🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is a second american revolution now inevitable?

The set of would-be revolutionaries, given how fixated they're on violence, guns and anyone who is 'different', must have been badly damaged early in life, or so depressed by their current circumstance as to easily fall prey to the demagogues and charlatans so pervasive in America today.

You invent fantasy people operating in an imaginary world and ascribe false motives to them so you can pretend to be wise. Did you have imaginary friends when you were a child?

Revolution isn't some romantic interlude;

I don't believe anyone said it was?

good grief, haven't we all seen how insurrections are easily put down by the established authorities?

ummm...not every revolution fails. Some are righteous.
1776?

When actual revolutions remove the established authority, extremists fill the void and impact the entire social order; disorder and a great loss of liberty soon follows.

Every one? All the time?
LMAO..of course not..but you need to portray everything as absolute or your invented theory is exposed.

We are lucky to live in a nation which affords us so much freedom and the power of self governance. Those who clamor for rapid, revolutionary change need to slow down, least they be considered paranoid schizophrenics - which I'm convinced some of them are.

So anyone who doesn't like the course our government is taking is a "paranoid schizophrenic"..Right.. your vocabulary clearly exceeds your education.

Wouldn't it be grand if these would-be heroes of liberty started their own political party? I can't imagine it would attract many followers, for they are little different than those who walk our streets with signs saying the end is near, and have been doing so for generations.

Once again you have to invent fantasy scenarios populated with imaginary people doing contrived things in order to support your false premise.

Which end of the spectrum kept shouting about "Revolution" back in 60's?

Oh yeah, I remember.

Ironic.

Most of these kids and theoreticians weren't even alive then. All they know is what they've been told in public school.
No real life experience to draw from.

Oh yeah, I remember.

Ironic.

Most of these kids and theoreticians weren't even alive then. All they know is what they've been told in public school.
No real life experience to draw from.
Yeah, dipshit. We only know what we read, hear and see. No real life experience to draw from.

Pentagon Papers

What were your "real life experiences" that now make you want America to remain in unwinnable wars, and anyone who opposes you should be killed by violent extremist terrorism?

The set of would-be revolutionaries, given how fixated they're on violence, guns and anyone who is 'different', must have been badly damaged early in life, or so depressed by their current circumstance as to easily fall prey to the demagogues and charlatans so pervasive in America today.

You invent fantasy people operating in an imaginary world and ascribe false motives to them so you can pretend to be wise. Did you have imaginary friends when you were a child?

Revolution isn't some romantic interlude;

I don't believe anyone said it was?

ummm...not every revolution fails. Some are righteous.
1776?

Every one? All the time?
LMAO..of course not..but you need to portray everything as absolute or your invented theory is exposed.

We are lucky to live in a nation which affords us so much freedom and the power of self governance. Those who clamor for rapid, revolutionary change need to slow down, least they be considered paranoid schizophrenics - which I'm convinced some of them are.

So anyone who doesn't like the course our government is taking is a "paranoid schizophrenic"..Right.. your vocabulary clearly exceeds your education.

Wouldn't it be grand if these would-be heroes of liberty started their own political party? I can't imagine it would attract many followers, for they are little different than those who walk our streets with signs saying the end is near, and have been doing so for generations.

Once again you have to invent fantasy scenarios populated with imaginary people doing contrived things in order to support your false premise.

You cited the American revolution, a singular event in world history. Have you consider my comments in other historical revolutionary events, The French, The Russian, Spain, China, Vietnam, Cuba and those in Iran, Egypt, Libya, Syria?

Have you read the many threads which claim we live in a tyrannical country, that 'liberals' plan to take away your guns, that Obama has set up FEMA camps to lock up American citizens sans any due process? Paranoid schizophrenia maybe a bit of hyperbole, but paranoia isn't always connected with schizophrenia, and from where I sit many of the gun lovers are convinced our government is out to get them.

Who else is going to fight a revolution? Occupiers? They're too busy wiggling their fingers and not electing candidates to public office. Democrats? Democrats are half of the US power structure so they don't want a revolution. Republicans? Yes. Stupid, racist, gun-toting, Bible-waving, maniacal, "survivalist" Southern neo-Confederate Teabagger Republicans who think that Obama is a Marxist. They will be the ones who are dumb enough to try to start another civil war, just like they did last time.

And just like last time, they will claim for 100 years that it was all about "states' rights" instead of their overt racism and outdated patriarchal bullshit belief system.

Did you know the Democrat Party founded the KKK and passed all the Jim Crowe laws? They also created the liberal plantation to keep minorities under their thumb and in poverty.
Did you know that those Southern Dixiecrats became Southern Republicans, and that's why all of the racist Southern Confederate slave states are now red? Did you also know that if Abraham Lincoln saw the Republican party today, he'd put a bullet in his own head?

Did you know that? Or does history just have a liberal media bias?

Last edited:
Yeah, dipshit. We only know what we read, hear and see. No real life experience to draw from.

Sure scooter..whatever you say.

I remember the pentagon papers but thanks for the link.
It was interesting watching it all unfold. Too bad it was before your time.

What were your "real life experiences" that now make you want America to remain in unwinnable wars, and anyone who opposes you should be killed by violent extremist terrorism?

That whole (long) sentence is a strawman. You made the whole thing up, scooter.

When everyone is young and stupid they have all the answers. When you move out on your own and have to make your own way, that's when you realize that you don't know anything.
That's when you start learning.

You sound like you're fifteen, or at least you remain so mentally, and your big goal in life right now is to probably get your driver's license.

When you get to be my age, scooter, you'll realize how stupid kids sound when they try to wax philosophical.

Oh yeah, I remember.

Ironic.

"Make love, not War" seems a bit different than the rhetoric of today.

In the '60's we had a successful revolution of the kind foreseen by Jefferson. We changed the laws, enforced those laws, and succeeded in giving more Americans freedoms that they had not had up to that point. The people with the guns were the ones that opposed that revolution. The people that did the killing of others in the name of oppression of people based on the color of their hide were the ones that lost. Because the majority of Americans were sick and tired of a bunch of mentally sick people enforcing social customs from the period of slavery in this nation.

Today, the people crying revolution are the ones with the guns. And the majority of Americans are getting sick and tired of their antics, and the cost of those guns in our society. The result is going to be laws that will be enforced. And, once again, the people with the guns will lose because the rest of us are tired of their risking the lives of our children so they can have their lethal play toys, and pretend to be heros.

Sure scooter..whatever you say.

I remember the pentagon papers but thanks for the link.
It was interesting watching it all unfold. Too bad it was before your time.

That whole (long) sentence is a strawman. You made the whole thing up, scooter.

When everyone is young and stupid they have all the answers. When you move out on your own and have to make your own way, that's when you realize that you don't know anything.
That's when you start learning.

You sound like you're fifteen, or at least you remain so mentally, and your big goal in life right now is to probably get your driver's license.

When you get to be my age, scooter, you'll realize how stupid kids sound when they try to wax philosophical.

I was around for the end of WW2. And watching what is unfolding with our rightwingnuts and their 'revolution', I think we need to open an insane asylum especially for these people. To protect them against themselves.

You cited the American revolution, a singular event in world history. Have you consider my comments in other historical revolutionary events, The French, The Russian, Spain, China, Vietnam, Cuba and those in Iran, Egypt, Libya, Syria?

Of course I have..naturally, you point only to the ones that support your premise.
I used 1776 as one example of a bad government getting violently replaced by a better government. Fast forward 240 years and we're right back where we started. Corruption, and oppression are the reasons this one is failing.

History is littered with the wreckage of failed governments. It happens all the time. Nothing unusual. Sometimes the new govt is good..sometimes it collapses, too...So what? That's how the real world (and human beings) work.

Have you read the many threads which claim we live in a tyrannical country, that 'liberals' plan to take away your guns, that Obama has set up FEMA camps to lock up American citizens sans any due process? Paranoid schizophrenia maybe a bit of hyperbole, but paranoia isn't always connected with schizophrenia, and from where I sit many of the gun lovers are convinced our government is out to get them.

Well, if you think the government is well run by honest people who only have the well being of the country and citizens at heart....I just don't know what to tell you.

If you really think "your" party is better than the "other" party..or "your" favorite politician is "better" than "theirs"..LMAO..

If you really think this country will be able to "vote" our way to prosperity by electing some more politicians...All I can say is I think you've been duped.
The 2 party system is good for political theater...but not a good way to run a country.

Oh yeah, I remember.

Ironic.

"Make love, not War" seems a bit different than the rhetoric of today.

In the '60's we had a successful revolution of the kind foreseen by Jefferson. We changed the laws, enforced those laws, and succeeded in giving more Americans freedoms that they had not had up to that point. The people with the guns were the ones that opposed that revolution. The people that did the killing of others in the name of oppression of people based on the color of their hide were the ones that lost. Because the majority of Americans were sick and tired of a bunch of mentally sick people enforcing social customs from the period of slavery in this nation.

Today, the people crying revolution are the ones with the guns. And the majority of Americans are getting sick and tired of their antics, and the cost of those guns in our society. The result is going to be laws that will be enforced. And, once again, the people with the guns will lose because the rest of us are tired of their risking the lives of our children so they can have their lethal play toys, and pretend to be heros.

Yes, both ends of the political spectrum will claim that their complaints were justified and that those of the other end were not.

Unfortunately, those on both ends have most of the energy in the parties and therefore make the most noise.

The rest of us can only witness the carnage.

No, the Koch brothers are 78 and 74. They'll be dead soon enough and their nutty political agenda will die with them.

Care to elaborate? What is their "nutty political agenda"?

That would be a balanced budget, reasonable taxes, and following the Constitution for the most part.

Do you mean this?:

1942_USDA.jpg

Do you want a more balanced budget? Quit spending $20b+ per year to arrest Americans for producing marijuana and trillions more to go to war for what "marihuana" can produce. Do you want reasonable taxes? Let people pay a reasonable tax to produce marijuana so that We the People can have jobs instead of prisons. Do you want to follow the Constitution? The first draft of the US Constitution was written on hemp paper and every single person who signed it was a "Producer of Marihuana".

Of course I have..naturally, you point only to the ones that support your premise.
I used 1776 as one example of a bad government getting violently replaced by a better government. Fast forward 240 years and we're right back where we started. Corruption, and oppression are the reasons this one is failing.

History is littered with the wreckage of failed governments. It happens all the time. Nothing unusual. Sometimes the new govt is good..sometimes it collapses, too...So what? That's how the real world (and human beings) work.

Well, if you think the government is well run by honest people who only have the well being of the country and citizens at heart....I just don't know what to tell you.

If you really think "your" party is better than the "other" party..or "your" favorite politician is "better" than "theirs"..LMAO..

If you really think this country will be able to "vote" our way to prosperity by electing some more politicians...All I can say is I think you've been duped.
The 2 party system is good for political theater...but not a good way to run a country.

I wasn't speaking to "fallen governments" which seem obvious to anyone with some knowledge of history, I cited violent revolutions and civil wars. That you choose to deny the many threads which glorify armed resistance to our democratically elected government is dishonest and clouds everything else you post.

I get it. You live on "Federally occupied lands" and your values - so to speak - are not supported by the two major parties; you seem to believe you have a better way/idea/form of governance, but like every other self defined 'independent' you seem unable to articulate what that might be.

"Ain't it awful" is your game and leads no where, only to non productive, non substantial comments and vague critiques of others. If you have something to offer beyond this, post it. I doubt very much you can.

I wasn't speaking to "fallen governments" which seem obvious to anyone with some knowledge of history, I cited violent revolutions and civil wars.

Here's a fact for you; revolutions often tend to lead to "fallen governments"

"which would seem obvious to anyone with some knowledge of history"...
LMAO..your compulsion to insult overwhelms your self control...again.......

That you choose to deny the many threads which glorify armed resistance to our democratically elected government is dishonest and clouds everything else you post.

Link to the thread where I "glorify armed resistance to our etc....blah...blah...."?

I get it. You live on "Federally occupied lands" and your values - so to speak - are not supported by the two major parties;

You can't resist that overwhelming compulsion to slip in an insult, can you?

When referring to my "values"..which you have no clue about...you use it as a vehicle to slip in the denigrating "so to speak". :doubt:

you seem to believe you have a better way/idea/form of governance,

Link to where I said "I have a better way/idea/form of governance"?
As usual you invent strawmen to beat up.

but like every other self defined 'independent' you seem unable to articulate what that might be.

"EVERY other self identified independent"?
Really?
You know every single one of them and you surveyed EVERY one of them and EVERY one of them gave you the same answer? LMAO...
I don't think you know EVERY other independent and I don't believe you know what EVERY other independent thinks/wants/believes.

I think you're exaggerating and making things up. :lol:
I can't prove it, though. LMFAO...

Here's a fact for you; revolutions often tend to lead to "fallen governments"

"which would seem obvious to anyone with some knowledge of history"...
LMAO..your compulsion to insult overwhelms your self control...again.......

Link to the thread where I "glorify armed resistance to our etc....blah...blah...."?

You can't resist that overwhelming compulsion to slip in an insult, can you?

When referring to my "values"..which you have no clue about...you use it as a vehicle to slip in the denigrating "so to speak". :doubt:

Link to where I said "I have a better way/idea/form of governance"?
As usual you invent strawmen to beat up.

but like every other self defined 'independent' you seem unable to articulate what that might be.

"EVERY other self identified independent"?
Really?
You know every single one of them and you surveyed EVERY one of them and EVERY one of them gave you the same answer? LMAO...
I don't think you know EVERY other independent and I don't believe you know what EVERY other independent thinks/wants/believes.

I think you're exaggerating and making things up. :lol:
I can't prove it, though. LMFAO...

Yep, everyone who critiques the two party system has no viable alternative (thus they are independents), and no specific solutions to their "ain't it awful" ubiquitous posts. Well, except for "a civil war or revolution is coming" bullshit.

As for violent revolutions leading often to fallen governments, that's obvious and thus needed no elaboration. And some governments fail at the ballot box with not a bomb thrown. The fact is some violent revolutions fail and repression still follows; rarely anything good comes out of such actions to benefit the many. See Egypt, Libya, Syria for current examples.

No revolution (spiritual or otherwise) will or is taking place in America. Most realize we have it too good. The vocal minority will continue to get more vocal but when push comes to shove, they'll be left alone to "fight" by those more level-headed than themselves. And when they realize they are all alone...they will go back to their keyboards and try to stir up more hate.

Tale as old as time....
Tune as old as song...

That's what the greeks said.
That's what the romans said.
That's what the french said.
That's what the russians said.
That's what the british said.
etc...etc...etc...

History is littered with the wreckage of governments that said "no revolution will or is taking place."

Of course it is...

And in Greece, you have a government that is absolutely what the people want, right?
And in Rome, you had a government that is absolutely what the people want, right?
And in France, you have a government that is absolutely what the people want, right?
And in Russia, you have a government that is absolutely what the people want, right?
And in Britain, you have a government that is absolutely what the people want, right?

The point is that the "revolution" usually yields clowns with different make-up on but whom are still clowns.

If you gave these gun idiots everything they wanted today, tomorrow they'd want something different when they realize they had bad ideas at root. Hence the current government where nearly everybody is a bit at odds with the powers that be is likely the best a civilized society can hope for.

I'm pretty sure what the gun idiots really want is no government and they can be the rulers of their own little 4 room houses with their pistols by their side. Basically it comes down to a society that has lost respect for those who wish to force everything at gunpoint (at worst) or simple masculine intimidation (at best). Due to this loss of respect, the dwindling power that was once enjoyed is now gone and you see this constant yammering about "revolution"--in short the 10 year old "I'm taking my ball and going home" defense mechanism.

Someone should tell them that the ball isn't theirs to take.

When you base your ego on 200+ y/o ideology and try to live in an advanced society, your ego is going to get slapped around.

No revolution (spiritual or otherwise) will or is taking place in America. Most realize we have it too good. The vocal minority will continue to get more vocal but when push comes to shove, they'll be left alone to "fight" by those more level-headed than themselves. And when they realize they are all alone...they will go back to their keyboards and try to stir up more hate.

Tale as old as time....
Tune as old as song...

That's what the greeks said.
That's what the romans said.
That's what the french said.
That's what the russians said.
That's what the british said.
etc...etc...etc...

History is littered with the wreckage of governments that said "no revolution will or is taking place."

Of course it is...

And in Greece, you have a government that is absolutely what the people want, right?
And in Rome, you had a government that is absolutely what the people want, right?
And in France, you have a government that is absolutely what the people want, right?
And in Russia, you have a government that is absolutely what the people want, right?
And in Britain, you have a government that is absolutely what the people want, right?

The point is that the "revolution" usually yields clowns with different make-up on but whom are still clowns.

If you gave these gun idiots everything they wanted today, tomorrow they'd want something different when they realize they had bad ideas at root. Hence the current government where nearly everybody is a bit at odds with the powers that be is likely the best a civilized society can hope for.

I'm pretty sure what the gun idiots really want is no government and they can be the rulers of their own little 4 room houses with their pistols by their side. Basically it comes down to a society that has lost respect for those who wish to force everything at gunpoint (at worst) or simple masculine intimidation (at best). Due to this loss of respect, the dwindling power that was once enjoyed is now gone and you see this constant yammering about "revolution"--in short the 10 year old "I'm taking my ball and going home" defense mechanism.

Someone should tell them that the ball isn't theirs to take.

When you base your ego on 200+ y/o ideology and try to live in an advanced society, your ego is going to get slapped around.

No government is eternal. Life is dynamic and it never stands still.

Revolution is the beginning and end of every form of government in history.

All the rest of your hyperpartisan gibberish, excuses, qualifications and hyperbole are meaningless.

Forum List

Back