Is gay marriage the most important issue in the USA?

Whiff again. Gay government marriage in California was created by the courts the first time as well, Skippy

It was not "created" by the Judicature; but, Eureka-ed by them; A person may not be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law or denied equal protection of the laws;

Such laws by a legislature are Bills of Attainder.

Right, fortunately in this country gays have the exact same rights as anyone else. Well, until now. Unlike the rest of us, instead of convincing anyone they get to run to the judiciary to get what they want by criminal decree
how is recognizing their natural rights a criminal decree?
What is a natural right in regards to homosexuality or the act of homosexuality ?

Read Lawrence v. Texas.

I'm against gay sex sodomy laws, but there was zero legitimate Constitutional basis for that ruling

how is recognizing their natural rights a criminal decree?
What is a natural right in regards to homosexuality or the act of homosexuality ?
A better term would be inalienable right as opposed to 'natural'; an inalienable right can be neither taken nor bestowed by any government, constitution, or man.

In the case of gay Americans, it concerns the right to due process and equal protection of the law, where the states may not seek to disadvantage gay Americans through force of law predicated solely on who gay Americans are.

Another fundamental, inalienable right is that of choice, where the substantive component of the 14th Amendment prohibits the state from denying citizens their right to make personal, private decisions with regard to the conduct of one's life: whom to love or marry, whether to have a child or not, and decisions pertaining to how to raise one's child – these and other like matters are immune from attack by the state.

When government is based on negative rights, that is true. Negative rights do not infringe on other's rights.

But you are advocating positive rights. To call that "choice" is retarded, you are advocating one's rights over another. To refer to that as "rights" at all is an oxymoron

Negative rights vs. positive rights--would you provide examples, s'il vous plait.

You know you're on the internet

Negative and positive rights - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Negative rights are the right to be left alone. Free speech, protection from someone breaking into your house, ...

Positive rights are the so called right to demand things from others. The right to housing, healthcare, paper saying you are married to someone, the right to force someone to bake you a cake...

Negative rights are applied to all equally, we all have the right to be left alone from others.

Not so with positive rights. Positive rights infringe on the rights of others, by definition. So a system of positive rights is a system where one group of citizens screw another. You know, like the Democratic party constantly demands

Positive rights are disparaged by those who think the right to deny others equal rights is a legitimate right.

I am against judicial tyranny destroying more and more of the constitution so homosexuals can lie to themselves that this will make them normal.

Except in the case of marriage equality, the Constitution is being upheld...specifically the 14th Amendment.

Y'all are cute when you're shrill and losing though.
Hey stupid homosexuality is a choice.

A better term would be inalienable right as opposed to 'natural'; an inalienable right can be neither taken nor bestowed by any government, constitution, or man.

In the case of gay Americans, it concerns the right to due process and equal protection of the law, where the states may not seek to disadvantage gay Americans through force of law predicated solely on who gay Americans are.

Another fundamental, inalienable right is that of choice, where the substantive component of the 14th Amendment prohibits the state from denying citizens their right to make personal, private decisions with regard to the conduct of one's life: whom to love or marry, whether to have a child or not, and decisions pertaining to how to raise one's child – these and other like matters are immune from attack by the state.

When government is based on negative rights, that is true. Negative rights do not infringe on other's rights.

But you are advocating positive rights. To call that "choice" is retarded, you are advocating one's rights over another. To refer to that as "rights" at all is an oxymoron

Negative rights vs. positive rights--would you provide examples, s'il vous plait.

You know you're on the internet

Negative and positive rights - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Negative rights are the right to be left alone. Free speech, protection from someone breaking into your house, ...

Positive rights are the so called right to demand things from others. The right to housing, healthcare, paper saying you are married to someone, the right to force someone to bake you a cake...

Negative rights are applied to all equally, we all have the right to be left alone from others.

Not so with positive rights. Positive rights infringe on the rights of others, by definition. So a system of positive rights is a system where one group of citizens screw another. You know, like the Democratic party constantly demands

Positive rights are disparaged by those who think the right to deny others equal rights is a legitimate right.

Do you know what you just said is gibberish? I'm thinking you don't

I am against judicial tyranny destroying more and more of the constitution so homosexuals can lie to themselves that this will make them normal.

Except in the case of marriage equality, the Constitution is being upheld...specifically the 14th Amendment.

When did you realize you wanted to suck a guys cock?

Even if it were true that sexual orientation is a choice (it's not), that is not a response. Religion is a choice and yet if you tried to say that Protestants couldn't marry, you'd run afoul of the Constitution, wouldn't you?

You do love the playground insults

Even if it were true that sexual orientation is a choice (it's not), that is not a response. Religion is a choice and yet if you tried to say that Protestants couldn't marry, you'd run afoul of the Constitution, wouldn't you?

What a ridiculous analogy. Fuck your brains out with a chick, I don't give a shit. Just stop using it as a chance to stick your hand in other people's wallets. Have non-reproductive sex on your own dime

Religious practice is constitutionally protected while marriage is not it is left up to the individual state to manage as it should be. Just because you are angry at being such a vile person no man would fuck you doesn't give you the right to make all of us suffer

When did you make your decision?
So you are saying homosexuals are a deformity?

When did you realize you wanted to suck a guys cock?/QUOTE]

Yes... Isn't wild how every human being is capable of having sexual urges for those of the same sex... And only the mentally disordered are sufficiently pitiful to succumb to the rationalization that doing so doesn't make one a 'bad person'?

Religious practice is constitutionally protected while marriage is not it is left up to the individual state to manage as it should be. Just because you are angry at being such a vile person no man would fuck you doesn't give you the right to make all of us suffer

Polygamy was a Mormon religious practice. Why didn't it get constitutional protection?

What a ridiculous analogy. Fuck your brains out with a chick, I don't give a shit. Just stop using it as a chance to stick your hand in other people's wallets. Have non-reproductive sex on your own dime

Heterosexuals have non-reproductive sex 'on your dime' all the time, based on your reasoning.

Why do you give them a pass? Other than because you're a bigot.

Polygamy was a Mormon religious practice. Why didn't it get constitutional protection?
Idiot it wasn't just Mormons doing it
Also it wasn't in thier religion to have many wives. That is a myth.

Heterosexuals have non-reproductive sex 'on your dime' all the time, based on your reasoning.

Why do you give them a pass? Other than because you're a bigot.

Swish, missed my OP post again, that isn't what I said.

And not wanting to give people tax breaks to mate when they can't reproduce is being a "bigot." Noted

Forum List

Back