Is Bush A Racist?

Damn it , I type too slow , I really wanted to hear what he thought of my suggestion .

Originally posted by sitarro
Shergald ,
How much ? How much does white America have to pay to take the slavery card off of the table ? 1,000 , 10,000 100,000 1,000,000 dollars for every person that had a relative sold to Europeans that settled the new world ? I would be happy to pay whatever the price to never have to listen to this pathetic excuse again and my ancestors never had a slave . In fact my ancestors had the same things happen to them at the hands of the British , the difference is they used that to make a better life for their children and generations after . They couldn't get a penny out of the British so they realized centuries ago that it was history and moved on . It is time for American Africans to move on , what is it going to cost?
I propose giving a million to every person that can prove that their ansestors were slaves . The catch will be that those same people will have to take that money and leave . Go to a place that they feel is better for them , that they can feel an allegiance to . This will no doubt be cheaper than what is happening now . Trillions have been paid already and if you listen to jerlks like Charlie Rangle his people are still in shacles . I personally see no other solution .
Do you have a better idea? [/

no way!are you crazy!i say we get rid of virtually every welfare program and go to a full privatized social security system.we need to cut,cut and when we think we have the budget small enough cut some more.i also think reparations would lead to more bad blood between the races not less.

I may just open the flood gates here...but how are African Americans hurt by slavery?

Think about it. They are now living in the freest, wealthiest nation in the world. Even the poorest among them are among the top 5% of the wealthiest people in the world. Would they rather still be living in Africa? I mean i know slavery was wrong, but because of their forefathers enslavement they are wealthy. So how are modern African american effected negatively by slavery?

Also, our forefathers already paid reparations with their blood. The most violent war in American history was fought to end slavery. why money is worth more than the lives of hundreds of thousands of Americans is beyond me.

Wow.. Cant believe I missed this one on the first go-round.

Excellent, excellent post Sitarro. You pretty much posted my exact feelings on the matter. I try to steer clear of the racists threads in this board, but my two cents are that racism IS prevalent these days, however, the majority of the racism is African Americans claiming racism, which causes racist views. I've started a few threads a while back about that exact subject matter. For instance, an adminstrator of a school in the South who proposed to change the name of the school because they considered it racist. Its ridiculous.

Whereas I'm not as extreme as Big D and other posters who look at all black people and think "criminals", I judge people on their actions alone, not as a race as a whole, I think the suggestion of this being America, we are all Americans... love it or leave it, is the best avenue to squash racist views.

Racism will never be ended until African Americans can let the days of slavery go.

Watch it Avatar,
You know that this kind of talk is not allowed . You and I and lil will all be banished to the racist room , just as you are accussed of being homophobic if you try to discuss homosexuality on any kind of intellectual level . It is all about feeling now .
I heard a guy last night on Larry Elder's show talking about his friend from Ethiopia . This guy had come to America years ago , he drove a cab to pay his way through school . He is now a doctor . He said that anything is possible in America , he calls himself an African American because although he is now an American citizen , he was born in Africa . He calls American blacks , black Americans . I thought that was an interesting take . I have never understood that with those hyphenated descriptions , Americans will always put their ancestor's country of origin before American , never though that was right.
Like I said before , my ancestors fled France and settled in Nova Scotia where they were enslavened by the British . They were beaten , raped , pilaged and eventually banished . As their families were seperated and put on different ships , they watched as their homes were burned . They eventually settled in Louisiana where they were free to cook exciting food instead of then bland , boring crap that is traditionally French cooking . I hold no animosity towards the British , nobody alive today had anything to do with my ancestors or me . Their treatment of my ancestors didn't make me want to drop out of school or become a criminal , that is the facts, no feelings .
cptpwitchita , my suggestion had a catch , those that chose to take the money would in effect denounce this country and would have to leave , I wouldn't leave America for a million dollars , would you . The people that truely want to be here and aren't the ones stuck in the distant past wouldn't take the money either . Seems like a good way to get rid of the Al Sharptons and Charlie Rangles , they don't like it here , get the hell out .
Call me a racist if you want , but my Father taught me when I was a kid to judge people by their actions , on an individual level , not by skin color of ethnicity . . . period. I'm sure that President Bush's Father taught him the same thing .

sitarro:

There is no group of americans that I am aware of, save for blacks, who feel the need to put their ancestors ethnicity in their description of themselves. I have never, ever seen the designation "Italian American" "Irish American" "Polish American" on a government form. I have, however, become immune to the label "African American". I will not use it. If I am white, they are black.

As far as slavery and reparation is concerned, hasn't there already been enough paid to them over the past century from tax dollars? Dollars that are supposed to go to everyone equally, but don't. That, to me, is enough reparation.

I will fight a war and either die or be vanquished from this country before I pay one damn cent to anyone today for the so-called evils of the past.

It is time for all people, black and white, to get the f>>> over it. My ancestors weren't here when slavery happened. I don't judge people by race alone. Do I have prejudices or natural tendencies to be with people like myself? Sure, of course. Do I treat blacks or any other minority differently in the world because of it? NOT ON YOUR LIFE. There is a difference between noticing differences, having fear of other people and consciously acting towards others with mailice. All people have the ability to play the victim or fool. Too often, ithe racial divide t's a self fulfilling prophecy.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
I may just open the flood gates here...but how are African Americans hurt by slavery?

Think about it. They are now living in the freest, wealthiest nation in the world. Even the poorest among them are among the top 5% of the wealthiest people in the world. Would they rather still be living in Africa? I mean i know slavery was wrong, but because of their forefathers enslavement they are wealthy. So how are modern African american effected negatively by slavery?

Also, our forefathers already paid reparations with their blood. The most violent war in American history was fought to end slavery. why money is worth more than the lives of hundreds of thousands of Americans is beyond me.

OK Avatar.... Let's shackle you, and enslave you. We'll whip and beat ya, and force you to work. We'll do this to you and your descendants for 400 years. Then we'll give you equality, all the while denying you true equal treatment. And at the end of the road, hey.... You don't get shit, cuz after all, you're people will now be allowed to be in the great country of the U.S. What more can you ask for?

That sounds like a good plan for you.

So what will it take to even the score, LoneVoice?

I have an idea.

Nothing will even the score, because of inherited intelligence and behavioral differences between blacks and whites. It doesn't matter how much whites say or do, blacks will always be bitter, because they'll see the disparities, but remain convinced that they must be "equal" to whites. It wasn't "slavery" that made blacks the way they are --- it was thousands of years of evolutionary difference with whites.

Racial separation is one solution.

Originally posted by William Joyce
So what will it take to even the score, LoneVoice?

I have an idea.

Nothing will even the score, because of inherited intelligence and behavioral differences between blacks and whites. It doesn't matter how much whites say or do, blacks will always be bitter, because they'll see the disparities, but remain convinced that they must be "equal" to whites. It wasn't "slavery" that made blacks the way they are --- it was thousands of years of evolutionary difference with whites.

All that is ultimately wanted is to remove the barriers to equal treatment in America. Where all people truly have access to the American dream based on their merits. That's the true American dream as designed by the Constitution. We can start by simply acknowledging that their have been numerous historical racist and unequal policies that have greatly affected the current standings in America. The removal of those barriers requires looking at the total picture and determining what's the best course for resolution.

You can start by acknowledging that on some issues there is an oppressive majority, which inherently installs policies that denies equality ideals. Engage in the inquiry of what is at the root of those oppressive majority tendencies. Why have Jim Crow laws been utilized as a part of American policy from that oppressive majority? Why have there been numerous instances of glass ceilings for minorities, women, ...? What is it, that keeps these people blind to their oppression, while their in the midst of doing it? Yet, later generations can often see it clearly only when they look back to the past (i.e. slavery, Jim Crow, non-equality for women and other minorities).

Ultimately there are two sides to any issue. Just be aware when the side you take, serves to ultimately oppress one group of Americans, resulting in inequalities. And be aware when the side you take serves to open the doors to equality for people of all walks of life.

Originally posted by LoneVoice
All that is ultimately wanted is to remove the barriers to equal treatment in America. Where all people truly have access to the American dream based on their merits. That's the true American dream as designed by the Constitution. We can start by simply acknowledging that their have been numerous historical racist and unequal policies that have greatly affected the current standings in America. The removal of those barriers requires looking at the total picture and determining what's the best course for resolution.

You can start by acknowledging that on some issues there is an oppressive majority, which inherently installs policies that denies equality ideals. Engage in the inquiry of what is at the root of those oppressive majority tendencies. Why have Jim Crow laws been utilized as a part of American policy from that oppressive majority? Why have there been numerous instances of glass ceilings for minorities, women, ...? What is it, that keeps these people blind to their oppression, while their in the midst of doing it? Yet, later generations can often see it clearly only when they look back to the past (i.e. slavery, Jim Crow, non-equality for women and other minorities).

Ultimately there are two sides to any issue. Just be aware when the side you take, serves to ultimately oppress one group of Americans, resulting in inequalities. And be aware when the side you take serves to open the doors to equality for people of all walks of life.

Blah blah blah. Utter communist trash. Every inequality in life is due to conscious and intentional discrimination. Bullshit. Your head is full of lies and garbage.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Blah blah blah. Utter communist trash. Every inequality in life is due to conscious and intentional discrimination. Bullshit. Your head is full of lies and garbage.

Why don't you try responding with logic? I know you're not used to it, but at least you can try....

Why don't you try responding with logic? I know you're not used to it, but at least you can try....

Ok. Your assertion and apparent belief that all inequalities are due to intentional discrimination and immorality is false.

Equality of outcome by any means necessary is a communist perversion of morality.

Ok. Your assertion and apparent belief that all inequalities are due to intentional discrimination and immorality is false.

Equality of outcome by any means necessary is a communist perversion of morality.

We're not talking about equality of means.... I've never said redistribute wealth.

We're talking about equality of access... So that people can perform based on their merits.

For example.... You know... maybe there are some places where women can't compete equally with men.

But... They should have the same access to those positions. If they can prove themselves based on merit, then fine.

That's the ultimate point.

Currently minorities don't have the same access...

We're not talking about equality of means.... I've never said redistribute wealth.

We're talking about equality of access... So that people can perform based on their merits.

If you mean affirmative action your talking about racial discrimination. Do you mean on their merits, or on what their merits "would be if only..." What concretely do you propose to do about the injustices of the world? Racial oppression of whites, confiscatory income tax rates? What exactly.

RWA I have to agree with lone on this subject. Minorities in this country especially blacks have always had the cards stacked against them whether through law or subconcious racism. This is well documented throughout American history especially the 20th century. You can only acknowledge this fact has it really is sort of unarguable, that is unless you subscribe to Willie and D's theory that their is nothing they can do because they are all half retarded.

Originally posted by OCA
RWA I have to agree with lone on this subject. Minorities in this country especially blacks have always had the cards stacked against them whether through law or subconcious racism. This is well documented throughout American history especially the 20th century. You can only acknowledge this fact has it really is sort of unarguable, that is unless you subscribe to Willie and D's theory that their is nothing they can do because they are all half retarded.

What do you agree with? Lots of people had had decks stacked against them before. People overcome. And they will. The improvements here since the fifties are staggering by an honest measure.

So what are you advocating exactly. Are you for affirmative action, discrimination against whites. Where do you feel you disagree with me?

If you mean affirmative action your talking about racial discrimination. Do you mean on their merits, or on what their merits "would be if only..." What concretely do you propose to do about the injustices of the world? Racial oppression of whites, confiscatory income tax rates? What exactly.

As for myself I don't believe in affirmative action or quotas I would just like to see the right person for the job no matter color, economic status etc. etc. Also if a person could prove that they were not hired for a job based on discrimination but could also prove they were ultimately qualified for the job then they would have a case. None of this i'm a dumbass and wasn't hired because of my color not because i'm a dumbass.

Forum List

Back