🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is Israel the Same as South Africa?

P F Tinmore, et al,

Sorry, I misunderstood what you wanted.

The United Nations Global Counter-Terrorism Strategy was adopted by Member States on 8 September 2006. The strategy said:
We resolve to undertake the following measures to prevent and combat terrorism, in particular by denying terrorists access to the means to carry out their attacks, to their targets and to the desired impact of their attacks:

To refrain from organizing, instigating, facilitating, participating in, financing, encouraging or tolerating terrorist activities and to take appropriate practical measures to ensure that our respective territories are not used for terrorist installations or training camps, or for the preparation or organization of terrorist acts intended to be committed against other States or their citizens.

To cooperate fully in the fight against terrorism, in accordance with our obligations under international law, in order to find, deny safe haven and bring to justice, on the basis of the principle of extradite or prosecute, any person who supports, facilitates, participates or attempts to participate in the financing, planning, preparation or perpetration of terrorist acts or provides safe havens.

SOURCE: United Nations General Assembly Adopts Global Counter Terrorism Strategy

v/r
R

OK, so how is that applicable to the Palestinians?

Like I say:

Not to worry, that question is never answered.

I don't think Abbas is a sell-out, or else he would have come to an agreement with Israel long ago.

Israel does not want an agreement. Abbas is no threat there.

Just because Israel won't kneel down to the outrageous demands of the Palestinians, doesn't mean they don't want a deal.

I think you are wrong there Toasty,the majority of Israelis want a two nation solution.....why am I the only fair and Pragmatic person on here. I know because I am theliq:cool:

P F Tinmore, et al,

I know how this plays out with you. You're going to argue that Israel is in Palestine.

The United Nations Global Counter-Terrorism Strategy was adopted by Member States on 8 September 2006. The strategy said:
We resolve to undertake the following measures to prevent and combat terrorism, in particular by denying terrorists access to the means to carry out their attacks, to their targets and to the desired impact of their attacks:

To refrain from organizing, instigating, facilitating, participating in, financing, encouraging or tolerating terrorist activities and to take appropriate practical measures to ensure that our respective territories are not used for terrorist installations or training camps, or for the preparation or organization of terrorist acts intended to be committed against other States or their citizens.

To cooperate fully in the fight against terrorism, in accordance with our obligations under international law, in order to find, deny safe haven and bring to justice, on the basis of the principle of extradite or prosecute, any person who supports, facilitates, participates or attempts to participate in the financing, planning, preparation or perpetration of terrorist acts or provides safe havens.

SOURCE: United Nations General Assembly Adopts Global Counter Terrorism Strategy

(COMMENT)

You're argument follows:

Article 13 HAMAS Covenant contention that: "Initiatives, and so-called peaceful solutions and international conferences, are in contradiction to the principles of the Islamic Resistance Movement."

Article 20 PNA Charter contention that: "The Balfour Declaration, the Palestine Mandate, and everything that has been based on them, are deemed null and void."

Article 21 PNA Charter contention that: "The Arab Palestinian people, expressing themselves by armed Palestinian revolution, reject all solutions which are substitutes for the total liberation of Palestine and reject all proposals aimed at the liquidation of the Palestinian cause, or at its internationalization."​

You don't recognize the evolution of the territorial control. So, there is no need to pursue it.

Most Respectfully,
R

I think you are wrong there Toasty,the majority of Israelis want a two nation solution.....why am I the only fair and Pragmatic person on here. I know because I am theliq:cool:

majority of Israelis want a final peace accord that includes a Palestinian State on the West Bank.

Im not sure if that includes the Palestinians having a chunk of East Jerusalem or a hundred thousand or so middle aged refugees returning to Israel.

P F Tinmore, et al,

I know how this plays out with you. You're going to argue that Israel is in Palestine.

(COMMENT)

You're argument follows:

Article 13 HAMAS Covenant contention that: "Initiatives, and so-called peaceful solutions and international conferences, are in contradiction to the principles of the Islamic Resistance Movement."

Article 20 PNA Charter contention that: "The Balfour Declaration, the Palestine Mandate, and everything that has been based on them, are deemed null and void."

Article 21 PNA Charter contention that: "The Arab Palestinian people, expressing themselves by armed Palestinian revolution, reject all solutions which are substitutes for the total liberation of Palestine and reject all proposals aimed at the liquidation of the Palestinian cause, or at its internationalization."​

You don't recognize the evolution of the territorial control. So, there is no need to pursue it.

Most Respectfully,
R

I'm sorry. I don't see how that relates to my question.

Israel does not want an agreement. Abbas is no threat there.

Just because Israel won't kneel down to the outrageous demands of the Palestinians, doesn't mean they don't want a deal.

Ok, but I never suggested otherwise ...

P F Tinmore, et al,

(COMMENT)

You're argument follows:

Most Respectfully,
R

He was thinking two steps ahead of you ;)

Israel's version of a two state solution.

Israel and Jordan.

Israel's version of a two state solution.

Israel and Jordan.

They offered 97% of the West Bank to the Palestinians in 2000 and 95% in 2008.

Hamas and many Gazans do't want peace, they want victory

They offered 97% of the West Bank to the Palestinians in 2000 and 95% in 2008.

Hamas and many Gazans do't want peace, they want victory

Liar.

Israel was to hold the Jordan Valley for more than a decade under the 2000 offer.

giving the Palestinians much less than 97%.

Tinmore, how do YOU think Rocco applies it to the Palestinians ?

Good question.

He seems to believe the Israeli version.
But, Tinnie, you believe the Arab version, which is very understandable. However, I think many of the posters and viewers appreciate the lessons that Rocco is giving us because it is obvious that he has been studying this issue a long time and if we all are honest, we will admit that we never studied this as in depth as he has. I think the viewers realize by now that you don't like to hear what he says, which also is understandable. I think the only thing that will make you happy is that if Israel ceases to exist, and the Arabs will be in charge of the entire territory which would be called the country of Palestine..

Tinmore, how do YOU think Rocco applies it to the Palestinians ?

Good question.

But, Tinnie, you believe the Arab version, which is very understandable. However, I think many of the posters and viewers appreciate the lessons that Rocco is giving us because it is obvious that he has been studying this issue a long time and if we all are honest, we will admit that we never studied this as in depth as he has. I think the viewers realize by now that you don't like to hear what he says, which also is understandable. I think the only thing that will make you happy is that if Israel ceases to exist, and the Arabs will be in charge of the entire territory which would be called the country of Palestine..

Indeed, he has the Israeli version down pat.

Sorry Rocco, nothing personal.

P F Tinmore, et al,

The Palestinians are terrorists.

(COMMENT)

You're argument follows:

Most Respectfully,
R

(COMMENT)

Your question was:

While Israel does not have any terrorist organizations today, the HoAP pledges to violate law:
"There is no solution for the Palestinian question except through Jihad."
"Armed struggle is the only way to liberate Palestine." ... ... ... the "Commando (Feday'ee) action constitutes the nucleus of the Palestinian popular liberation war."​
  • Q: OK, so how is that applicable to the Palestinians? (P F Tinmore)

The list of terrorist acts is well documented. They have a complete history of past behaviors that is indisputable, internationally and territorially; against the sovereignty of the State of Israel, on the High Seas and actions involving air piracy. They also have a history of indiscriminate rocket fire.

Both the Izz al-Din al-Qassem (terrorist wing of Hamas) and PIJ (Palestinian Islamic Jihad) are designated terrorist groups by the EU. HAMAS supports and controls the Izz al-Din al-Qassem Brigade, and the PIJ freely operated from HAMAS controlled territory; and HAMAS provides safe havens.

Most Respectfully,
R

Good question.

Tinnmore, you're being unrealistic as well as childlike. If you paid attention to Rocco you could pass 3d grade easily.

P F Tinmore, et al,

The Palestinians are terrorists.

(COMMENT)

You're argument follows:

Most Respectfully,
R

(COMMENT)

Your question was:

While Israel does not have any terrorist organizations today, the HoAP pledges to violate law:
"There is no solution for the Palestinian question except through Jihad."
"Armed struggle is the only way to liberate Palestine." ... ... ... the "Commando (Feday'ee) action constitutes the nucleus of the Palestinian popular liberation war."​
  • Q: OK, so how is that applicable to the Palestinians? (P F Tinmore)

The list of terrorist acts is well documented. They have a complete history of past behaviors that is indisputable, internationally and territorially; against the sovereignty of the State of Israel, on the High Seas and actions involving air piracy. They also have a history of indiscriminate rocket fire.

Both the Izz al-Din al-Qassem (terrorist wing of Hamas) and PIJ (Palestinian Islamic Jihad) are designated terrorist groups by the EU. HAMAS supports and controls the Izz al-Din al-Qassem Brigade, and the PIJ freely operated from HAMAS controlled territory; and HAMAS provides safe havens.

Most Respectfully,
R

Without having to go back 40 years, what terrorist acts have the Palestinians committed.

They do not attack outside their own territory.

They do not terrorize their people to influence their government's policies.

They do not attack protected persons (commonly called civilians) as defined by the Fourth Geneva Convention.

So give me a few examples.

Good question.

But, Tinnie, you have the Arab version down pat. Perhaps you were taught this in a madrassa. I still think the viewers can ascertain how much Rocco has studied this and you parrot what your other Arab friends and relatives say about Israel and the Jews. It is obvious that people like you can't bear to see an inch of land in the Middle East governed by Jews. Geez, even Mohammed said that Israel is for the Jews.

Forum List

Back