Iraq War Cost US 2 Trillion dollars, 200,000 lives. What a waste.

Oh no.

Holy crap.

All this time, I didn't realize that Saddam was America's Commander in Chief at the time. So HE made the call to send our troops. Bush was just an innocent bystander.

Okay, sorry, I take it all back.

Poor unfortunate Saddam. Picked to be a target just by use of a dart board. Didn't use WMD against his own people. Didn't threaten the region. Didn't cause econolgical disaster in Kuwait. No he was just an innocent bystander that Bush and Congress decided had to be a target.

Kinda of like the 16 year old American that Obama murdered.

Yeah, plus Saddam was Commander in Chief of the USA and sent our troops to war! Now that I know this I agree with you completely.

Yes, just like FDR started WW2, exactly I now see your point.

Link to anything other than a winger anti-war site that shows anything remotely close to a war crime charge??

And it is you and those like you that are a national disgrace

Unlike you, I don't lust after the blood of innocent men, women and kids in faraway lands.

So..yeah..it was a crime.

To you..it was a video game.

Cheers.

Iraq was a stupid mistake, but it was not a criminal act. congress authorized it, democrats supported it, the UN supported it, as did the UK, the EU, Japan, Spain, Russia, and every other major nation in the world.

You Bush haters need to get your history correct.
Russia?? Russia was against it. As was France, China, and Germany. You do recall Bush insisting he was going to demand the U.N. vote on the matter and then whimpered out when he learned it was going to be voted down because there wasn't enough support to get it passed, don't you?

Last edited:
A new report by the “Costs of War” project at Brown University’s Watson Institute for International Studies finds that nearly 200,000 people, including soldiers and civilians, were killed in the war in Iraq President George W. Bush launched 10 years ago.

The Iraq War was in vain. No WMD were found, and there's no real democracy in Iraq. The facts are clear: The world would have been better off if Saddam were still in power and Gore had taken the office of President, which he rightly won in 2000.

The GOP's refusal to admit to their mistake of starting the Iraq War is one of the reason why they have little power in DC. The US voter is punishing the GOP for their foreign policy mistakes, and they deserve every bit of it and more.

Notice that Bush and Cheney never travel outside of North America now, they are scared they might be arrested and sent to the world court in the Hague to be put on trial for war crimes. Too bad the world court doesn't have the death penalty .

Boy, the fact that Saddam was the Commander in Chief who sent our troops into that hideous shit hole, destroying the lives of thousands of our troops and their young families, emboldening Iran and wasting trillion of dollars (plus interest) really has me angry.

Even worse, his salary was being paid for by OUR TAX DOLLARS.

Fuckin' good thing he's dead.

Yes, the same as that f...ing FDR sending our troops on the Bataan death march. Or ordering the attack on December 7. Man was Saddam, Tojo and Hitler misunderstood. Damn American presidents always attacking and causing wars without cause.

But that 16 year old, now he deserved a 70000 dollar predator up the kister.

The Iraq war, the afghanistan war, the viet nam war, the kosovo war--------all wasted american lives and american money.

to try to make these blunders into some kind of partisan attack is to ignore history. Both parties are equally to blame.
Umm ... how many Americans were killed in the Kosovo war?

You make my point. The only war that liberals like is when they are doing the killing without threat. That is why they have fallen in love with predator drones and the killing they can inflict from Nevada anywhere in the world.

Well if you're gonna have warfare. that's an improvement. Imagine moving from a battle tactic of British Regulars standing in solid ranks firing at the enemy, and then letting the enemy fire at their solid ranks. Drones are sort of like a new method, fire then duck behind a tree. Maybe with one of these tactics people will decide wars are stupid, H bombs didn't do it.

A new report by the “Costs of War” project at Brown University’s Watson Institute for International Studies finds that nearly 200,000 people, including soldiers and civilians, were killed in the war in Iraq President George W. Bush launched 10 years ago.

The Iraq War was in vain. No WMD were found, and there's no real democracy in Iraq. The facts are clear: The world would have been better off if Saddam were still in power and Gore had taken the office of President, which he rightly won in 2000.

The GOP's refusal to admit to their mistake of starting the Iraq War is one of the reason why they have little power in DC. The US voter is punishing the GOP for their foreign policy mistakes, and they deserve every bit of it and more.

Notice that Bush and Cheney never travel outside of North America now, they are scared they might be arrested and sent to the world court in the Hague to be put on trial for war crimes. Too bad the world court doesn't have the death penalty .

I doubt that but they may fear that they are on Obama's kill list and might recieve a predator up the ass.

Boy, the fact that Saddam was the Commander in Chief who sent our troops into that hideous shit hole, destroying the lives of thousands of our troops and their young families, emboldening Iran and wasting trillion of dollars (plus interest) really has me angry.

Yes, the same as that f...ing FDR sending our troops on the Bataan death march. Or ordering the attack on December 7. Man was Saddam, Tojo and Hitler misunderstood. Damn American presidents always attacking and causing wars without cause.

Wow, look at the effort to divert.

Very good!

Indeed.

This war was illegal because the Bush administration lied to Congress and the American people: the administration knew there were no WMDs, they knew Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11.

Unlike you, I don't lust after the blood of innocent men, women and kids in faraway lands.

So..yeah..it was a crime.

To you..it was a video game.

Cheers.

Iraq was a stupid mistake, but it was not a criminal act. congress authorized it, democrats supported it, the UN supported it, as did the UK, the EU, Japan, Spain, Russia, and every other major nation in the world.

Russia?? Russia was against it. As was France, China, and Germany. You do recall Bush insisting he was going to demand the U.N. vote on the matter and then whimpered out when he learned it was going to be voted down because there wasn't enough support to get it passed, don't you?

Are you referring to this UN resolution?:

United Nations Security Council Resolution 1441 is a United Nations Security Council resolution adopted unanimously by the United Nations Security Council on 8 November 2002, offering Iraq under Saddam Hussein "a final opportunity to comply with its disarmament obligations" that had been set out in several previous resolutions (Resolution 660, Resolution 661, Resolution 678, Resolution 686, Resolution 687, Resolution 688, Resolution 707, Resolution 715, Resolution 986, and Resolution 1284). [1]

Resolution 1441 stated that Iraq was in material breach of the ceasefire terms presented under the terms of Resolution 687. Iraq's breaches related not only to weapons of mass destruction (WMD), but also the known construction of prohibited types of missiles, the purchase and import of prohibited armaments, and the continuing refusal of Iraq to compensate Kuwait for the widespread looting conducted by Iraqi troops during the 1990–1991 invasion and occupation. It also stated that "...false statements or omissions in the declarations submitted by Iraq pursuant to this resolution and failure by Iraq at any time to comply with, and cooperate fully in the implementation of, this resolution shall constitute a further material breach of Iraq's obligations."

On 8 November 2002, the Security Council passed Resolution 1441 by a unanimous 15–0 vote; Russia, China, France, and Arab countries such as Syria voted in favor, giving Resolution 1441 wider support than even the 1990 Gulf War resolution.
United Nations Security Council Resolution 1441 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Indeed.

This war was illegal because the Bush administration lied to Congress and the American people: the administration knew there were no WMDs, they knew Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11.

How do you know what they knew?

Was the evidence hidden away from congress or did they merely have to walk across the street to see it?

Must we go through the quotes from EVERYONE at that time? For crying out loud read the UN resolution. This has been lied about so long that it is hard for some to tell what is true. But you have now been informed so now you should know.

Very good!

Quite congratulating yourself, since you have no shame I'll be embarrassed for you.

Grow up and get over the partisan bullshit, both parties are responsible. That is a fact. Bush did not do it by himself. I know you wish that was the case, but its not.

No one wants wars, to claim that any american wants war is just juvenile and stupid.

Yet another vivid example of my point, thanks.

Did congress authorize military action in Iraq under Bush? yes or no

Did the UN authorize action against Iraq? yes or no

Did the UK and EU support action against Iraq? yes or no
The U.N. did not authorize the U.S. to use military force against Iraq. That Bush formed his own coalition outside of the U.N. to do so should have made you aware of that.

Very good!

Quite congratulating yourself, since you have no shame I'll be embarrassed for you.

I'm not congratulating MYSELF, I'm congratulating YOU!

Seriously, it takes a lot to (1) be willing to mocked like this and (2) come up with that kind of diversion, all so that you can avoid admitting that President George W. Bush was our Commander in Chief in 2003. That's all you'd have to say, but you'll go this far to avoid it. Really, that takes some effort, and you pulled it off.

So, officially, congratulations.

The UN did not support the invasion.

We attacked in violation of Article 51 of the UN Charter.

So yeah, it was a crime against humanity.

was viet nam a crime against humanity? before you answer remember is was started and expanded by democrats.
Eisenhower was a Democrat?? Who knew?

Let me list all the great things we got out of "war" in Iraq:

Here, let me fill in for your jaded opinion:

The U.S., its allies and the Iraqi security forces have paid a very high price in lives and treasure to abolish the tyranny that once prevailed in Iraq. Fourteen thousand people were killed in battle, among them seven Danish soldiers, and up to 100,000 civilians died in the effort to create an Iraqi democracy.

By comparison, the Balkan Wars took only four years – 1992 to 1996 – and cost the lives of 260,000; the war in Somalia from 1988 to 2004 claimed 550,000 lives. The higher priority put on protecting Iraqi civilians showed some results.

The motives of President George W. Bush in launching the war will be debated by historians for a long time to come. But the many Danish critics who in 2007 demanded an end to the Iraq War, such as foreign policy spokesman for the Social Democrats Mogens Lykketoft, who that same year declared, “for both Bush and his Danish followers, the Iraq War is a monumental derailment of the war against terrorism,” should take the time to consider the positive results of the war.

It is a nation under development; a nation that stubbornly working its way toward political stability and economic prosperity. True, five months after Iraq’s democratic elections, conflict continues between Sunnis, Shiites and Kurds on the formation of a new government.

But this is evidence of a democratic discussion and development after the ouster of Saddam Hussein’s totalitarian regime. … Whatever the motive was for the war, that discussion is now clearly overshadowed by the fact that the decision to remove Saddam Hussein and his regime was the right one.
Read more at Critics Should Ponder ?Positive Results? of Iraq War: Jyllands-Posten, Denmark | The Moderate Voice

Forum List

Back