Iraq War veteran critically injured after being hit with a grenade by Oakland Police

There is no "alluding" to anything, its a point of fact that they where throwing shit. It is also a fact that NO ONE knows why the cop cleared the crowd with a flash bang. You dont know what the conversation was over his radio, and you dont know what he was looking at because the video shows only one small section of the scene, and has been edited. One thing you can be sure of is that the police have hours of there own video. If it showed ANY wrong doing, it would have been all over the news by now. It has not. Considering the police in that area have had several cases involving police brutality it would make sense that the Mayer and police chief would hurry up and crucify the cop to prevent any further rioting or bad press .

Really? Because even though an officer Bologna in NYC at the OWS protests was indiscriminately pepper spraying the crowd, it was CAUGHT ON VIDEO, and he still had it swept under the carpet.

Know what his punishment was? A loss of 10 days of vacation.

This did not happen in New York. And I know the idea is diametrically opposed to what your average OWS protester is used to, but a bath, and time will fix the pepper spray.

BUT, all screwing around aside, Oakland cops DO have a history. Just Google Oakland PD/Police brutality and you will see what I mean. You will see that it also gets dealt with swiftly. By no later then the middle of the week, something should be out. Until then, all this is just speculation, arm chair quarter backing, and opinion.

Didn't happen in NY eh?

Really?

An internal New York Police Department review has found an officer violated department guidelines when he used pepper spray on Occupy Wall Street protesters last month, a source with knowledge of the investigation has told the Associated Press.

Deputy Inspector Anthony Bologna faces losing 10 vacation days after the incident on 24 September incident near Union Square, shortly after the protests began in lower Manhattan, the source said.

Video from the protests shows a small group of mostly women corralled by orange netting used by officers to control crowds. Bologna approaches and seemingly without warning blasted a cluster of women with pepper spray. Two of the women crumple on the sidewalk in pain. One screams.

The incident sparked outrage by demonstrators and a collection of online gawkers who were watching the protests. It also helped propel the movement into the national spotlight.

Occupy Wall Street officer Anthony Bologna 'broke pepper-spray rules' | World news | guardian.co.uk

Or how about this..............

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcl9mQPC-Xo]NYPD DI Anthony Bologna's 2nd Pepper Spray Attack on Occupy Wall Street Protesters - YouTube[/ame]

Yeah.........sure..........the cops haven't done any abuse on the OWS protesters.......

Really? Because even though an officer Bologna in NYC at the OWS protests was indiscriminately pepper spraying the crowd, it was CAUGHT ON VIDEO, and he still had it swept under the carpet.

This did not happen in New York. And I know the idea is diametrically opposed to what your average OWS protester is used to, but a bath, and time will fix the pepper spray.

BUT, all screwing around aside, Oakland cops DO have a history. Just Google Oakland PD/Police brutality and you will see what I mean. You will see that it also gets dealt with swiftly. By no later then the middle of the week, something should be out. Until then, all this is just speculation, arm chair quarter backing, and opinion.

Didn't happen in NY eh?

Really?

An internal New York Police Department review has found an officer violated department guidelines when he used pepper spray on Occupy Wall Street protesters last month, a source with knowledge of the investigation has told the Associated Press.

Deputy Inspector Anthony Bologna faces losing 10 vacation days after the incident on 24 September incident near Union Square, shortly after the protests began in lower Manhattan, the source said.

Video from the protests shows a small group of mostly women corralled by orange netting used by officers to control crowds. Bologna approaches and seemingly without warning blasted a cluster of women with pepper spray. Two of the women crumple on the sidewalk in pain. One screams.

The incident sparked outrage by demonstrators and a collection of online gawkers who were watching the protests. It also helped propel the movement into the national spotlight.

Occupy Wall Street officer Anthony Bologna 'broke pepper-spray rules' | World news | guardian.co.uk

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcl9mQPC-Xo]NYPD DI Anthony Bologna's 2nd Pepper Spray Attack on Occupy Wall Street Protesters - YouTube[/ame]

Yeah.........sure..........the cops haven't done any abuse on the OWS protesters.......

Oops, meant to say it did not happen Oakland. Got me, my bad. And no abuse has been proven in Scot Olsen's case.

Last edited:
I think it's sickening the way the city of Oakland is now laying down for the protesters. But then that's what you get when liberals are in charge.......

Thats how it is when you have a spineless Mayer. Im surprised she has not thrown the cops under the buss yet.

Didn't happen in NY eh?

Really?

Actually, where they did do a good job was in changing Procedure and in toning things down. I applaud them for sticking with restraint. They are doing a commendable job here. I'm sure they are learning from experience, at least as much as the Protesters.

Hint, Antagonizing Speech and Throwing things, Lighting Fire-Crackers, are not suited for Peaceful Demonstration. Politeness goes allot farther than temper tantrums. Just trying to distinguish what is productive from what is hurtful.

Didn't happen in NY eh?

Really?

Actually, where they did do a good job was in changing Procedure and in toning things down. I applaud them for sticking with restraint. They are doing a commendable job here. I'm sure they are learning from experience, at least as much as the Protesters.

Hint, Antagonizing Speech and Throwing things, Lighting Fire-Crackers, are not suited for Peaceful Demonstration. Politeness goes allot farther than temper tantrums. Just trying to distinguish what is productive from what is hurtful.

Hope so. If you think about it the cops did ok. The police were able to split up the crowed and get most of the trouble makers out of there. Not many people appreciate how ugly it didn't get.

r-OCCUPY-WALL-STREET-huge.jpg

Tech-Savvy Occupy Protesters Use Cellphone Video, Social Networking To Publicize Police Abuse

I don't know whether the EMTs were standing by or not, but certainly agree the city's planning was poor. This goes right to the Mayor's office. When the police are in the position to having to use tear gas to quell a mob, then they'll already lost control and trying to get it back.

The 6P's are Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance. The performance of the city here was piss poor and I am sure the investigation will become a good example for other cities of what not to do.

You refuse to know anything. Even in the rioters own words they escalated the situation. Willful ignorance is a bad thing. At least bring facts to back your assertion.

Dude, your personal attacks are not persuasion. They are just accusations. Are you willing to wait for the investigation to be complete before you accuse, convict and seek to sentence anyone?

I don't know whether the EMTs were standing by or not, but certainly agree the city's planning was poor. This goes right to the Mayor's office. When the police are in the position to having to use tear gas to quell a mob, then they'll already lost control and trying to get it back.

The 6P's are Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance. The performance of the city here was piss poor and I am sure the investigation will become a good example for other cities of what not to do.

You refuse to know anything. Even in the rioters own words they escalated the situation. Willful ignorance is a bad thing. At least bring facts to back your assertion.

Dude, your personal attacks are not persuasion. They are just accusations. Are you willing to wait for the investigation to be complete before you accuse, convict and seek to sentence anyone?

You mean like you did ? You are the one who said that the leadership field, not me. Matter of fact, look back at the link I posted from ABC news, and you will see the night went as planned. This whole thread has been filled with accusations of police brutality and on your part, incompetent leadership in the execution of the eviction of the protesters.

You mean like you did ? You are the one who said that the leadership field, not me. Matter of fact, look back at the link I posted from ABC news, and you will see the night went as planned. This whole thread has been filled with accusations of police brutality and on your part, incompetent leadership in the execution of the eviction of the protesters.

You consider my post that the events that night were a failure of leadership as a personal attack so you felt free to make a personal attack against me? Am I understanding you correctly?

You consider my post that the events that night were a failure of leadership as a personal attack so you felt free to make a personal attack against me? Am I understanding you correctly?

the "You refuse to know anything" was not meant as a personnel attack . I apologize if it was taken as such. But I have seen no evidence of a failure of leadership.

Last edited:

Didn't happen in NY eh?

Really?

Very true, but politeness does not get headlines......... And that is what they want......

Didn't happen in NY eh?

Really?

NYPD DI Anthony Bologna's 2nd Pepper Spray Attack on Occupy Wall Street Protesters - YouTube

Very true, but politeness does not get headlines......... And that is what they want......

Some. Some are being used like chum or bait, too. I am genuinely concerned about the Players, the Users. I agree with You Ollie, those that would Instigate and Antagonize, to bring about Harm, are Predators and deserve to be behind bars for a very, very, long time.

Some. Some are being used like chum or bait, too. I am genuinely concerned about the Players, the Users. I agree with You Ollie, those that would Instigate and Antagonize, to bring about Harm, are Predators and deserve to be behind bars for a very, very, long time.

About a week ago I went to the local Occupy rally. I found out today that they are still there. They haven't been in the local news at all, but someone on a local message board snapped a pic of them today.....Or i would never have known. I do believe they go home each evening though......

About a week ago I went to the local Occupy rally. I found out today that they are still there. They haven't been in the local news at all, but someone on a local message board snapped a pic of them today.....Or i would never have known. I do believe they go home each evening though......

I have seen two. most of the guys at the one close to me go home at night. The other was in Dallas, and mellow as well.

the "You refuse to know anything" was not meant as a personnel attack . I apologize if it was taken as such. But I have seen no evidence of a failure of leadership.

Thank you. My comment about the failure of leadership on the part of the city was by the results. If I build a house and it falls down, that's a failure. If I have some hunting dogs and they run feral and bite people, I've lost control of them and that's a failure as the owner. The city of Oakland failed to control the situation in this case to the point where they were using tear gas to regain control. That's fucked up. It was a failure of leadership from the Mayor on down.

If this was a case of a rogue cop spraying pepper spray at American citizens, like in New York, that would be one thing, but when the police are issued tear gas and then ordered to use it against American citizens, that's a failure of leadership.

On a second note, you should be careful about making enemies when you need friends.

Forum List

Back