Iowa: Man Sentenced to 16-Years in Prison for Stealing, Burning LGBT Flag

NEVADA, Iowa -- A man has been imprisoned for burning an LGBTQ flag that was flying at a church in central Iowa.

Adolfo Martinez, 30, of Ames, was sentenced Wednesday to 15 years for the hate crime of arson and given a year for reckless use of explosives or fire and 30 days for harassment. The sentences are to be served consecutively, Story County court records said.

A jury convicted Martinez in November. He'd been arrested in June.

He's said he tore down the flag that had been hanging from the United Church of Christ in Ames and burned it because he opposes homosexuality.

(Excerpt) Read more at abcnews.go.com ...

--------------

15 years of prison for burning an LGBTQ flag..... but I highly doubt anyone in Iowa has been charged or even sent to prison for 15 years for burning an American flag.....which our liberal court has determined it is now your 1st amendment right to do so......Yes folks, this country cannot last the way it was headed....We need a few more men like Trump to back him up in the White House until, at least 2050 to FIX what has gone wrong here since the mid 1960's....even some before that!
Theft and arson. Yes. Are you now coming out in support of theft and arson, Purge?

If it was an Israeli flag the man would have been given a medal. The hypocrisy is insane.
Cool, find us an example of a guy getting a medal for burning an Israeli flag in the US?

Hyperbole but this was at the DNC

View attachment 295731

Did not hear about any arrests, did you?
What synagogue, house or person was that flag stolen from??

And why hasn't that owner filed charges??

Get back to me when you find out...

Or were those flags bought and paid for by the people burning it??

So you think it is OK to burn an Israeli flag outside the DNC? Really?

You're just dodging now.
I think if someone bought an Israeli flag, Mexican flag, Tanzanian flag and burned it outside of the DNC, RNC or YMCA --- aside from any applicable city ordinances about burning things -- they shouldn't go to jail....

Unless God forbids, someone burns a Confederate flag...then those people should be hanged for treason against "Real America"

Real Americans don't have slaves. Unless you count those pimps down on MLK Blvd.

NEVADA, Iowa -- A man has been imprisoned for burning an LGBTQ flag that was flying at a church in central Iowa.

Adolfo Martinez, 30, of Ames, was sentenced Wednesday to 15 years for the hate crime of arson and given a year for reckless use of explosives or fire and 30 days for harassment. The sentences are to be served consecutively, Story County court records said.

He's said he tore down the flag that had been hanging from the United Church of Christ in Ames and burned it because he opposes homosexuality.

--------------

15 years of prison for burning an LGBTQ flag..... but I highly doubt anyone in Iowa has been charged or even sent to prison for 15 years for burning an American flag.....which our liberal court has determined it is now your 1st amendment right to do so......Yes folks, this country cannot last the way it was headed....We need a few more men like Trump to back him up in the White House until, at least 2050 to FIX what has gone wrong here since the mid 1960's....even some before that!
Theft and arson. Yes. Are you now coming out in support of theft and arson, Purge?

So how much was the flag worth? $20 $50?

That would have been misdemeanor theft. Hell, black shoplifters walk out of department stores with hundreds of dollars worth clothing stuffed in their bags then when they riot, burn down whole city blocks.

"
What in the hell is going on in America?

People can burn an American Flag and it is Free Speech.

I don’t have to like it but I am OK with a person’s right to express themselves.

But what if it’s an LGBT flag?
NEVADA, Iowa, December 19, 2019 (LifeSiteNews) — A man who was arrested this summer for stealing and then lighting a church’s LGBT rainbow “pride” flag on fire has been sentenced to prison for 16 years.

Adolfo Martinez, 30, of Ames, Iowa was found guilty last month of having committed a “hate crime” – arson – plus reckless use of explosives or fire. "

https://www.dcclothesline.com/2019/12/20/iowa-man-sentenced-to-16-years-in-prison-for-stealing-burning-lgbt-flag/

Progressivism = Fascism.
Progs are authoritarian to their core.

fascism

"2: a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial controlearly instances of army fascism and brutality"

Definition of FASCISM

au·to·crat·ic
"taking no account of other people's wishes or opinions; domineering."
Why can’t you just give an honest account of the situation? What does lying about it do for you?! Unbelievable

Cool, find us an example of a guy getting a medal for burning an Israeli flag in the US?

View attachment 295731

You're just dodging now.
I think if someone bought an Israeli flag, Mexican flag, Tanzanian flag and burned it outside of the DNC, RNC or YMCA --- aside from any applicable city ordinances about burning things -- they shouldn't go to jail....

Unless of course if it is a Confederate flag...then those people should be hanged for treason against "Real America"

Nope that is not what happened. The Israeli flag was burned. Confederate flags were banned from the convention. Even the flag of MS. But not this flag.

View attachment 295746
Good thing Confederate flags aren't banned from Trump rallies....
17confederate1-facebookJumbo.jpg

So again.....did the people burning the Israeli flag buy that flag or did they take someone else's property and destroy it??

No one is stopping you from burning Nike shoes because of how protesting police shootings triggers you, you can burn Mexican flags ..you can purchase and destroy whatever other items that you feel represents minorities you hate -- have at it...burn them....

It still isn't illegal.......but it isn't enough for racists, xenophobes and homophobes...they need to burn other people's property, or burn things on people's property to get the full buzz hate gives them....

View attachment 295731

You're just dodging now.

Unless of course if it is a Confederate flag...then those people should be hanged for treason against "Real America"

Nope that is not what happened. The Israeli flag was burned. Confederate flags were banned from the convention. Even the flag of MS. But not this flag.

View attachment 295746
View attachment 295758

So again.....did the people burning the Israeli flag buy that flag or did they take someone else's property and destroy it??

No one is stopping you from burning Nike shoes because of how protesting police shootings triggers you, you can burn Mexican flags ..you can purchase and destroy whatever other items that you feel represents minorities you hate -- have at it...burn them....

It still isn't illegal.......but it isn't enough for racists, xenophobes and homophobes...they need to burn other people's property, or burn things on people's property to get the full buzz hate gives them....

Rallies is one thing. DNC is another. You're mixing apples and oranges.

You're just dodging now.

View attachment 295746
View attachment 295758

So the DNC banned Confederate flags at their convention??

And this triggered you why??

Remember when this post was about a guy burning someone else's property and you totally abandoned defending it and starting talking about oranges??

Trumpers are pathetic....

--------------

There is nothing wrong with putting a criminal in prison.

It's illegal to steal someone else's property then destroy it. They probably trespassed on private property to do it.

So the person is a thief and guilty of a hate crime.

I know you don't have those laws in russia where you live but here in the US it's illegal to do those things.

How is the weather in moscow today comrade?
Well, AntiAmerican hater. How is the weather in north Korea....you celebrating the season by having a ROAST DOG or Cat....AND as stated MURDER GETS YOU A LESS OF A SENTENCE...BUT I would expect a cock suckervand assholevstuffer, likevyou, to NOT KNOW THE CURRENT SITUATION....oh, BTW, shit for brains here is a RECENT ONE that got a 10 year sentence for murder. And eligible for parole in FIVE YESRS!!!....You scumbag. Anti' Americans know absolutely NOTHING....BUT HE BURNWD My queer flag and only got 15vyesrs!!

Amber Guyger gets 10-year murder sentence for fatally shooting Botham Jean - CNN
You are overwrought, CRC.

You're just dodging now.

View attachment 295746
View attachment 295758

Remember when this post was about a guy burning someone else's property and you totally abandoned defending and starting talking about oranges??

Not what I said. I said they banned the flag of MS but allowed the Palestinian flag. Learn to read, you Jew hating asshole. You're pathetic and a coward.

--------------

It's illegal to steal someone else's property then destroy it. They probably trespassed on private property to do it.

I know you don't have those laws in russia where you live but here in the US it's illegal to do those things.

Well, AntiAmerican hater. How is the weather in north Korea....you celebrating the season by having a ROAST DOG or Cat....AND as stated MURDER GETS YOU A LESS OF A SENTENCE...BUT I would expect a cock suckervand assholevstuffer, likevyou, to NOT KNOW THE CURRENT SITUATION....oh, BTW, shit for brains here is a RECENT ONE that got a 10 year sentence for murder. And eligible for parole in FIVE YESRS!!!....You scumbag. Anti' Americans know absolutely NOTHING....BUT HE BURNWD My queer flag and only got 15vyesrs!!

Amber Guyger gets 10-year murder sentence for fatally shooting Botham Jean - CNN
You are overwrought, CRC.

You're a racist leftist. Whoopti Doo. We all have our vices.

How many times is this thread going to be posted? The guy was convicted of a hate crime. Get over it.
Isn't burning an American flag a hate crime?

WTF is wrong with you people?

No.
So burning a fag flag is a hate crime but burning an American flag is not?

No. He would have been perfectly within his rights if that fag flag was his to burn. You should read up on the case before you go whining about it, unless you like looking like an idiot.
I thought you said it was a hate crime, unless you can get a long sentence for stealing something that costs about $50.

I get that you're a fag, but that is pretty extreme.

th

The Confederate statues and other memorials demolished across the country weren't property that belonged to progressives (ANTIFA) to destroy.

Should we give those ANTIFA members all fifteen years in prison too?

*****SMILE*****

:)

They were "demolished"? Says who? And if you were honest :)auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:), you would admit those statues were taken down legally, voted to be removed...NOT demolished....by the very city, county, or state governments that own them. But I suppose HONESTY is not something to really expect from CRCs.

View attachment 295746
View attachment 295758

Remember when this post was about a guy burning someone else's property and you totally abandoned defending and starting talking about oranges??

Not what I said. I said they banned the flag of MS but allowed the Palestinian flag. Learn to read, you Jew hating asshole. You're pathetic and a coward.
So they banned the flag of Multiple Sclerosis?? what do you mean they banned the flag of MS??

You can also burn the Palestinian flag if that makes you feel better.....

Last edited:
Still 15 years seems a little excessive for a non-violent crime.
Well, if he had burned a USA flag, the libtards would have given him a medal.
And yet, that's not what happened. Give us an example of someone stealing an American flag by trespassing on church property and burning it there and THEN getting a medal.....then we can talk about unfairness.

How many times is this thread going to be posted? The guy was convicted of a hate crime. Get over it.

No.

No. He would have been perfectly within his rights if that fag flag was his to burn. You should read up on the case before you go whining about it, unless you like looking like an idiot.
I thought you said it was a hate crime, unless you can get a long sentence for stealing something that costs about $50.

Are you hitting on me again?

No.

Are you hitting on me again?
If you looked like your avatar, I might.

It's a 'straight' thing. You wouldn't understand,

If it was an Israeli flag the man would have been given a medal. The hypocrisy is insane.
Again, give us an example of someone trespassing on church property, stealing their Israeli flag, burning it and THEN being given a medal and THEN we can talk about unfairness.

--------------

Okay their have been incidents of lefties physically removing TRUMP hats from peoples heads and going on to burn the TRUMP hat. Do you think any of those criminals who engaged in stealing someone else's property involving physical violence received a 15 year or anything close to 15 years in prison?
And were they given medals?

Forum List

Back