Iq tests mean nothing.

malikc6

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2013
There is probably a topic like this but Ill make another one anyway.

I have seen posts on here and on other sites about Iq tests and how non whites and non Asians don't do very well. Apparently blacks average 80 to 85. On stormfront, they use this fact to make it seem like Africans and African Americans are dumb and cannot manage through white societies.

This man even stated that there are intelligent differences in races. This is sad coming from a so called expert on this topic.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MlQBWdGjH4U]Race Differences in Intelligence - YouTube[/ame]
If you watch the whole video, he mentions that Europeans that larger brains than Africans and that is what makes them smarter. I am no scientist, but I am pretty sure if brain size was the case, elephants and whales would dominate the earth. Saying that brain size matters pretty much destroyed this mans credibility.

Iq tests do not measure intelligence because there are different types of intelligence.

There is spatial intelligence which is the ability to visualize with the minds eye or visualizing in general.
There is linguistic intelligence which is the ability to read and write extremely well as well as memorizing different languages and very good at story telling. Actors are a good example.

There is Kinesthetic intelligence. The ability to ones bodily motions and the capacity to to handle objects without too much effort. This can be seen when going to the circus and seeing what people can do like massive juggling, able to walk over a rope with ease, and having great balance. Waiters in restaurants have to develop this type of intelligence to make sure they don't drop anything.

There is also auditory intelligence. The ability to compose music, sing with good pitches, and doesn't take them generally very long to master a instrument.

There is also interpersonal intelligence. The ability to interact with others and cooperating as a group.

There is also intrapersonal intelligence which is the ability to be more aware of the self and know their own strengths and weaknesses.

The one I'm about to mention doesn't really have a name so Ill just give it one. Speed intelligence. How fast a person can understand or comprehend something. This however can range depending on what the person is learning.

If IQ tests determine intelligence, I guess non whites are bad at just about everything I listed. Usually IQ tests are math and reading questions. I haven't seen too many of the intelligences Ive posted be tested. A white person who is great in math may get a horrible IQ score on a auditory IQ test.

What I really hate the most is, is that people seem to forget that intelligence can be increased over time and through practice. For example, I have Autism. Originally when I was very young, I couldn't interact with others very well. I was an outcast because of how I interacted with people. Over time and through persistence, I beat it. I am now in high school as a Junior 17 years of age, and have no problem cooperating with people or making friends. I could start a conversation with no effort just as easily as the so called "Normal person" can. I have a bit of Spatial intelligence, but mostly in chess. I can visualize several moves ahead and this is something that all chess players HAVE to develop. If they can't, you will never be a grandmaster.

I am not very bright when it comes to math (always get D's in Algebra and often spend a long time on just one problem) ,but I do excel in reading comprehension and reading in general.

People also seem to do better on stuff they enjoy rather than something they don't. In computer class, everyone is supposed to follow along with the teacher and almost all the time, I fall behind. I simply cannot catch up with everyone else. Almost everyday I need help how to get back up or when I cannot understand a simple direction, yet when at the chess club or playing or practicing chess in general, I could memorize entire games and get into perfect detail about what happened in the game and the mistakes and etc. When you like something, almost naturally your performance is going to be well.

People who rely on IQ tests seem to think that once you get your score, your stuck with that intelligence for life. My dad started off with a 90. His IQ now is 135! How? Because he increased his intelligence through practice. We are not animals with limited intelligence. Humans have the capacity to learn and comprehend regardless what race you are.

Regardless what race starts off more intelligent than the other, anyone can increase and there aren't too many people on this planet who have very high skills in all of the intelligences I have shown. The only way a person can do this is through practice which could take years for some people. No race can have all of that naturally with not much practice and skill.

Before ending this topic, Ill use some examples.
Artists taking IQ tests that is primarily math.
A man with "Street smarts" taking an IQ test about auditory.
An algebra teacher trying to balance on a rope or juggling.

At first, they likely won't do very well but if they keep trying and learning, their intelligence will increase and their capabilities will expand. The main point is, IQ doesn't determine intelligence or even estimate it for that matter. Have any of you guys been to Sana Monica and played chess with some of the street bums? They seem dumb as rocks until they tell you a good descriptive story or play chess with them.

What saddens me, is that these tests can lower someones self esteem and make them feel like they are actually dumb and have little capability. It can also give a person false hope that they are actually a genius in a certain type of intelligence, and then find out later they just got lucky on the IQ test. Multiple choice or even just by guessing.

Once again, there are different intelligences. I may suck at algebra and processing complicated information in certain classes, but I can easily tell you all a great story or tell you all chess games without even having to look in a book or search the web. Preferably games done by Paul Morphy and Bobby Fischer. I'm also good with philosophy and understanding humans.

Do you still think IQ tests matter? And if so, why?

Last edited:
IQ tests do matter simply because they are an indicator of intelligence. That, coupled with the very tangible differences in the success of certain demographics when given the opportunity to improve their own conditions through the attainment of knowledge and the use of skills learned is irrefutable testament to an extremely important variable between humans as individuals and as groupings.

All the rationalization and political correctness in the world is not going to change that. Human nature is what it is, not what we would like it to be.

Ignoring something that profound and essential serves no one well, least of all those who are most negatively effected by the disparities in intelligence. The refusal to acknowledge a problem is not a solution.

They don't indicate intelligences at all. Did you bother reading about multiple intelligences?

They don't indicate intelligences at all. Did you bother reading about multiple intelligences?
I scanned it, but convoluted theories about "multiple intelligences" (sic) is not going to improve anyone's lot in life. If it makes some feel better and more empowered, I cannot see myself objecting to it. However, th fact is that fanciful abstractions will not help those all too obviously are negatively effected. I am quite sure that it is not an objective or valid argument, nor much beyond self-serving.

Gardner's theory of multiple intelligences has seen it's fair share of critics and for good reason

Academic achievement and doing well in school is the best predictor of future socio-economic success.

Kinesthetic ability will not help in these areas. IQ is a great predictor of academic achievement.

IQ
motivation
academic achievement
socio-economic success

Of course there is no guarantee one way or another. But yes, IQ does matter.

There is probably a topic like this but Ill make another one anyway.

I have seen posts on here and on other sites about Iq tests and how non whites and non Asians don't do very well. Apparently blacks average 80 to 85. On stormfront, they use this fact to make it seem like Africans and African Americans are dumb and cannot manage through white societies.

This man even stated that there are intelligent differences in races. This is sad coming from a so called expert on this topic.
Race Differences in Intelligence - YouTube
If you watch the whole video, he mentions that Europeans that larger brains than Africans and that is what makes them smarter. I am no scientist, but I am pretty sure if brain size was the case, elephants and whales would dominate the earth. Saying that brain size matters pretty much destroyed this mans credibility.

Iq tests do not measure intelligence because there are different types of intelligence.

There is spatial intelligence which is the ability to visualize with the minds eye or visualizing in general.
There is linguistic intelligence which is the ability to read and write extremely well as well as memorizing different languages and very good at story telling. Actors are a good example.

There is Kinesthetic intelligence. The ability to ones bodily motions and the capacity to to handle objects without too much effort. This can be seen when going to the circus and seeing what people can do like massive juggling, able to walk over a rope with ease, and having great balance. Waiters in restaurants have to develop this type of intelligence to make sure they don't drop anything.

There is also auditory intelligence. The ability to compose music, sing with good pitches, and doesn't take them generally very long to master a instrument.

There is also interpersonal intelligence. The ability to interact with others and cooperating as a group.

There is also intrapersonal intelligence which is the ability to be more aware of the self and know their own strengths and weaknesses.

The one I'm about to mention doesn't really have a name so Ill just give it one. Speed intelligence. How fast a person can understand or comprehend something. This however can range depending on what the person is learning.

If IQ tests determine intelligence, I guess non whites are bad at just about everything I listed. Usually IQ tests are math and reading questions. I haven't seen too many of the intelligences Ive posted be tested. A white person who is great in math may get a horrible IQ score on a auditory IQ test.

What I really hate the most is, is that people seem to forget that intelligence can be increased over time and through practice. For example, I have Autism. Originally when I was very young, I couldn't interact with others very well. I was an outcast because of how I interacted with people. Over time and through persistence, I beat it. I am now in high school as a Junior 17 years of age, and have no problem cooperating with people or making friends. I could start a conversation with no effort just as easily as the so called "Normal person" can. I have a bit of Spatial intelligence, but mostly in chess. I can visualize several moves ahead and this is something that all chess players HAVE to develop. If they can't, you will never be a grandmaster.

I am not very bright when it comes to math (always get D's in Algebra and often spend a long time on just one problem) ,but I do excel in reading comprehension and reading in general.

People also seem to do better on stuff they enjoy rather than something they don't. In computer class, everyone is supposed to follow along with the teacher and almost all the time, I fall behind. I simply cannot catch up with everyone else. Almost everyday I need help how to get back up or when I cannot understand a simple direction, yet when at the chess club or playing or practicing chess in general, I could memorize entire games and get into perfect detail about what happened in the game and the mistakes and etc. When you like something, almost naturally your performance is going to be well.

People who rely on IQ tests seem to think that once you get your score, your stuck with that intelligence for life. My dad started off with a 90. His IQ now is 135! How? Because he increased his intelligence through practice. We are not animals with limited intelligence. Humans have the capacity to learn and comprehend regardless what race you are.

Regardless what race starts off more intelligent than the other, anyone can increase and there aren't too many people on this planet who have very high skills in all of the intelligences I have shown. The only way a person can do this is through practice which could take years for some people. No race can have all of that naturally with not much practice and skill.

Before ending this topic, Ill use some examples.
Artists taking IQ tests that is primarily math.
A man with "Street smarts" taking an IQ test about auditory.
An algebra teacher trying to balance on a rope or juggling.

At first, they likely won't do very well but if they keep trying and learning, their intelligence will increase and their capabilities will expand. The main point is, IQ doesn't determine intelligence or even estimate it for that matter. Have any of you guys been to Sana Monica and played chess with some of the street bums? They seem dumb as rocks until they tell you a good descriptive story or play chess with them.

What saddens me, is that these tests can lower someones self esteem and make them feel like they are actually dumb and have little capability. It can also give a person false hope that they are actually a genius in a certain type of intelligence, and then find out later they just got lucky on the IQ test. Multiple choice or even just by guessing.

Once again, there are different intelligences. I may suck at algebra and processing complicated information in certain classes, but I can easily tell you all a great story or tell you all chess games without even having to look in a book or search the web. Preferably games done by Paul Morphy and Bobby Fischer. I'm also good with philosophy and understanding humans.

Do you still think IQ tests matter? And if so, why?

IQ tests are the BEST possible indicator of how well one can do on an IQ test.

They can be useful indicators for how well one might do in an academic environment where reading and math skills are highly useful.

There are at least 7 kinds of human intelligence. (I suspect there's hundreds).

That is WHY IQ test outcomes and success in life are NOT highly correlated.

One can be smart as a whip but if ones interpersonal intelligence is low one is unlikely to do very well in life as but one example of why smart don't mean all that much.

Now why is that?

Because humans are SOCIAL creatures and our success typically depends on the goodwill of others and our ability to work and get along with others.

I mean do we not all know at least a few people who are basically dumber than posts but whose charm (interpersonael intelligence) is so vast that we cannot help but like them and want to help them do well?

Matthew your comment is stupid. Now your not even making a counter arguement. You just called me and my people clueless heartless people. No wonder your hated throughout forum. I also get a laugh now and then how you arrogantly claim that the white man built civilization when actually it was egyptians which descended from Ethiopia. Yes iq tests mean nothing to me. They don't tell your intelligence overall.

How are you going to tell me I have no morals? I mean you don't even know me...

Matthew your comment is stupid. Now your not even making a counter arguement. You just called me and my people clueless heartless people. No wonder your hated throughout forum. I also get a laugh now and then how you arrogantly claim that the white man built civilization when actually it was egyptians which descended from Ethiopia. Yes iq tests mean nothing to me. They don't tell your intelligence overall.

Egyptians descended from Ethiopia?

:link:

IQ measures certain things.

it does not capture the full range of human intelligence.

pretending it does shows that those who believe it is the only measure needed are not very bright

Egyptians descended from Ethiopia?

:link:
It is even more bizarre when you consider that Ethiopians, especially in the days of yore, were not descended from Africans at all, but from the peoples of the Arabian peninsula in the first place.

human kind all started out as africans.

Your human history involves being once African.

tell me can you make a child less intelligent than they would have been through deprivation?

the cheapest way to slove any of our problems of talent later is to make sure all children get what they need to be the best them they can be.

you on the right think you save the dime and allow the kids to be damaged for life

Forum List

Back