Iraq does not welcome US ground troops in fight against Daesh - huge blow to RW myth makers

NotfooledbyW

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2014
The righties cannot explain this:, it destroys the myth that Obama could have negotiated keeping combat troops in Iraq with immunity to engage in a combat role since the start of 2012. That myth has been nothing but pure nonsense since it was first brought up.

“The message that Iraq has submitted to the (United Nations) Security Council never included a request for ground forces to enter Iraqi territory to conduct such operations,” Ibrahim al-Jafaari told a press conference after meetings with Australian Foreign Minister Julie Bishop on Thursday.

The minister further said that Iraqi armed forces were making gains against the extremist militants on their own and were not in need of more troops.

“We have established a set of guidelines” for the US-led coalition, including air support for Iraqi forces as well as providing training and intelligence, Jaafari said, emphasizing that “no country has regular armies or ground troops present in Iraq except for providing training and counseling.”

Iraqi foreign minister condemns deployment of additional US troops Al Bawaba

The Iraqis don't want US troops beyond an advisers role even now. They want to fight the ground war on their own and they should be applauded for that.

Why do right wingers want to see Americans dying and getting wounded in Iraq again? Do they long for the Bush days that much?

Can anyone explain why they want Americans dying in Iraq again?

Not what i've heard. U.S. ground troops are increasing weekly. The Iraqi Government is actually requesting more. But should we be getting more involved in Iraq again? Well, that's a good question. My answer is no. It's time to dramatically scale back our presence in the Middle East. We've done enough damage over there.

ISIS and Al Qaeda are now thriving in the Middle East. And that's all due to the U.S. invasion. We screwed the pooch bigtime. Let's cut our losses and come home.

The righties cannot explain this:, it destroys the myth that Obama could have negotiated keeping combat troops in Iraq with immunity to engage in a combat role since the start of 2012. That myth has been nothing but pure nonsense since it was first brought up.

“The message that Iraq has submitted to the (United Nations) Security Council never included a request for ground forces to enter Iraqi territory to conduct such operations,” Ibrahim al-Jafaari told a press conference after meetings with Australian Foreign Minister Julie Bishop on Thursday.

The minister further said that Iraqi armed forces were making gains against the extremist militants on their own and were not in need of more troops.

“We have established a set of guidelines” for the US-led coalition, including air support for Iraqi forces as well as providing training and intelligence, Jaafari said, emphasizing that “no country has regular armies or ground troops present in Iraq except for providing training and counseling.”

The Iraqis don't want US troops beyond an advisers role even now. They want to fight the ground war on their own and they should be applauded for that.

Why do right wingers want to see Americans dying and getting wounded in Iraq again? Do they long for the Bush days that much?

Can the far left just accept that Obama is a failure?

Why do right wingers want to see Americans dying and getting wounded in Iraq again?
Do they long for the Bush days that much?

Because they ONLY get sexually aroused at the sight of spilt blood.

Secondly, our foreign policy originates in TelAviv.

I feel i must remind Obamabots that their Dear Leader is currently increasing troop numbers in Iraq and will be possibly getting us into War in Syria. That's the reality.

Pauli 10778838
I feel i must remind Obamabots that their Dear Leader is currently increasing troop numbers in Iraq and will be possibly getting us into War in Syria. That's the reality.

One who is unable to discern the difference between combat trained troops serving in a non-combat role versus a combat role have no credibility offering the readers of this thread a definition of reality.

Get tome genuine reality in your life.

Kosh 10778576
Can the far left just accept that Obama is a failure?

You would have to point outta specific failure and then be able to stick around afterward to defend what misguided opinions you've come up with that can easily be crumbled into brainless dust.

BH 10778503
What gains was he referring to?

You have not heard of any Iraqi Peshmerga Shiite Militia gains? Stick around I'll put together a news summary for you and others that do not have access to news other than pro-DAIISH terrorist scum news.

BH 10778503
What gains was he referring to?

You have not heard of any Iraqi Peshmerga Shiite Militia gains? Stick around I'll put together a news summary for you and others that do not have access to news other than pro-DAIISH terrorist scum news.
I watch at different times ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN FOX, and sometimes even MSNBC and have seen no reports of major Iraqi forces gains against ISIS. I have seen reports of minor victories though.

Pauli 10778838

One who is unable to discern the difference between combat trained troops serving in a non-combat role versus a combat role have no credibility offering the readers of this thread a definition of reality.

Just like the 'Combat Trained' Pilots dropping those bombs on empty tents and camels aren't really in harm's way, right?

I mean, what are they dropping, flour sacks? Might as well be for all the good they're doing.

Take it from me, one who actually did work with Foreign Troops and actually did 'Train, Advise and Assist' indigenous forces in counterinsurgency operations.....

Those guys, those Americans qualify as 'boots on the ground'

I suggest you stick to your field of expertise -- Like the best FDS for the money or how to obtain the most welfare with the least amount of work.

Leave the adult stuff to the adults.

No go back to watching pMSNBC and drooling over your Messiah's words

Pauli 10778838

Just like the 'Combat Trained' Pilots dropping those bombs on empty tents and camels aren't really in harm's way, right?

I mean, what are they dropping, flour sacks? Might as well be for all the good they're doing.

Take it from me, one who actually did work with Foreign Troops and actually did 'Train, Advise and Assist' indigenous forces in counterinsurgency operations.....

Those guys, those Americans qualify as 'boots on the ground'

I suggest you stick to your field of expertise -- Like the best FDS for the money or how to obtain the most welfare with the least amount of work.

Leave the adult stuff to the adults.

No go back to watching pMSNBC and drooling over your Messiah's words

Had to inject a little reality for the Obamabots. They truly believe their guy is so special and different. But the reality is, he's just continuing on with the Elites' Permanent War agenda. He's currently bombing & killing in countless nations around the world. He should actually apologize and give his Nobel 'Peace' Prize back. That would be the honorable thing to do at this point.

Mohmar Khadaffi might have been a quirky despot but Libya didn't pose a threat to the U.S. under his leadership since Reagan taught him a lesson but Barry Hussein's nut case advisers (and the CIA) thought it was good politics to support the Muslem Brotherhood and overthrow the government. Now we have have a thoroughly entrenched enemy of the U.S. in Libya. Democrats supported Bush's request for boots on the ground in Iraq and then they undermined the mission every step of the way. Barry Hussein pulled American Troops out of Iraq and the power vacuum created the instability that Barry's nut case advisers must have envisioned. Iraq doesn't trust the Hussein administration any more than Israel or the entire freaking European union.

Remembering the 1988 Lockerbie Bombing History in the Headlines

. March 1986, the two sides fired on each other in disputed waters off the Libyan coast. The following month, a bomb went off in a West Berlin disco popular with American servicemen, killing two U.S. soldiers and a Turkish woman and injuring more than 200 others. Having intercepted communications that purportedly implicated Libya’s government in the attack, the United States responded with air strikes.

WH 10782002
Mohmar Khadaffi might have been a quirky despot but Libya didn't pose a threat to the U.S. under his leadership since Reagan taught him a lesson

You people are amazing. Qaddafi kills 270 innocent civilians in a terrorist attack of which 189 were American, and you declare that Reagan taught Qaddafi a lesson by sending sixteen fighter jets on a bombing run that killed a little girl. That taught a lesson? How remarkable. Obama leads a a coalition against Daesh terrorist scum flying over 14,000 sorties since August that has killed 8000 of the terrorist scum including many top leaders and that bombing campaign is called pin pricks by every Obama hater Reagan lover on the continental US plus Alaska.

The lunacy on the right never ceases to amaze me.

Last edited:

Do you have any video of your heroic iraqi warriors charging accross the desert to engage ISIS yet Foo? Haven't seen any on CNN yet.

pauli 10781881
But the reality is, he's just continuing on with the Elites' Permanent War agenda.

Is there one person on this forum that agrees with you that Obama should not be bombing Daesh terrorist scum in Iraq and Syria?

The ME is on a big learning curve, and we're the good guys again, not arrogant chickenhawk idiot Pub bullies.Now if only Pubs and their hater dupes would learn something...

The op is another liberal pussy, its no myth when the USA says we are staying, we stay.

Forum List

Back