Is Facebook anti Free Speech?

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
I was responding to a political post my "X" posted on Facebook, she's quite liberal. All sorts of liberal media extreme views and out and out lies towards Republicans.

I posted several messages and presented my opposing point of view with humor, facts and respectful reasoning. Each time my messages were removed.

It was kinda fun messing with them...:lol:

My conclusion, "Facebook" is a bastion of liberal free speech but suppresses conservative freedom of speech. Un-American from my perspective.

Last edited:
I was responding to a political post my "X" posted on Facebook, she's quite liberal. All sorts of liberal media extreme views and out and out lies towards Republicans.

I posted several messages and presented my opposing point of view with humor, facts and respectful reasoning. Each time my messages were removed.

My conclusion, "Facebook" is a bastion of liberal free speech but suppresses conservative freedom of speech. Un-American from my perspective.

Your 'conclusion' is ignorant idiocy, as First Amendment restrictions apply only to government, not to private individuals or private companies such as Facebook, where private companies can't 'violate' free speech.

Your 'conclusion' is ignorant idiocy, as First Amendment restrictions apply only to government, not to private individuals or private companies such as Facebook, where private companies can't 'violate' free speech.

The USMB controls speech correct..

You are a moron .. end of story..:lol:

Last edited:
Sorry Lump...

If Cons had their way everything would be labeled as some giant conspiracy against them. I don't think Mark Zuckerburg deleted your posts on Obama's orders.

Try harder to follow along .. but .. I do find it interesting you thought of Obama and limiting free speech.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

That means she deleted your comments, not Facebook.

I do find it interesting you thought of Obama and limiting free speech.

Lol why? Obama is personally behind every one of your problems right? You could have said you're ex stepped on your foot at the zoo and I would've made an Obama joke :laugh:

I don't have many problems just valid points of view.

You threw up Obama all over the thread .. pecker head.. :beer:

That means she deleted your comments, not Facebook.

It does sound familiar .. no wonder she's "X" ..:lol:

FB is used by morons who don't think the shit they post will ever be seen by their children. That aside it is a private company thus not subject to free speech rules. What was your point again?

I've never had that happen to me. I have been just as critical of Obama on FaceBook as I am here. Perhaps your ex is deleting them or she is complaining to FB?

FB is used by morons who don't think the shit they post will ever be seen by their children. That aside it is a private company thus not subject to free speech rules. What was your point again?

You post there often I guess.

It's this question, "Is Facebook anti Free Speech?"

If you can't follow along, you ought to cut back on the drugs, alcohol and maybe get some sleep.

If you can't follow along, you ought to cut back on the drugs, alcohol and maybe get some sleep.

I'll bet your ex deleted the posts, not FB.

I'll bet your ex deleted the posts, not FB.

As it turns out she did, I asked, I haven't posted there often enough to know the rules...:eusa_doh:

A FB friend of mine regularly posts liberal stuff. I responded once with facts that directly contradicted what he said. He deleted my post from his wall.

It's not FB, it's liberals who are afraid of differing views and who believe if they can't see it, it doesn't exist.

A FB friend of mine regularly posts liberal stuff. I responded once with facts that directly contradicted what he said. He deleted my post from his wall.

It's not FB, it's liberals who are afraid of differing views and who believe if they can't see it, it doesn't exist.

Or maybe you just don't get the idea of what Facebook is for.

Facebook is for cute kitten pictures and updates on your vacation. No one wants to hear tired political diatribes on facebook from either side.

I do have a friend who does this, usually repeating whatever spew he's heard on Hate Radio. And it's often fun eviscerating him.

Facebook is a Big Government Crony which supports the suppression of free speech for anyone who opposes the Big Government agenda.

It's important to remember that Facebook users ARE NOT CUSTOMERS...they are products whose personal information is sold to others.

Or maybe you just don't get the idea of what Facebook is for.

Facebook is for cute kitten pictures and updates on your vacation. No one wants to hear tired political diatribes on facebook from either side.

I do have a friend who does this, usually repeating whatever spew he's heard on Hate Radio. And it's often fun eviscerating him.

Of course as usual you are dead wrong.

I have been posting political rants on Facebook ever since, well, since MySpace actually. When Obama won the election in 2008 I sad that's it! I give up! The voters are idiots we are screwed. Almost everyone, even those who never replied or even "liked" any of my posts practically begged me not to. Many tell me that I'm their only source of political news.

You are consistently wrong, but at least you are consistent.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Forum List

Back