Iran Is More Progressive Than The GOP On Birth Control

This answers a lot of questions. Such as why liberals support terrorists and want to help the spread of fundamentalist islam. They are on the same side. They believe the same things. Liberals do not see fundamentalist islam as oppressive, but liberating and they really do want it here.

Two gay teens in Iran. Show me we do the same.
Link to graphic image:
http://arthuride.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/iranteensdead1py21.jpg

Actually, we don't do it the same. Here in America, most of those who are against gays bully and ridicule them until they feel life is no longer worth it and they kill themselves.

The people in Iran kill the gays themselves. Here in America we bully and ridicule them until they do it themselves.

The difference? Iran takes responsibility. America doesn't.

Killing someone for their sexuality outright is taking responsibility (even though it's wrong), but here in America we freeze them out, forcing them to take their own lives, so that we can claim no responsibility (even though it was the society that coerced them to kill themselves).

Oh brother... early onset dementia?

:lol:

How do you feel about Iran and gay rights? More progressive than the GOP?
How fucked up are you tonight that you are trying to tell me Iran is more progressive than the GOP?

Just when it comes to birth control. You know, like I stated in the OP.

What the fuck are you on Syn?
An all-time high!

Sing it, Rita!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-_-pX7bIO0"]All Time High (Theme from "Octopussy") - Rita Coolidge - YouTube[/ame]

They kill kids Syn. Why are you doing this?

To compare GOP to barbarians who kill children?'

You are fucked up in the brain man.
What does this have to do with Birth Control? (nothing!)

First we were supposed to strive to be more Europe

Now that Obama has us even further entrenched with AQ we must strive to be more like Iran
:thup:

What's next?
Hanging on every word of Dennis Rodman and saber-rattling at the world? (see:NK)

Now that Obama has us even further entrenched with AQ we must strive to be more like Iran

What's next?
Hanging on every word of Dennis Rodman and saber-rattling at the world? (see:NK)

When it comes to the availability of birth control, yes!

Which is what the OP is all about. In case you forgot.

Iran Is More Progressive Than The GOP On Birth Control

Obamacare’s contraception coverage mandate is clearly out-of-step with the American public, 61 percent of whom believe that even religious employers should be required to cover contraception for their workers. And in fact, it turns out the right-wing opposition to robust family planning benefits would be too extreme even in the socially-conservative Islamic Republic of Iran.

Andrew Sullivan flagged an interview with author Alan Weisman, who described Iran as having one of the world’s best family-planning systems.

The reason for its success? Widespread support for free contraception and family-planning services for all Iranians who want them, including from the current Supreme Leader and spiritual head Ayatollah Ali Khamenei:

[T]he present ayatollah, Khamenei, issued a fatwa saying there was nothing in the Qur’an against having an operation if you felt that you had enough children that you could take care of. Everything from condoms through pills, injections, tubal ligations, vasectomies, IUDs— everything was free, and everything was available in the farthest reaches of the country.

Weisman goes on to describe an Iranian OB/GYN who traveled across Iran’s small villages to provide birth control, perform vasectomies and tubal ligations, and give out condoms — all for free — to any Iranian who wanted her services. That’s a far cry from many American conservatives’ take on family planning.

Obamacare’s birth control benefit has helped 27 million American women afford STI screenings, domestic violence screenings, and birth control in the year since it went into effect. Nonetheless, Republican attorneys general in six states have vowed to keep fighting against this provision of the health reform law. And for-profit employers such as the Oklahoma-based arts and crafts chain Hobby Lobby have also resisted it, claiming a religious objection to covering contraception. A federal judge recently ruled that Hobby Lobby would not have to adhere to the requirement, setting up a potential showdown with the Obama administration.

You are bragging because Obama is a religious dictator?

What's next?

What's so difficult about obtaining BC?

When me and my first wife were just dating, broke and poor teenagers, we used to get bags full of condoms and BC pills from the local health dept by just asking for them

Being against "free" contraceptives is being against contraceptives, got it

Last edited:

What's next?

Your op wasn't about "availability" of birth control, it was about government creating yet another welfare program.

What's next?

When me and my first wife were just dating, broke and poor teenagers, we used to get bags full of condoms and BC pills from the local health dept by just asking for them
That was before the Reign Of The Teabaggers.

OMG, now you have to buy your own condoms. Poor baby.

What's next?

Your op wasn't about "availability" of birth control, it was about government creating yet another welfare program.

Except, it was:

and everything was available in the farthest reaches of the country.

Actually, we don't do it the same. Here in America, most of those who are against gays bully and ridicule them until they feel life is no longer worth it and they kill themselves.

The people in Iran kill the gays themselves. Here in America we bully and ridicule them until they do it themselves.

The difference? Iran takes responsibility. America doesn't.

Killing someone for their sexuality outright is taking responsibility (even though it's wrong), but here in America we freeze them out, forcing them to take their own lives, so that we can claim no responsibility (even though it was the society that coerced them to kill themselves).

Justifying killing gays in iran to slam america....really priceless.

To slam the Republicans, not America. Come on. Don't they wish the gays were dead? They blame 9/11 and hurricanes on the gays. Is the step much further to wish the bringers of such destruction to die?

A true Christian knows the Word. And the Word tells us to hate the sin, but love the sinner.

And for anyone with a lick of intelligence who has read both the Old and the New cover to cover knows this is the Word.

And I've read it many times.

It was Valdosta. My dad was still driving a chev impala on our first trip to Florida. We pulled into this giant truck stop that had all sorts of gag gifts.

My dad came out giggling with a present for me. It was a round disc.

Instructions for birth control.

Place between knees.

It was Valdosta. My dad was still driving a chev impala on our first trip to Florida. We pulled into this giant truck stop that had all sorts of gag gifts.

My dad came out giggling with a present for me. It was a round disc.

Instructions for birth control.

Place between knees.

Santorum Sugar Daddy Foster Friess Gives ‘Gals’ Contraception Advice: Put An Aspirin Between Your Knees

I found one!

ku-medium.jpg

Forum List

Back