Is God Punishing Haiti?

Pat Robertson Blames Earthquake on Pact Haitians Made with Satan - Political Punch

On the Christian Broadcasting Network’s “700 Club” today, after a lengthy interview with a missionary who talked about helping the victims earthquake in Haiti, Rev. Pat Robertson had some interesting thoughts as to why the earthquake struck the impoverished nation:

"And you know, Kristi, something happened a long time ago in Haiti, and people might not want to talk about it.

“They were under the heel of the French, uh, you know Napoleon the 3rd and whatever, and they got together and swore a pact to the Devil.

“They said, 'We will serve you if you'll get us free from the French.'

“True story.

“And so the Devil said, 'Okay, it's a deal.’

“And, uh, they kicked the French out, you know, with Haitians revolted and got themselves free.

“But ever since they have been cursed by, by one thing after another, desperately poor.

No wonder why Pat Robinson lost all his influence over politicians...what a douche

President George W Bush told Palestinian ministers that God had told him to invade Afghanistan and Iraq - and create a Palestinian State, a new BBC series reveals.

In Elusive Peace: Israel and the Arabs, a major three-part series on BBC TWO (at 9.00pm on Monday 10, Monday 17 and Monday 24 October), Abu Mazen, Palestinian Prime Minister, and Nabil Shaath, his Foreign Minister, describe their first meeting with President Bush in June 2003.

Nabil Shaath says: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq …" And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And by God I'm gonna do it.'"

Abu Mazen was at the same meeting and recounts how President Bush told him: "I have a moral and religious obligation. So I will get you a Palestinian state."

BBC - Press Office - George Bush on Elusive Peace

And who really gives a fuck how Robertson believes, what he says, or how he sees others?

Couldn't agree more. Robertson is a right wing religious loon who has come out with some of the most outrageous crap I've ever heard. I could care less what he thinks or says. Guy seriously needs some counseling. God willing of course.

Last edited:
God is not punishing Haiti. Instead, God is testing Haiti's faith as God has tested the fiat of many of his Believers. Like Job in the past, God wishes to show all the faithful the weakness in their beliefs and misunderstanding of scripture. So God brought Haiti to the attention of Satan and told Satan to cause great and devastating Diasters on his flock. To rend and shred any live stock or Facility until the Haitians are without edible food and drinkale water. To spred Disease and Starvation in order to identify the truly faithful from the liars that clings to the flocks.

God doe not punish people on earth because they are not faithful, but he test the faithful to show them that thy need more faith in order to access the paradise that is heaven.

(That is right--believers are suppose to suffer in order to strenghten their faith!! That is why Haiti was hit. Are you not glad that America lacks the Faith of Haiti??)

There is no such thing as god. How pathetic.

What if tyhere is a god. How would you explain the disaster facing Haiti, hmmm

A rare disaster? A typical Earthquake ? A natural Phenomenon?

Those answers are what nonbelivers use to quiet the begging quetions in their souls to the one and only God!! Praise the lord, rdean. Or you will descend to H.E.L.L.!!

(I guess I better stop playing the delusional believer before I actually start angering some folks:tongue:)

...............and I think God is also punishing 'Murkastan for listening to scumbag idiot Nazi's like Pat.....and their voting habits over the last 40 years.

Pat Robertson Blames Earthquake on Pact Haitians Made with Satan - Political Punch

On the Christian Broadcasting Network’s “700 Club” today, after a lengthy interview with a missionary who talked about helping the victims earthquake in Haiti, Rev. Pat Robertson had some interesting thoughts as to why the earthquake struck the impoverished nation:

"And you know, Kristi, something happened a long time ago in Haiti, and people might not want to talk about it.

“They were under the heel of the French, uh, you know Napoleon the 3rd and whatever, and they got together and swore a pact to the Devil.

“They said, 'We will serve you if you'll get us free from the French.'

“True story.

“And so the Devil said, 'Okay, it's a deal.’

“And, uh, they kicked the French out, you know, with Haitians revolted and got themselves free.

“But ever since they have been cursed by, by one thing after another, desperately poor.

The devil?

Not so bad. Most conservatives worship Pat Robertson.

That's repugnant.

No. It's YOU who is repugnant. Your CLAIM is just dishonest and completely baseless.

Where is the "well" in condemning Haitians?

Point out where he condemned the Haitians. From what I've read he's stating his opinion on why Haiti is in the condition its in. Haiti's pact with the Devil is not something he just made up.

Well, he never said "I condemn you. I condemn you. I condemn you." I'll admit that. But when someone like him mentions "deal with the devil" he's not talking about a game show.

Worse, the whole thing may never have happened.

Bois Caïman (Haitian Creole: Bwa Kayiman) is the purported site of the Vodou ceremony presided over by Dutty Boukman on August 14, 1791. It is widely accepted as the starting point for the Haitian Revolution. Some scholars, however, have deemphasized the role of the Bois Caïman ceremony in sparking the Haitian revolution or have even gone so far as to question whether the event even took place.

Bois Caïman

Why would a charlatan like Robertson mention it if he didn't want to get some fire and brimstone from it?

I do not believe that most conservatives worship Robertson, just that they support him and what he represents.

And how does one come up with that conclusion? Could it be from all of the people who watch the 700 club and put it at the top of the cable ratings for it's time slot every night?

Really? Most conservatives I know don't listen, nor care what Robertson says...ever.

-TSO

REmember when he ran for President as a Republican? And got a fair number of votes in some areas?

I wonder if anyone on here voted for him?

Uhhh... nope.. was a registered DEM at that time... out of my pure ignorance.. and with that ignorance cast my vote for Dukakis in both the primary and the Presidential general election

The inference being, "If I had known he had this much insight, I would have voted for Pat Robertson". Imagine, a president with a direct line to God.

Millions of right wing conservatives

REmember when he ran for President as a Republican? And got a fair number of votes in some areas?

yeah, he won washington state and then dropped out before the primaries had ended.

he was a fucking juggernaut.

:rofl:

If he ran today with the current Republican Party and their support for the Palin's and the Huckabee's, he would probably have been the nominee over McCain.

yeah, he won washington state and then dropped out before the primaries had ended.

he was a fucking juggernaut.

:rofl:

If he ran today with the current Republican Party and their support for the Palin's and the Huckabee's, he would probably have been the nominee over McCain.

seek professional help.

President George W Bush told Palestinian ministers that God had told him to invade Afghanistan and Iraq - and create a Palestinian State, a new BBC series reveals.

In Elusive Peace: Israel and the Arabs, a major three-part series on BBC TWO (at 9.00pm on Monday 10, Monday 17 and Monday 24 October), Abu Mazen, Palestinian Prime Minister, and Nabil Shaath, his Foreign Minister, describe their first meeting with President Bush in June 2003.

Nabil Shaath says: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq …" And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And by God I'm gonna do it.'"

Abu Mazen was at the same meeting and recounts how President Bush told him: "I have a moral and religious obligation. So I will get you a Palestinian state."

BBC - Press Office - George Bush on Elusive Peace

“As I walked around the circle, I prayed that our troops be safe, be protected by the Almighty. Going into this period, I was praying for strength to do the Lord's will. I'm surely not going to justify war based upon God. Understand that. Nevertheless, in my case, I pray that I be as good a messenger of his will as possible. And then, of course, I pray for forgiveness."
George Bush

Forum List

Back