Is God Punishing Haiti?

The republicans have their Robertson, and the democrats have their John "Can I get me a huntin license here?" Kerry. But the "huntin man" did get the nomination, that is just too funny. :lol:

Where is the "well" in condemning Haitians?

Point out where he condemned the Haitians. From what I've read he's stating his opinion on why Haiti is in the condition its in. Haiti's pact with the Devil is not something he just made up.

Well, he never said "I condemn you. I condemn you. I condemn you." I'll admit that. But when someone like him mentions "deal with the devil" he's not talking about a game show.

Worse, the whole thing may never have happened.

Bois Caïman (Haitian Creole: Bwa Kayiman) is the purported site of the Vodou ceremony presided over by Dutty Boukman on August 14, 1791. It is widely accepted as the starting point for the Haitian Revolution. Some scholars, however, have deemphasized the role of the Bois Caïman ceremony in sparking the Haitian revolution or have even gone so far as to question whether the event even took place.

Bois Caïman

Why would a charlatan like Robertson mention it if he didn't want to get some fire and brimstone from it?

You, yourself acknowledge that the pact may have been made. There is no empirical evidence (that I've seen) either way, so basically its up to what a person believes. Perhaps Pat mentioned it because he believes the pact to have been made and he's entitled to that belief just as you are entitled to not believe it. What I don't get is why pat Robertson's opinion on anything stirs up so much contempt.

Point out where he condemned the Haitians. From what I've read he's stating his opinion on why Haiti is in the condition its in. Haiti's pact with the Devil is not something he just made up.

Well, he never said "I condemn you. I condemn you. I condemn you." I'll admit that. But when someone like him mentions "deal with the devil" he's not talking about a game show.

Bois Caïman (Haitian Creole: Bwa Kayiman) is the purported site of the Vodou ceremony presided over by Dutty Boukman on August 14, 1791. It is widely accepted as the starting point for the Haitian Revolution. Some scholars, however, have deemphasized the role of the Bois Caïman ceremony in sparking the Haitian revolution or have even gone so far as to question whether the event even took place.

Bois Caïman

Why would a charlatan like Robertson mention it if he didn't want to get some fire and brimstone from it?

You, yourself acknowledge that the pact may have been made. There is no empirical evidence (that I've seen) either way, so basically its up to what a person believes. Perhaps Pat mentioned it because he believes the pact to have been made and he's entitled to that belief just as you are entitled to not believe it. What I don't get is why pat Robertson's opinion on anything stirs up so much contempt.

Why he stirs up such contempt?

Because he is a contemptable petty little man who spews fear and hatred while claiming to be a follower of Jesus.

Really how different is Roberson's comments compared to those who blamed the US for 9/11?

Because he is a contemptable petty little man who spews fear and hatred while claiming to be a follower of Jesus.

That's your opinion. Oblige me with some examples of him spewing hatred.

I'd say God is nurturing the people of Haiti.

We grow through our trials and tribulations and with growth comes growing pains. This earthquake is God's love for the people of Haiti being manifested through those trials.

Immie

Blaming 911 and Katrina on Gays and such?

Just watch the guy a bit you will learn.
Good to watch him at a party and every time he says liberals have a shot.
A pretty fast drunk.

A pretty fast drunk.

Can you be more specific? Exactly what did he say about 911 and Katrina that in your opinion was hateful. You're making the claim now show some direct quotes. I never watch the guy but you seem to, why would you watch someone that you believe spews hatred? That says a lot about you, don't it.

A pretty fast drunk.

Can you be more specific? Exactly what did he say about 911 and Katrina that in your opinion was hateful. You're making the claim now show some direct quotes. I never watch the guy but you seem to, why would you watch someone that you believe spews hatred? That says a lot about you, don't it.

Should not one know his enemy?

A pretty fast drunk.

Nobody who has read the drivel he posts expects any honesty from usshitizen.

shame on you mother fucker, for "politicizing" this tragic event.

The topic of discussion is Mr Robertson and I am afraid he is fair game for his statements

No doubt... but then your hackery leads you to leap to put in a statement that his types of statements are supported by 'millions' of 'conservatives'.... that is where your winger hackery shows itself once again...

Lets see...

The viewers of the 700 Club are liberals or conservatives?

Pat Robertson ran for President under which political party?

If the shoe fits?

A pretty fast drunk.

Well your mommy sure named you right :)
How many time have you been back to the nest?

I wonder if anyone on here voted for him?

Uhhh... nope.. was a registered DEM at that time... out of my pure ignorance.. and with that ignorance cast my vote for Dukakis in both the primary and the Presidential general election

The inference being, "If I had known he had this much insight, I would have voted for Pat Robertson". Imagine, a president with a direct line to God.

And the winger leaps and misses again...

The one thing I know I would not have done was vote for Dukakis and I would have got out of the DEM party sooner

Cough.. Rev Wright.. cough.. Al Sharpton... cough

yet I don't see you bringing up contempt for their statements

meanwhile.. don't really see us 'righties' defending old Robertson here... matter of fact, pretty much the opposite or just ignoring the unimportant preacherman

A pretty fast drunk.

Should not one know his enemy?

Your claiming Pat is your enemy. That doesn't sound hateful, does it? I admire how tolerant the left is. :doubt:

The topic of discussion is Mr Robertson and I am afraid he is fair game for his statements

No doubt... but then your hackery leads you to leap to put in a statement that his types of statements are supported by 'millions' of 'conservatives'.... that is where your winger hackery shows itself once again...

Lets see...

The viewers of the 700 Club are liberals or conservatives?

Pat Robertson ran for President under which political party?

If the shoe fits?

Funny... did not really know you had the inside line as to which party all 700 club viewers belonged to... can you please cite or link to those statistics?

REP party.. and last I heard.. not all REPs were conservatives.. yet you tried to lump 'millions' of 'conservatives' into being a group that shares the ideas and supports the statements of this preacherman...

If the straitjacket fits

Well your mommy sure named you right :)
How many time have you been back to the nest?

And you chose a dishonest uername, shitizen.

If, by "nest," you are alluding to that former Board, the question is irrelevant.

No surprise.

Most of the shit you spew is irrelevant.

Cough.. Rev Wright.. cough.. Al Sharpton... cough

yet I don't see you bringing up contempt for their statements

meanwhile.. don't really see us 'righties' defending old Robertson here... matter of fact, pretty much the opposite or just ignoring the unimportant preacherman

I have brought up contempt for those you mentioned. Just not on here.
You were not on the other boards I have been on I guess.

Forum List

Back