IRAQ: Was it worth it?

Republicans like to say that the war was a success because our unbelievably more advanced military rolled over the Iraqi power structure in just a few weeks, but that was to be expected. Republicans didn't seem too concerned with thinking through the occupation aspects.

The war was lost when Bush invaded. The war was a disgrace to America when Bush invaded over lies.

1. I'm tired of that worn out BS over the WMD's......Both sides of the equation thought he had them. In the first Gulf War we destroyed much of their ammunition depos to hell. We don't know how much was destroyed. The Marines told me that multiple vehicles were getting Sarin alarms at the same time over there.......Probably due to weapons being destroyed. Either way, even Clinton and allies said the same of the WMD's..............

2. We lost the War over there when we didn't finish the damn thing the first time. When we had 500,000 troops in the area............We create more Wars by not finishing them the first time as it should have been.
Oh? You're "tired of the WMD thing"? Go fuck yourself and then fight your own war. Disarming stockpiles of WMD was the main official reason for the invasion and that "intelligence" was based on LIES. AL-JANABI. CURVEBALL. LIES.

The Bush administration used the information (LIES) spewed forth by "Curveball" to justify the invasion. LIES = INVASION. Is it simple enough for you yet? How about this?:

BUSH'S OFFICIAL REASONS = LIES.

Is it still too complicated for Republicans?

Blow me. When will you own up to the fact that others like Clinton were saying the same damn thing. When you throw your own side under the bus for the same dang thing then maybe we'll talk.

I do know that the Marines I talked to weren't bull shitting me.

Democraps voted for the war in Iraq but once there were political mistakes once the "war against Saddam's military" ended thus the rise of the Sunni insurgency....Democraps acted like they never supported the war.....and "Bush lied about WMDs" was their bullshit lies.

Looks like Iraq is sinking into the abyss. And would have no matter what we did other than staying forever like we did in Korea. In a time that we're all wanting to shrink budgets and spending, WE CANT JUST STAY FOREVER in every shithole on Earth.

So, we went to war. Thousands died. Tens of thousands more crippled and scarred for life, which we now see we cant even pay for their lifelong care.

And FOR WHAT???

If we could all go back to 2002, would we ask President Bush...."Don't do it"?

I would. Mr. President, just don't do it. IT WONT BE WORTH IT.

And those saying that in 2003...turned out to be right.

God bless all the lives that were destroyed by that war.....for WHAT?

Not worth it...too many left alive.

Obama should die in prison for running drone strikes on civilians in Bush's failed illegal war and for the assassination of an American teenager without due process. My "side" is justice.

The Marines who you talked to don't know shit about the decisions made by their cadre, especially not what is secretly discussed by the White House and CIA.

When will you own up to the fact that Bush lied to invade Iraq?

Shaking Hands with Saddam Hussein
http://www2.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB326/IraqWarPart1-Timeline.pdf
THE IRAQ WAR -- PART I:*The U.S. Prepares for Conflict, 2001
THE IRAQ WAR -- PART II: Was There Even a Decision?
THE IRAQ WAR -- PART III: Shaping the Debate
Iraq and Weapons of Mass Destruction
U.S. Intelligence and Iraq WMD

The Torture Archive

Democraps voted for the war in Iraq but once there were political mistakes once the "war against Saddam's military" ended thus the rise of the Sunni insurgency....Democraps acted like they never supported the war.....and "Bush lied about WMDs" was their bullshit lies.

After 9/11, patriotism was at a fever pitch. It would have seemed, at that time, almost un-American not to rally behind the president. It wasn't until later that the world learned he was lying his ass off. So, Bush garnered widespread support for invading Iraq (for a 2nd time) - based on more Bush lies. Bushes are EVIL.

Obama should die in prison for running drone strikes on civilians in Bush's failed illegal war and for the assassination of an American teenager without due process. My "side" is justice.

The Marines who you talked to don't know shit about the decisions made by their cadre, especially not what is secretly discussed by the White House and CIA.

The Torture Archive

What was he supposed to do after he crashed the planes into the towers, Gertrude? Give him a break.

The Torture Archive

What was he supposed to do after he crashed the planes into the towers, Gertrude? Give him a break.
Who? What are you spouting off about? Don't answer, just read those links.

Keep reading.

Asswipe...British intel and the CIA had "intelligence" information on Saddam's WMD programs.

He moved most of it to Syria is my best guess based on my background and access to information far above your inbred brain.

After 9/11, patriotism was at a fever pitch. It would have seemed, at that time, almost un-American not to rally behind the president. It wasn't until later that the world learned he was lying his ass off. So, Bush garnered widespread support for invading Iraq (for a 2nd time) - based on more Bush lies. Bushes are EVIL.

US Ambassador Glaspie:

"I have direct instructions from President Bush to improve our relations with Iraq. We have considerable sympathy for your quest for higher oil prices, the immediate cause of your confrontation with Kuwait. (pause) As you know, I have lived here for years and admire your extraordinary efforts to rebuild your country (after the Iran-Iraq war). We know you need funds. We understand that, and our opinion is that you should have the opportunity to rebuild your country. (pause) We can see that you have deployed massive numbers of troops in the south. Normally that would be none of our business, but when this happens in the context of your other threats against Kuwait, then it would be reasonable for us to be concerned. For this reason, I have received an instruction to ask you, in the spirit of friendship - not confrontation - regarding your intentions. Why are your troops massed so very close to Kuwait’s borders?"

President Saddam Hussein:

"As you know, for years now I have made every effort to reach a settlement on our dispute with Kuwait. There is to be a meeting in two days; I am prepared to give negotiations only one more brief chance. (pause) When we (the Iraqis) meet (with the Kuwaitis) and we see there is hope, then nothing will happen. But if we are unable to find a solution, then it will be natural that Iraq will not accept death."

US Ambassador Glaspie:

"What solution would be acceptable?"

President Saddam Hussein:

"If we could keep the whole of the Shatt al Arab - our strategic goal in our war with Iran - we will make concessions (to the Kuwaitis). But if we are forced to choose between keeping half of the Shatt and the whole of Iraq (which, in Iraq’s view, includes Kuwait), then we will give up all of the Shatt to defend our claims on Kuwait to keep the whole of Iraq in the shape we wish it to be. (pause) What is the United States’ opinion on this?"

US Ambassador Glaspie:

"We have no opinion on your Arab-Arab conflicts, such as your dispute with Kuwait. Secretary (of State James) Baker has directed me to emphasise the instruction, first given to Iraq in the 1960s, that the Kuwait issue is not associated with America."

(Saddam smiles)

MORE: Is the US State Department still keeping April Glaspie under wraps?

Hell no it wasn't worth it.

No WMD in Iraq to justify an invasion. Bush lied. Curveball lied. Powell lied.

The Khurds died by WMD's..........

Iranians died by WMD's..............

We blew the hell out of their ammo depots back then. And we blew up some of it.

Doesn't matter. You again refuse to blame your own lame side. Who all said the same damn thing. Many on intel committees seeing the data.

According to the Jack Ass Party, they were all lied to. Because they were too stupid to look at the intel then, from the past, and from other countries as well.

Looks like Iraq is sinking into the abyss. And would have no matter what we did other than staying forever like we did in Korea. In a time that we're all wanting to shrink budgets and spending, WE CANT JUST STAY FOREVER in every shithole on Earth.

So, we went to war. Thousands died. Tens of thousands more crippled and scarred for life, which we now see we cant even pay for their lifelong care.

And FOR WHAT???

If we could all go back to 2002, would we ask President Bush...."Don't do it"?

I would. Mr. President, just don't do it. IT WONT BE WORTH IT.

And those saying that in 2003...turned out to be right.

God bless all the lives that were destroyed by that war.....for WHAT?

Proof we didn't kill enough of the bad guys.
Time to start napalming areas where they congregate and moabing where they live.

Asswipe...British intel and the CIA had "intelligence" information on Saddam's WMD programs.

He moved most of it to Syria is my best guess based on my background and access to information far above your inbred brain.
Yep, your expertise in clandestine international weapons smuggling is far superior to the combined intelligence apparatus of world governments who completely missed all of those WMD going into Syria.

You should share your "intelligence" with the CIA. Show them where they fucked up. Ask them how they missed all of those WMD going to Syria. Ask them why they didn't invade Syria. I'm interested in their answers. Please post their response here for everyone to read.

Gee. This Iranian soldier is only wearing a gas mask because a fellow soldier farted in a nearby foxhole. From the Iran Iraq War.

Chemical_weapon1.jpg

Halabja chemical attack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Halabja chemical attack (Kurdish: Kîmyabarana Helebce کیمیابارانی ھەڵەبجە), also known as the Halabja Massacre or Bloody Friday,[1] was a genocidal massacre against the Kurdish people that took place on March 16, 1988, during the closing days of the Iran–Iraq War in the Kurdish city of Halabja in Southern Kurdistan. The attack was part of the Al-Anfal campaign in northern Iraq, as well as part of the Iraqi attempt to repel the Iranian Operation Zafar 7. It took place 48 hours after the fall of the town to Iranian army and Kurdish guerrillas.
The attack killed between 3,200 and 5,000 people and injured 7,000 to 10,000 more, most of them civilians.[1][2] Thousands more died of complications, diseases, and birth defects in the years after the attack.[3] The incident, which has been officially defined as an act of genocide against the Kurdish people in Iraq,[4] was and still remains the largest chemical weapons attack directed against a civilian-populated area in history.[5]

Forum List

Back