Iraq War veteran critically injured after being hit with a grenade by Oakland Police

Very true, but politeness does not get headlines......... And that is what they want......

Some. Some are being used like chum or bait, too. I am genuinely concerned about the Players, the Users. I agree with You Ollie, those that would Instigate and Antagonize, to bring about Harm, are Predators and deserve to be behind bars for a very, very, long time.

About a week ago I went to the local Occupy rally. I found out today that they are still there. They haven't been in the local news at all, but someone on a local message board snapped a pic of them today.....Or i would never have known. I do believe they go home each evening though......

That's a good thing. They get to Voice, that's good experience in Civic Responsibility, taking part, they are not breaking Laws. Everyone gets to go home with all of their teeth. The Cops are learning by doing first hand too. That's a valuable lesson in itself.

Except for the approximately 10 to 20 percent of the population that suffer from clinic depression. Or are you going to claim you are a doctor?

No, I'm not claiming to be a Doctor or a Pharmacist. I do recognize the Legal Drug Trade when I see it though. Just calling it as I see it. Chemically Dependent Nation that we are, it's destroying our Culture. Maybe the cause of that depression is different from what you think it is. ;) Sometimes what really needs to change is Circumstance, maybe for some, the matter is even Conscience driven.

Some. Some are being used like chum or bait, too. I am genuinely concerned about the Players, the Users. I agree with You Ollie, those that would Instigate and Antagonize, to bring about Harm, are Predators and deserve to be behind bars for a very, very, long time.

About a week ago I went to the local Occupy rally. I found out today that they are still there. They haven't been in the local news at all, but someone on a local message board snapped a pic of them today.....Or i would never have known. I do believe they go home each evening though......

That's a good thing. They get to Voice, that's good experience in Civic Responsibility, taking part, they are not breaking Laws. Everyone gets to go home with all of their teeth. The Cops are learning by doing first hand too. That's a valuable lesson in itself.

Well, now that I'm aware that they are still there I have to wonder what it's costing the local taxpayers. I also wonder what they are going to do on the 6th and the 11th of next month when a few hundred veterans (there are only about 75 protesters) show up for a laying of a wreath at the local Vietnam Veterans Memorial, and then on the 11th for our County United Veterans Council Veterans Day Ceremonies.....

They are definitely in our way......

I Almost hope they don't move.....Almost......

Anti Depressants are a crutch, an addiction, with side effects. A band-aid on an infected wound.

Except for the approximately 10 to 20 percent of the population that suffer from clinic depression. Or are you going to claim you are a doctor?

No, I'm not claiming to be a Doctor or a Pharmacist. I do recognize the Legal Drug Trade when I see it though. Just calling it as I see it. Chemically Dependent Nation that we are, it's destroying our Culture. Maybe the cause of that depression is different from what you think it is. ;) Sometimes what really needs to change is Circumstance, maybe for some, the matter is even Conscience driven.

10 to 20 percent of the population suffers at least once with clinical depression. Unless you have experienced it or know someone that has your idiotic babble about just " deal with it" is uniformed stupid and dangerous.

Do anti depressants get over prescribed? Sure they do. BUT for a significant amount of people they are life savers. Claiming other wise is , well, ignorant.

Well, now that I'm aware that they are still there I have to wonder what it's costing the local taxpayers. I also wonder what they are going to do on the 6th and the 11th of next month when a few hundred veterans (there are only about 75 protesters) show up for a laying of a wreath at the local Vietnam Veterans Memorial, and then on the 11th for our County United Veterans Council Veterans Day Ceremonies.....

I sincerely hope they will be Respectful. Municipalities are going to be limiting certain services, to make up the difference. In NYC, if Wall Street takes a hit, it effects both the State and the City big time. That is sad. Many Services rely on that income.

I sincerely hope they will be Respectful. Municipalities are going to be limiting certain services, to make up the difference. In NYC, if Wall Street takes a hit, it effects both the State and the City big time. That is sad. Many Services rely on that income.

Well, one of the former County Commissioners is a friend and fellow veteran, and one of the current commissioners is a friend. I hate to ask the one serving now but I'll bet the former still knows what the county is spending..... He may even be at the Nov 6th ceremony.....

10 to 20 percent of the population suffers at least once with clinical depression. Unless you have experienced it or know someone that has your idiotic babble about just " deal with it" is uniformed stupid and dangerous.

Do anti depressants get over prescribed? Sure they do. BUT for a significant amount of people they are life savers. Claiming other wise is , well, ignorant.

No, not at all. You are just being a Prick, trying to make the issue Political, and probably trying to justify your own dependency. Pharmaceuticals are Big Money for a reason. Some of it serves a very legitimate purpose, granted. Prescriptions are just too easy to get. Some day you will wake up to that truth.

I'm claiming that the Issue is Abused and creates added dependency, big time. This is not a Pissing Contest, and Yes, I've been around those that are Users most of my life, I'm no stranger to those who use them. You have your experience and opinion, and I have mine. My Perspective is what it is, and you are not going to change it. We agree to disagree.

Well, one of the former County Commissioners is a friend and fellow veteran, and one of the current commissioners is a friend. I hate to ask the one serving now but I'll bet the former still knows what the county is spending..... He may even be at the Nov 6th ceremony.....

I hope you have good weather. :):):)

I hope you have good weather. :):):)

Doesn't matter, as veterans we've been out in just about every kind of weather for one reason or another. Never canceled a ceremony yet...... Especially if it were an Honor guard for a funeral..... We actually give American Legion Medals out for standing in so many funerals.......And that Post tradition started in a very cold windy drizzling rain snow mix, when an elderly member of the rifle squad waiting for our que to fire at the cemetery said "We should get a medal for this." The current commander agreed and now the Commander (me) issues medals for every 5 Funeral Services...

But yes, nice weather would still be appreciated....

It's the irony of "fighting for our freedom" against a country that didn't threaten them to come back and have your freedom squashed by the country you were fighting for..

Hope he comes out of it okay.
There is some strangely poetic injustice about it.

So now it has changed from a tear gas canister to rubber bullets. Well, At least the protesters are not taking as much artistic liberty with the storey as there supporters here are.
What do you think it was that cracked that fellow's skull?

If someone says it was a tear gas projectile someone else says it couldn't be because a tear-gas projectile leaves a smoke trail and there was no smoke trail. But a rubber shotgun pellet doesn't leave a smoke trail. A flash-bang would leave a serious burn but would not just fracture a skull and there were no baton-swinging cops close enough to have done it.

So what do you think it was? Or is empty and inane commentary your specialized form of artistic license?

So now it has changed from a tear gas canister to rubber bullets. Well, At least the protesters are not taking as much artistic liberty with the storey as there supporters here are.

If someone says it was a tear gas projectile someone else says it couldn't be because a tear-gas projectile leaves a smoke trail and there was no smoke trail. But a rubber shotgun pellet doesn't leave a smoke trail. A flash-bang would leave a serious burn but would not just fracture a skull and there were no baton-swinging cops close enough to have done it.

So what do you think it was? Or is empty and inane commentary your specialized form of artistic license?

In one of the links I posted, and one of the many that come up the Dr. claimed the wound is constant with a round object . Read it your self, dont take my word for it. Personally, I just dont know, But no one says it was a rubber bullet, everyone says it was a can of tear gas fired at him by the cops.

I saw a video of George Soros cracking that guy's skull.

:eusa_shhh:

I saw a video of George Soros cracking that guy's skull.

:eusa_shhh:

With a roll of quarters in a sock.:eek:

i understand that we as americans hand out drugs like their candy. but you dont believe some people can benefit from the proper medicine and counseling with a psycologist?

Agreed.

OK, now...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/11/03/usa-protests-oakland-idUSN1E7A202L20111103

^THAT was some rioting and crowd violence.

Last night the Oakland police actually had valid cause to start using some heavy duty crowd-control methods.

Of course, the point would be to try to avoid that type of confrontation in the first place. But at least this time the cops were responding correctly.

Some jackasses among the protesters obviously got carried away.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back