Iraq War veteran critically injured after being hit with a grenade by Oakland Police

They aren't required to put themselves in danger for the most part. Though on occasion they are forced to stay on duty during hurricanes. Nor are they given permission by the police to perform their jobs as you keep implying.

Notice that there was no EMT personnel in evidence to begin with. The protestors ended out driving the guy to the hospital themselves.

You can bet your ass there was a fire rescue and an ambulance behind the police lines..... And if those idiots would have stayed back the young fool would have got better medical care faster.........

No, I can't bet my ass on that at all. There was no evidence that fire rescue was standing by....probably because the city's planning was poor when they decided to crack down on the protestors.

No evidence they weren't.

Meanwhile, a protest encampment at a plaza near the City Hall grew to about 50 tents, with organizers saying up to a thousand people were in the area late Friday night with very few police in sight.

The Oakland protesters announced a general strike on Nov. 2 where they will be urging banks and corporations to close for the day.

Farther south, police in San Diego descended early Friday on the encampment that housed demonstrators at the Civic Center Plaza and Children’s Park for three weeks.

San Diego protester Chuck Stemke, a 32-year-old mechanical designer, said he awoke to a loud noise and looked out of his tent to see hundreds of police marching toward him in the darkness.

“It was very intimidating,” he said. “There was a huge show of force.”

Authorities arrested 51 people who faced charges including illegal lodging, illegal drug use, unlawful assembly and other charges. Twenty-four people were arrested on charges of blocking officers from performing their duties, police said.

San Diego police Chief William Lansdowne said negotiations with demonstrators had broken down and officers received no cooperation.

In the Central Valley, officials planned to evict a group of about 30 demonstrators from next to a Fresno County courthouse. The group agreed to officials’ request not to pitch tents at the site during their 20-day stay, and the county had so far been lenient with the encampment, said protest spokesman Ruben Verdugo.

But officials on Friday gave notice that the protesters’ permit would expire midnight Monday, and that demonstrators faced jail time and $500 fines if they remained.

Oakland police chief: Officers used what they thought was least amount of force on protesters - The Washington Post

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk3sURDS4IA]Steppenwolf - Monster - YouTube[/ame]

Words and music by John Kay, Jerry Edmonton, Nick St. Nicholas and Larry Byrom

(Monster)
Once the religious, the hunted and weary
Chasing the promise of freedom and hope
Came to this country to build a new vision
Far from the reaches of kingdom and pope
Like good Christians, some would burn the witches
Later some got slaves to gather riches

But still from near and far to seek America
They came by thousands to court the wild
And she just patiently smiled and bore a child
To be their spirit and guiding light

And once the ties with the crown had been broken
Westward in saddle and wagon it went
And 'til the railroad linked ocean to ocean
Many the lives which had come to an end
While we bullied, stole and bought our a homeland
We began the slaughter of the red man

The blue and grey they stomped it
They kicked it just like a dog
And when the war over
They stuffed it just like a hog

And though the past has it's share of injustice
Kind was the spirit in many a way
But it's protectors and friends have been sleeping
Now it's a monster and will not obey

(Suicide)
The spirit was freedom and justice
And it's keepers seem generous and kind
It's leaders were supposed to serve the country
But now they won't pay it no mind
'Cause the people grew fat and got lazy
And now their vote is a meaningless joke
They babble about law and order
But it's all just an echo of what they've been told
Yeah, there's a monster on the loose
It's got our heads into a noose
And it just sits there watchin'

Our cities have turned into jungles
And corruption is stranglin' the land
The police force is watching the people
And the people just can't understand

We don't know how to mind our own business
'Cause the whole worlds got to be just like us
Now we are fighting a war over there
No matter who's the winner
We can't pay the cost
'Cause there's a monster on the loose
And it just sits there watching

(America)
America where are you now?
Don't you care about your sons and daughters?
Don't you know we need you now
We can't fight alone against the monster

And you take the scums side without listening to what the police say. They said the protesters were throwing bottles and rocks, we have here in this thread a protester admitting this was being done, even though they thought that tear gas was to much of a reaction from the police..........

So yes I believe the police were under attack. Fuck you, take a load of rocks to the assholes they may need them.....

Now if you want to see about me, my uniform, and being bloated you can come on by anytime, I'm not difficult to find.

Uh huh. In this thread there is video of a random person "admitting this was being done". There is no proof that she was actually on the scene at the time of the incident, or that she was actually a protester.

Where's the video?

And the fact that you refer to anyone who is a member of the OWA Protests as "Scum" certainly doesn't show much in the way of rational, impartial judgement on your part, now does it?

As for the rest of your post: You shouldn't drink and post Ollie.
In the video posted in the op, the bottle being thrown was being thrown from behind the police line toward the protestors.

I have also heard that bottles were thrown in reaction to being tear gassed.

I posted a statement from the so called veterans for peace. He said they started throwing shit in response to being told to disperse.

No, I can't bet my ass on that at all. There was no evidence that fire rescue was standing by....probably because the city's planning was poor when they decided to crack down on the protestors.

I don't know whether the EMTs were standing by or not, but certainly agree the city's planning was poor. This goes right to the Mayor's office. When the police are in the position to having to use tear gas to quell a mob, then they'll already lost control and trying to get it back.

The 6P's are Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance. The performance of the city here was piss poor and I am sure the investigation will become a good example for other cities of what not to do.

You refuse to know anything. Even in the rioters own words they escalated the situation. Willful ignorance is a bad thing. At least bring facts to back your assertion.

Meanwhile, a protest encampment at a plaza near the City Hall grew to about 50 tents, with organizers saying up to a thousand people were in the area late Friday night with very few police in sight.

The Oakland protesters announced a general strike on Nov. 2 where they will be urging banks and corporations to close for the day.

Farther south, police in San Diego descended early Friday on the encampment that housed demonstrators at the Civic Center Plaza and Children’s Park for three weeks.

San Diego protester Chuck Stemke, a 32-year-old mechanical designer, said he awoke to a loud noise and looked out of his tent to see hundreds of police marching toward him in the darkness.

Authorities arrested 51 people who faced charges including illegal lodging, illegal drug use, unlawful assembly and other charges. Twenty-four people were arrested on charges of blocking officers from performing their duties, police said.

San Diego police Chief William Lansdowne said negotiations with demonstrators had broken down and officers received no cooperation.

In the Central Valley, officials planned to evict a group of about 30 demonstrators from next to a Fresno County courthouse. The group agreed to officials’ request not to pitch tents at the site during their 20-day stay, and the county had so far been lenient with the encampment, said protest spokesman Ruben Verdugo.

But officials on Friday gave notice that the protesters’ permit would expire midnight Monday, and that demonstrators faced jail time and $500 fines if they remained.

Oakland police chief: Officers used what they thought was least amount of force on protesters - The Washington Post

Veterans For Peace :: News Item

I posted this before, it is the statement of the guy in the navy uniform that was walking next to the guy.

There, he went to the front of the crowd immediately, waving the VFP flag. He said the crowd seemed considerably calmer. "It might be just my impression, but there seemed to be a considerable desire for peace and the crowd expressed that."

Next, the Oakland PD issued the "you're going to get arrested if you don't leave" warning. Shortly after that, Josh said, "People in the rear of the crowd threw eggs at the police and that was the OPD's cue to fire another barrage."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk3sURDS4IA]Steppenwolf - Monster - YouTube[/ame]

Words and music by John Kay, Jerry Edmonton, Nick St. Nicholas and Larry Byrom

(Monster)
Once the religious, the hunted and weary
Chasing the promise of freedom and hope
Came to this country to build a new vision
Far from the reaches of kingdom and pope
Like good Christians, some would burn the witches
Later some got slaves to gather riches

And once the ties with the crown had been broken
Westward in saddle and wagon it went
And 'til the railroad linked ocean to ocean
Many the lives which had come to an end
While we bullied, stole and bought our a homeland
We began the slaughter of the red man

The blue and grey they stomped it
They kicked it just like a dog
And when the war over
They stuffed it just like a hog

And though the past has it's share of injustice
Kind was the spirit in many a way
But it's protectors and friends have been sleeping
Now it's a monster and will not obey

(Suicide)
The spirit was freedom and justice
And it's keepers seem generous and kind
It's leaders were supposed to serve the country
But now they won't pay it no mind
'Cause the people grew fat and got lazy
And now their vote is a meaningless joke
They babble about law and order
But it's all just an echo of what they've been told
Yeah, there's a monster on the loose
And it just sits there watchin'

Our cities have turned into jungles
And corruption is stranglin' the land
The police force is watching the people
And the people just can't understand

We don't know how to mind our own business
'Cause the whole worlds got to be just like us
Now we are fighting a war over there
No matter who's the winner
We can't pay the cost
'Cause there's a monster on the loose
And it just sits there watching

(America)
America where are you now?
Don't you care about your sons and daughters?
Don't you know we need you now
We can't fight alone against the monster

A great reminder that the Mechanism we create is not of greater value than it's reason for being, and, that when there is a conflict between Principle and the use of the mechanism, it is for the mechanism to amend, not for the mechanism to corrupt it's application of Principle. ;) It's never to late to make crooked things straight.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfAWReBmxEs]Deep Purple-Child in Time - YouTube[/ame]
Deep Purple-Child in Time

There is video of him supposedly just minutes before the incident where he was on the wrong side of the barricade... I would call him an agitator........

This is great.

This jerkoff Ollie refuses to condemn the cop who threw the flash grenade into a group of people helping a wounded man even after seeing the video because they "might" have been agitating the cops despite having no evidence to back this up.

And now in this post he is calling Olsen an agitator based on a SUPPOSED video he has NEVER SEEN where Olsen ALLEGEDLY was somewhere he shouldn't be.

Pure agenda driven scum this guy Ollie is.

There is video of him supposedly just minutes before the incident where he was on the wrong side of the barricade... I would call him an agitator........

This is great.

This jerkoff Ollie refuses to condemn the cop who threw the flash grenade into a group of people helping a wounded man even after seeing the video because they "might" have been agitating the cops despite having no evidence to back this up.

And now in this post he is calling Olsen an agitator based on a SUPPOSED video he has NEVER SEEN where Olsen ALLEGEDLY was somewhere he shouldn't be.

And his buddy's comments that protesters were throwing shit at the cops. You can read it at veterans for peace website, but you wont because the truth rubs your type the wrong way. You have not shown anything to the contrary, other then your opinion, and you go calling what people post agenda driven bull shit ? And scum ? Go do your dishes and take out the trash before your internet privileges are taken away for not getting your chores done.

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_YLKFqazXU]Occupy Oakland...a Symphony of destruction - YouTube[/ame]

As a veteran, it does to me.

I feel it's particularly upsetting that someone should survive two tours in Iraq, only to be critically injured by police for exercising their constitutional rights after returning home.

friend of mine who mentored me in the service, he had 2 tours in Vietnam, he was a LURP, had some very very hairy moments, several of them, he came home, and got electrocuted trying to set up a Ham radio......life can be indiscriminate.

I feel it's particularly upsetting that someone should survive two tours in Iraq, only to be critically injured by police for exercising their constitutional rights after returning home.

friend of mine who mentored me in the service, he had 2 tours in Vietnam, he was a LURP, had some very very hairy moments, several of them, he came home, and got electrocuted trying to set up a Ham radio......life can be indiscriminate.
I have been shocked many times in the field...Survived by the graces of God....and good sense.

I have been shocked many times in the field...Survived by the graces of God....and good sense.
I've been a HAM and in Radio since 1975...

This is great.

I'm sorry you're so stupid. I've never seen the video yet it has been posted in this thread at least twice, and I was the first to post a link to the still shot of the fool in front of the barricades. Now that we have established that you are a moron. Go back and read what I say, not what you want me to have said. I said there will be an investigation.....

BTW What is my agenda other than supporting the constitution? We know that yours is obviously anarchy.

And go ahead and keep on negging me, we can do this until you are zeroed out....

This is great.

And his buddy's comments that protesters were throwing shit at the cops. You can read it at veterans for peace website, but you wont because the truth rubs your type the wrong way. You have not shown anything to the contrary, other then your opinion, and you go calling what people post agenda driven bull shit ? And scum ? Go do your dishes and take out the trash before your mommy takes away your internet privileges.

You can't dispute the video evidence. You have no facts, I do. The people aiding Olsen threw nothing. The only thing thrown was the cop's grenade.

This is great.

And his buddy's comments that protesters were throwing shit at the cops. You can read it at veterans for peace website, but you wont because the truth rubs your type the wrong way. You have not shown anything to the contrary, other then your opinion, and you go calling what people post agenda driven bull shit ? And scum ? Go do your dishes and take out the trash before your mommy takes away your internet privileges.

You can't dispute the video evidence. You have no facts, I do. The people aiding Olsen threw nothing. The only thing thrown was the cop's grenade.

http://www.veteransforpeace.org/news_detail.php?idx=122

There, he went to the front of the crowd immediately, waving the VFP flag. He said the crowd seemed considerably calmer. "It might be just my impression, but there seemed to be a considerable desire for peace and the crowd expressed that."

Next, the Oakland PD issued the "you're going to get arrested if you don't leave" warning. Shortly after that, Josh said, "People in the rear of the crowd threw eggs at the police and that was the OPD's cue to fire another barrage."

That ^ is the statement of the guy in the Navy uniform who was standing next to the dude when he got hit. So fine in your opinion we are not allowed to dispute video evidence we can just let him do it for us. You have no facts. Now run along and go get some so you stop looking like such a dick

Last edited:
You guys don't get it.

I've said over again....Olsen getting hit isn't the point or the beef.

The beef is the flash grenade throwing cop and your refusal to condemn his actions.

Your attempts to justify the cop's actions are what makes the two of you scum.

This is great.

I'm sorry you're so stupid. I've never seen the video yet it has been posted in this thread at least twice, and I was the first to post a link to the still shot of the fool in front of the barricades. Now that we have established that you are a moron. Go back and read what I say, not what you want me to have said. I said there will be an investigation.....

BTW What is my agenda other than supporting the constitution? We know that yours is obviously anarchy.

And go ahead and keep on negging me, we can do this until you are zeroed out....

In this case, yes I misread your post and thought you were saying "supposedly there was a video" My bad.

That said, you keep doing scummy things like running static for that grenade throwing cop and I will continue to neg you. Threats of returning the favor wont stop me, I anticipate them being reciprocated by the thinned skinned.

You guys don't get it.

The beef is the flash grenade throwing cop and your refusal to condemn his actions.

Make up your mind. What you guys use to demonize the cops changes from the guy getting shot in the head to the flash bang getting chucked at the crowed around him. If you notice in every official report, the flash bang is not even an issue ? I will again admit that Oakland deserves its reputation as a heavy handed police department, but so far NOTHING has come out condemning them, or any of the other police departments that participated in the eviction. Not one thing except edited video. There is also no evidence to prove that he was not it by something thrown by a protestor.

Last edited:
You guys don't get it.

I see you slithered in unannounced. Your such a disgrace you hide log in information. Dont you tire of being a pussy?

So grenade was thrown into a crowd that had been ordered to disperse.

You want some tissue with that pussy?

Forum List

Back