IRS targeted Jews too?

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
The Jewish Press » » IRS Punished Conservative Non-Profits, Perhaps Also Pro-Israel Groups

PRO-ISRAEL GROUP SUED IRS CLAIMING TARGETING PRACTICE

While they are at it, the committee might want to ask the IRS whether their list of targets extended beyond political party discrimination. There is evidence the IRS also targeted pro-Israel groups whose positions were potentially inconsistent with the administration’s.

For example, in 2010, the passionately pro-Israel organization Z STREET filed a lawsuit against the IRS, claiming it had been told by an IRS agent that because the organization was “connected to Israel,” its application for tax-exempt status would receive additional scrutiny. This admission was made in response to a query about the lengthy reveiw of Z STREET’s tax exempt status application.

In addition, the IRS agent told a Z STREET representative that the applications of some of those Israel-related organizations have been assigned to “a special unit in the D.C. office to determine whether the organization’s activities contradict the Administration’s public policies.”

Z STREET’s lawsuit claims the IRS activity constitutes viewpoint discrimination and a violation of its constitutionally protected right of free speech. The organization is seeking, among other things, complete disclosure to the public regarding the origin, development, approval, substance and application of the IRS policy to treat pro-Israel organizations differently than it does other organizations.

And at least one purely religious Jewish organization, one not focused on Israel, was the recipient of bizarre and highly inappropriate questions about Israel. Those questions also came from the same non-profit division of the IRS at issue for inappropriately targeting politically conservative groups. The IRS required that Jewish organization to state “whether [it] supports the existence of the land of Israel,” and also demanded the organization “[d]escribe [its] religious belief system toward the land of Israel.”

Last edited:
Wow! Great answer! Yes. Unfortunately it looks like they are trying but the bottom line is we shouldn't allow them to get away with it. The best way to stop it? Is to shout it from the rooftops and tell the world. The only way to get action is to make waves. Big Ones!

Wow! Great answer! Yes. Unfortunately it looks like they are trying but the bottom line is we shouldn't allow them to get away with it. The best way to stop it? Is to shout it from the rooftops and tell the world. The only way to get action is to make waves. Big Ones!

Sorry. Forgive an old guy. I guess I've grown too cynical, none of this shit surprises me anymore...

Keep shouting from those rooftops. Too soon you may find yourself too cynical to work up the enthusiasm...

Why does the tax man look like an alien & what does it all mean? If your pro-fascist you don't get scrutiny over your non-profit organisation when filing for tax exemption, or just that Jews can weasel their way round just about anything?

IRS targeted people who were teaching about the Constitution.

IRS targeted groups that criticized the government, IG report says

At various points over the past two years, Internal Revenue Service officials targeted nonprofit groups that criticized the government and sought to educate Americans about the U.S. Constitution, according to documents in an audit conducted by the agency’s inspector general.

Anyone not a Marxist got targeted.

Sorry. Forgive an old guy. I guess I've grown too cynical, none of this shit surprises me anymore...

Keep shouting from those rooftops. Too soon you may find yourself too cynical to work up the enthusiasm...
It's okay, HJMick. Some days I feel just like what you said.

Why does the tax man look like an alien & what does it all mean? If your pro-fascist you don't get scrutiny over your non-profit organisation when filing for tax exemption, or just that Jews can weasel their way round just about anything?
In this country, the law reads the same for everyone, or at least, it used to.

Maybe obama thinks if he throws the IRS under the bus, people will stop paying attention to Benghazi.

Did you make that screen name just to write this anti semitic tripe?

{{{{yawn}}}}

It's a marathon not a sprint. So I pace myself. I've read your posts and I don't find you to be cynical. I do understand the aggravation factor and know that when I am starting to feel really "rude" ? It is time for me to take a break. In fact? I'm taking one for the next week or two. Have a great week, hjmick. - Jeri

The Jewish Press » » IRS Punished Conservative Non-Profits, Perhaps Also Pro-Israel Groups

PRO-ISRAEL GROUP SUED IRS CLAIMING TARGETING PRACTICE

While they are at it, the committee might want to ask the IRS whether their list of targets extended beyond political party discrimination. There is evidence the IRS also targeted pro-Israel groups whose positions were potentially inconsistent with the administration’s.

For example, in 2010, the passionately pro-Israel organization Z STREET filed a lawsuit against the IRS, claiming it had been told by an IRS agent that because the organization was “connected to Israel,” its application for tax-exempt status would receive additional scrutiny. This admission was made in response to a query about the lengthy reveiw of Z STREET’s tax exempt status application.

In addition, the IRS agent told a Z STREET representative that the applications of some of those Israel-related organizations have been assigned to “a special unit in the D.C. office to determine whether the organization’s activities contradict the Administration’s public policies.”

Z STREET’s lawsuit claims the IRS activity constitutes viewpoint discrimination and a violation of its constitutionally protected right of free speech. The organization is seeking, among other things, complete disclosure to the public regarding the origin, development, approval, substance and application of the IRS policy to treat pro-Israel organizations differently than it does other organizations.

And at least one purely religious Jewish organization, one not focused on Israel, was the recipient of bizarre and highly inappropriate questions about Israel. Those questions also came from the same non-profit division of the IRS at issue for inappropriately targeting politically conservative groups. The IRS required that Jewish organization to state “whether [it] supports the existence of the land of Israel,” and also demanded the organization “[d]escribe [its] religious belief system toward the land of Israel.”
The passionately pro-Israel group was also, no doubt, Conservative.

Did you make that screen name just to write this anti semitic tripe?

{{{{yawn}}}}

Apologies, that sounded a bit mean of me. It was intended as a joke, yes it's sad that these non-profit organisations are encountering a lot of difficulties with their tax exemption but for the one of them that manages to oppose this action in the press & get round it, even you gotta admit its no supprise that they were Jewish.

Nevermind..........

Forum List

Back