Irony re: marijuana

They cannot legalize it. Where would they get prisoners to work for Obama at $1.40 an hour? Don't you realise Obama has now put prisons into the export business to compete with NK slaves and Chinese slave labor? This is his idea of creating jobs and economic growth. The more he can arrest and put to work the richer the federal govt will become.

In the fine print, the govt promises not to compete with private businesses here in USA who cannot afford to compete with labor at a dollar - forty cents an hour and do you know how they will manage that? He claims the merchandise made in prison won't be identical to merchandise made by private businesses here. Right. He will have them making white tennis shoes instead of black ones and still get away with it.

I was in prison in the 80's and forced to build outbuildings for sale to the public. My pay was .65 per day and get this.....Obama wasn't president.

Its time to legalize.

I thought legalization was just a matter of time - back in the 70's when I was young and idealistic. It is so obviously unjust to criminalize the use or possession of a harmless plant. But here we are over 30 years later still trying to take baby steps away from prohibition. It is WAY past time to legalize. It should never have been made illegal to begin with.

Its time to legalize.

I thought legalization was just a matter of time - back in the 70's when I was young and idealistic. It is so obviously unjust to criminalize the use or possession of a harmless plant. But here we are over 30 years later still trying to take baby steps away from prohibition. It is WAY past time to legalize. It should never have been made illegal to begin with.

I agree 100%.

They cannot legalize it. Where would they get prisoners to work for Obama at $1.40 an hour? Don't you realise Obama has now put prisons into the export business to compete with NK slaves and Chinese slave labor? This is his idea of creating jobs and economic growth. The more he can arrest and put to work the richer the federal govt will become.

In the fine print, the govt promises not to compete with private businesses here in USA who cannot afford to compete with labor at a dollar - forty cents an hour and do you know how they will manage that? He claims the merchandise made in prison won't be identical to merchandise made by private businesses here. Right. He will have them making white tennis shoes instead of black ones and still get away with it.

I was in prison in the 80's and forced to build outbuildings for sale to the public. My pay was .65 per day and get this.....Obama wasn't president.

Yup, prisoners getting paid pennies has been going on for a long time, hardly an Obama thing.

"and get this"

bodied my soul.

slayed my guts.

I mean to say, "lol," but more creatively.

Yup, prisoners getting paid pennies has been going on for a long time, hardly an Obama thing.

Kitchen detail paid the best and came with more perks but it was an awful job. I opted to learn a skill which has served me to this day.

Feds at the nci report pot has effects in stalling certain cancers. Shocker.

Cannabis and Cannabinoids (PDQ®) - National Cancer Institute

That was a lung cancer study. The mice in that study were given THC by liquid directly injected into the stomach.

I'm sure the effectiveness of pot against lung cancer would have been much different if they smoked it.

Read the link a couple posts ago from nbc re: inhallation (sp). Just some info there.

That was a lung cancer study. The mice in that study were given THC by liquid directly injected into the stomach (gavage).

I'm sure the effectiveness of pot against lung cancer would have been much different if they smoked it.

Perhaps, but I'm not too involved in finding reasons for it to be legalized. I'm still trying to figure out why it was made illegal in the first place.

That was a lung cancer study. The mice in that study were given THC by liquid directly injected into the stomach.

Read the link a couple posts ago from nbc re: inhallation (sp). Just some info there.

The NBC link says smoking pot does not increase the chance of lung cancer. It does not say smoking decreases the chance of cancer like the study which used gavage did.

That was a lung cancer study. The mice in that study were given THC by liquid directly injected into the stomach (gavage).

Perhaps, but I'm not too involved in finding reasons for it to be legalized. I'm still trying to figure out why it was made illegal in the first place.

Probably because it was popular with negroes.

And Reefer Madness.

Marijuana:

1.) Positive Health Effects
2.) Impossible to overdose on
3.) All natural, non-toxic
4.) When you smoke it, you become calm, cautious, and reflective.

(compare those with the effects of alcohol)

So why is this not legal again, and why are we ruining millions of lives/families by locking up people for years for their involvement with the drug?

Why are we granting the cartels so much power by making this drug illegal?

The only moral choice is legalization.

Last edited:

And Reefer Madness.

So if the law was passed based on racism and misinformation, do you really need a reason to legalize it?

Seems to me that those who want it to remain illegal have some 'splainin' to do.

Like - why?

Yes and that would be illegal according to our Constitution you see. Still what Obama has planned is an export business to compete with the Communist nations at slave labor rates. The American prison population is the largest in the world. Do you realise this? So how did Obama get away with this? They claimed it was just an extension of the making license plates idea - still in a city debate which I attended - it was decided that what Obama is doing is unconstitutional. In fact, much of what Obama does is in violation of the Constitution. NOTE*** Think about the ramifications of this for a moment. If a prisoner happens to be exceptionally good at building computers they might deny his parole in order to hang on to their "asset".. How would you like to have been kept on the farm building outbuildings for an extra 20 yrs because they liked your work and decided to "keep you"? Yeah. I thought so.. - Jeremiah

Its time to legalize.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E96vow07OJc]True History of Marijuana Full Movie - YouTube[/ame]​

And Reefer Madness.

So if the law was passed based on racism and misinformation, do you really need a reason to legalize it?

Seems to me that those who want it to remain illegal have some 'splainin' to do.

Like - why?

I'm fine with pot being legalized. It is no more addictive or debilitating than alcohol.

Forum List

Back