong here since the mid 1960's....even some before that!
Burning a LBGT flag is a hate crime.
Burning the American flag is freedom of speech protected by the constitution.

"
What in the hell is going on in America?

People can burn an American Flag and it is Free Speech.

I don’t have to like it but I am OK with a person’s right to express themselves.

But what if it’s an LGBT flag?
NEVADA, Iowa, December 19, 2019 (LifeSiteNews) — A man who was arrested this summer for stealing and then lighting a church’s LGBT rainbow “pride” flag on fire has been sentenced to prison for 16 years.

Adolfo Martinez, 30, of Ames, Iowa was found guilty last month of having committed a “hate crime” – arson – plus reckless use of explosives or fire. "

https://www.dcclothesline.com/2019/12/20/iowa-man-sentenced-to-16-years-in-prison-for-stealing-burning-lgbt-flag/

Progressivism = Fascism.
Progs are authoritarian to their core.

fascism

"2: a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial controlearly instances of army fascism and brutality"

Definition of FASCISM

au·to·crat·ic
"taking no account of other people's wishes or opinions; domineering."

Why haven't you guys rushed to this man's defense yet?? He was arrested just a few months ago for burning a gay flag.......

Spread some of that outrage around...

harlem-gay-flags-burned.jpg

Suspect charged with setting fire to Harlem bar's pride flags

Might be and I wouldn't have countered a decent honest argument that said that.
If he had burned a US flag for some self claimed political reason he be facing zero blowback and he would be called a hero expressing himself by many.

He's a political prisoner of the LGBT movement and his sentence is unjustifiable.

Why haven't you guys rushed to this man's defense yet?? He was arrested just a few months ago for burning a gay flag.......

Spread some of that outrage around...

View attachment 295739

Not the same guy. The guy who did that is named Tyresse Singleton, and he was released from jail.

Arson_suspect_released_0_7513764_ver1.0.jpg

Protected class.

(Biff, that don't be you, do it ?)

If it was an Israeli flag the man would have been given a medal. The hypocrisy is insane.
Cool, find us an example of a guy getting a medal for burning an Israeli flag in the US?

Hyperbole but this was at the DNC

View attachment 295731

Did not hear about any arrests, did you?
What synagogue, house or person was that flag stolen from??

And why hasn't that owner filed charges??

Get back to me when you find out...

Or were those flags bought and paid for by the people burning it??

So you think it is OK to burn an Israeli flag outside the DNC? Really?

You're just dodging now.
I think if someone bought an Israeli flag, Mexican flag, Tanzanian flag and burned it outside of the DNC, RNC or YMCA --- aside from any applicable city ordinances about burning things -- they shouldn't go to jail....

Unless God forbids, someone burns a Confederate flag...then those people should be hanged for treason against "Real America"

If it was an Israeli flag the man would have been given a medal. The hypocrisy is insane.
Cool, find us an example of a guy getting a medal for burning an Israeli flag in the US?

Hyperbole but this was at the DNC

View attachment 295731

Did not hear about any arrests, did you?
What synagogue, house or person was that flag stolen from??

And why hasn't that owner filed charges??

Get back to me when you find out...

Or were those flags bought and paid for by the people burning it??

So you think it is OK to burn an Israeli flag outside the DNC? Really?

You're just dodging now.
I think if someone bought an Israeli flag, Mexican flag, Tanzanian flag and burned it outside of the DNC, RNC or YMCA --- aside from any applicable city ordinances about burning things -- they shouldn't go to jail....

Unless of course if it is a Confederate flag...then those people should be hanged for treason against "Real America"

Nope that is not what happened. The Israeli flag was burned. Confederate flags were banned from the convention. Even the flag of MS. But not this flag.

upload_2019-12-20_10-25-47.jpeg

No matter the flag, burning a $15 dollar piece of cloth even it is not yours does not warrant a 16 year prison sentence. You should be responsible for the replacement cost and that is it,​

How many times is this thread going to be posted? The guy was convicted of a hate crime. Get over it.

NEVADA, Iowa -- A man has been imprisoned for burning an LGBTQ flag that was flying at a church in central Iowa.

Adolfo Martinez, 30, of Ames, was sentenced Wednesday to 15 years for the hate crime of arson and given a year for reckless use of explosives or fire and 30 days for harassment. The sentences are to be served consecutively, Story County court records said.

He's said he tore down the flag that had been hanging from the United Church of Christ in Ames and burned it because he opposes homosexuality.

--------------

15 years of prison for burning an LGBTQ flag..... but I highly doubt anyone in Iowa has been charged or even sent to prison for 15 years for burning an American flag.....which our liberal court has determined it is now your 1st amendment right to do so......Yes folks, this country cannot last the way it was headed....We need a few more men like Trump to back him up in the White House until, at least 2050 to FIX what has gone wrong here since the mid 1960's....even some before that!

There is nothing wrong with putting a criminal in prison.

It's illegal to steal someone else's property then destroy it. They probably trespassed on private property to do it.

So the person is a thief and guilty of a hate crime.

I know you don't have those laws in russia where you live but here in the US it's illegal to do those things.

How is the weather in moscow today comrade?
that is no different than if that flag was the American flag....many have stolen the ones they burned too....many have trespassed on someones property to steal it.....and they are guilty of a hate crime too....they must hate the US....

Buffpatty, find us one getting 15 year jail sentences....you dumb bastard!
I found a guy shooting up a Jewish synagogue, I don't believe he has been given any medals yet.....have you gave him any??
View attachment 295728

Maybe you don't think shooting up a synagogue or church is as bad as burning an Israeli flag or something....

Oh hey look, it's Adolfo Martinez......
View attachment 295726

something tells me if it was an American flag he burned down, 15 years wouldn't be enough.....maybe deportation or something....

I get it, you hate gays.....but yet you definitely suck dic like one....quite the conundrum...
I don't hate gays, or a fag, cock sucker like you are...and who is that in your avatar?

I detest them being treated NOT JUST UNEQUAL BUT SUPERIOR to anyone else that breaks the law, OR pushes their perverted lifestyle on the American PUBLIC, who for the most part, are NOT like you!..... Your sexual proclivities should be yours and your perverted partners alone, and now are pushed on me and mine by almost ever new TV SHOW....BATWOMAN is an episode about lesbianism, instead of entertainment, but to.a pervert like you, that is a wonderful thing that wets your Vjayjay....censure let's me say fuck you, but a womans sexual organ is taboo....you raving slut!

Being given equal treatment is not the same as being treated as superior to others. I don't know what laws have been broken.

What would be an example of "pushing" a lifestyle on the public? I don't watch much TV, never have, but most of the shows I've seen have featured heterosexuals in various dramatic or comedic situations, like Criminal Minds, Crossing Jordan, Hill Street Blues, all of which I liked. Very little has portrayed LGBT folks. There are even shows that feature raging heterosexuals, like Jersey Shore, which I've seen a few seconds of because I channel surf. You always have control of what you see on TV, as you have your remote control in your hand.

You lose sight of the fact that this guy stole the property of this religious congregation and destroyed it because of his particular ideology. If he had destroyed his own property, there would be no issue. And it's not just the fact that he stole from a religious congregation, it's the fact that he stole and destroyed. Period.

How many times is this thread going to be posted? The guy was convicted of a hate crime. Get over it.
Isn't burning an American flag a hate crime?

WTF is wrong with you people?

No.
So burning a fag flag is a hate crime but burning an American flag is not?

No. He would have been perfectly within his rights if that fag flag was his to burn. You should read up on the case before you go whining about it, unless you like looking like an idiot.

--------------

The concept of hate crime is in and of itself unconstitutional and therefore illegal IMHO. It's a concept that should trouble everyone as it's dangerous to our ideals of personal freedom and liberty.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

Forum List

Back