IRS: Cheapest Obamacare Plan Will Be $20,000 Per Family

Doc91678

Rookie
Nov 13, 2012
Binghamton
By Matt Cover
January 31, 2013

(CNSNews.com) – In a final regulation issued Wednesday, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) assumed that under Obamacare the cheapest health insurance plan available in 2016 for a family will cost $20,000 for the year.

Under Obamacare, Americans will be required to buy health insurance or pay a penalty to the IRS.

The IRS's assumption that the cheapest plan for family will cost $20,000 per year is found in examples the IRS gives to help people understand how to calculate the penalty they will need to pay the government if they do not buy a mandated health plan.

The examples point to families of four and families of five, both of which the IRS expects in its assumptions to pay a minimum of $20,000 per year for a bronze plan.

***snip***

Continue reading: --->
IRS: Cheapest Obamacare Plan Will Be $20,000 Per Family | CNS News

By Matt Cover
January 31, 2013

(CNSNews.com) – In a final regulation issued Wednesday, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) assumed that under Obamacare the cheapest health insurance plan available in 2016 for a family will cost $20,000 for the year.

Under Obamacare, Americans will be required to buy health insurance or pay a penalty to the IRS.

The IRS's assumption that the cheapest plan for family will cost $20,000 per year is found in examples the IRS gives to help people understand how to calculate the penalty they will need to pay the government if they do not buy a mandated health plan.

The examples point to families of four and families of five, both of which the IRS expects in its assumptions to pay a minimum of $20,000 per year for a bronze plan.

***snip***

Now wait a minute, the article points out that the $20,000 per family is for the "BRONZE" plan. That is the cheapest of four plans, the others being "SILVER", "GOLD", and "PLATINUM". So how is this supposed to be any different than what we have now? People who can afford better care will be able to purchase a higher-priced plan. Really?

And if the family can't pay it then there will be a Penalty.

But if that penalty is 8 percent of that families income, then they don't have to pay it.

So if you can't afford ObamaCare cheer up, the Gov't and IRS may not punish you for that!

Thanks Liberals!

Well, it would take over half of what we earn, so now what?

I like what I have now at the price I have now. And Obama told me I wouldn't have to give it up. Fucking lying asshole.

There will be just as many uninsured people, waiting lists, lower quality and quantity of healthcare, so where is all that money going? Most of it is for all the new taxes that these scumbag liberals are imposing on us.

Hey, Obama, we can't fucking afford this. Are you going to put millions of people in jail?

Now wait a minute, the article points out that the $20,000 per family is for the "BRONZE" plan. That is the cheapest of four plans, the others being "SILVER", "GOLD", and "PLATINUM". So how is this supposed to be any different than what we have now? People who can afford better care will be able to purchase a higher-priced plan. Really?
It's not any different! Just now the Government is in control and can Ration Care! It's a gold plated gift to the Insurance Agency!

Remember when Republicans said it has Death Panels and you laughed?
Remember when Republicans said you should read it before you sign it and you mocked them? No Republicans signed it in the House. Remember that.

Remember when Obama was re-elected and you Liberals said "that's the end of the Republican Party?" Remember that?

Will ObamaCare be the end of the Democrat Party?

You f*ckers better wake up and seriously start thinking about ways to repeal ObamaCare, if you want the Democrat Party to survive that is.

Well, it would take over half of what we earn, so now what?

I like what I have now at the price I have now. And Obama told me I wouldn't have to give it up. Fucking lying asshole.

There will be just as many uninsured people, waiting lists, lower quality and quantity of healthcare, so where is all that money going? Most of it is for all the new taxes that these scumbag liberals are imposing on us.

Hey, Obama, we can't fucking afford this. Are you going to put millions of people in jail?

They ya go! Prisoners all receive "free" healthcare.

I can't believe no liberal had anything to say about this. It's not like what we have now where we can get better plans if we want. No one will be able to afford the cheapest plan, let alone a better one.

Right now, I have one I like and can afford. I won't be able to afford the cheapest one available thanks to Obamadoesn'tcare, so now what?

It's bullshit that average families have to pay nearly half their income for something that they can afford now.

Only those idiots who have no conscience about putting too heavy of a burden on the tax payers are okay with this. Hey, as long as it's other people who will be forced into bankruptcy, why the hell should they care? And the Commie/Marxist pukes are cheering because this will be the thing that finally destroys the country.

What say you liberals? $20,000 a fucking year for the average family. The average family doesn't have that much to spend on health care. Do you liberals realize how many people will find themselves in trouble with the government if they opt to forego ridiculously expensive health insurance in order to keep their homes? And if we can't pay the fine, Pelosi herself said sending people to jail is a fair thing to do.

There is nothing fair about any of the things the Obama administration has done. He is destroying this country. That has been his plan from day one.

Last edited:
No "liberals" are responding to this because it's pure bullshit. The IRS said nothing of the sort.

And this thread makes it pretty clear that some of you still don't understand what "Obamacare" is.

CNS is totally FOS, and dupes have no clue what O-care includes. It's called affordable and guaranteed for a reason, and will save everyone a ton of money, especially over time. Sthu and relax.

No "liberals" are responding to this because it's pure bullshit. The IRS said nothing of the sort.

And this thread makes it pretty clear that some of you still don't understand what "Obamacare" is.

Do you have a link showing that there is a different estimate of what a family will pay? Even leftie sights before showed that premiums would go up over a 100% for many once this piece of shit law is implemented and that it would continue to rise.

I suppose if you're one that either lives off the tax payers or has millions in the bank, you can continue to defend Obamacare. Those getting stuck with the bill have reason to worry.

Then we'll have over 11 million illegal aliens and their probably billion children to add to the doles.

Do you have a link showing that there is a different estimate of what a family will pay? Even leftie sights before showed that premiums would go up over a 100% for many once this piece of shit law is implemented and that it would continue to rise.

I suppose if you're one that either lives off the tax payers or has millions in the bank, you can continue to defend Obamacare. Those getting stuck with the bill have reason to worry.

Then we'll have over 11 million illegal aliens and their probably billion children to add to the doles.

You're mistaken if you think I'm "defending" Obamacare. I think it's a terrible piece of legislation.

That doesn't make the fear-mongering nonsense you guys keep babbling any less completely bullshit.

If you have it through your company, not much change. If not, cheaper. Subsidies under 4x poverty line, free Medicaid under 140% of poverty line. Read something and stop getting the shytte scared out of you, dupe.

And if the family can't pay it then there will be a Penalty.

But if that penalty is 8 percent of that families income, then they don't have to pay it.

So if you can't afford ObamaCare cheer up, the Gov't and IRS may not punish you for that!

Thanks Liberals!

Who the hell doesn't already have health insurance for their families? Is that how the far right likes to "stick it 2 da libs" by using emergency rooms for stomach aches and minor boo-boos?

Last edited:
If I make 1 million dollars a year, and I am taxed at 10%, then I will be paying 100,000 dollars in taxes.

I make no where near 1 million dollars a year, but the example is valid for any amount of income I do make.

Everyone understand yet?

I pay less than 2100 dollars a year for My medical insurance for Myself and My wife. It just went up by 26%,(thanks Obama you fucking loser) and that hurt, but it is not going to be anywhere near $20,000 dollars.

I think maybe you peeps should read what the IRS is actually doing and saying and not take the word of a media type as gospel.

Oops...My bad...I forgot to factor in the 3,000 dollar deductible...so less than 5100 per year. Still only 25% of the stated amount.

Last edited:
I can't believe no liberal had anything to say about this. It's not like what we have now where we can get better plans if we want. No one will be able to afford the cheapest plan, let alone a better one.

Right now, I have one I like and can afford. I won't be able to afford the cheapest one available thanks to Obamadoesn'tcare, so now what?

It's bullshit that average families have to pay nearly half their income for something that they can afford now.

Only those idiots who have no conscience about putting too heavy of a burden on the tax payers are okay with this. Hey, as long as it's other people who will be forced into bankruptcy, why the hell should they care? And the Commie/Marxist pukes are cheering because this will be the thing that finally destroys the country.

What say you liberals? $20,000 a fucking year for the average family. The average family doesn't have that much to spend on health care. Do you liberals realize how many people will find themselves in trouble with the government if they opt to forego ridiculously expensive health insurance in order to keep their homes? And if we can't pay the fine, Pelosi herself said sending people to jail is a fair thing to do.

There is nothing fair about any of the things the Obama administration has done. He is destroying this country. That has been his plan from day one.

If you get your insurance through your employer, nothing will change. If you buy it on your own and your income is only $40,000 for your entire family, then you won't pay much at all as most will be covered by tax credits.

What you need to remember is that most people will still get their insurance through employers. For those who have to pay for it on their own, it will be subsidized depending on income. The real question for the long run is how much those subsidies are going to really cost taxpayers. For that, we will have to wait to see.

Here's a link to Kaiser's calculator. It is obviously only based on estimates, but it should give you an idea how much it will really cost you. Most likely, you will pay less than you do now.

Health Reform Subsidy Calculator - Kaiser Health Reform

By Matt Cover
January 31, 2013

***snip***

I am pretty darn sure... that the 49% of people who dont pay one red cent of federal income tax....will have nothing to worry about...

they will not have to pay the obamacare... TAX
nor will they be given a penalty for not paying the TAX.... but also GET said obamacare regardless.

so how is it any different..... the TAX part and the none payers getting everything they want. .

what this works out for me is

i will pay more for less.... so someone else can have what i am paying for.

Forum List

Back