Is it ok not to vote...

The same thing Biden is doing. Splitting the country in two for political gain. Among many, many other things.

If you don't think Trump is a bad, then we're having the wrong conversation. As I've said, if you like him, vote for him. I'll respect your opinion, even if I vehemently disagree. I'm trying to reach the people who know he sucks but are letting themselves be conned into voting for him anyway.
Convince me...I'm not the only one reading this thread.

What about Trump's policies is evil?

Convince me...I'm not the only one reading this thread.

What about Trump's policies is evil?
That convo is over and done with. I'm not going to chase you around the denial bush. If you think he's a good leader, vote for him. I never will.

I'm honestly interested.
Let me just focus on why I can't vote for either Biden or Trump. The primary reason is that they are both divisive partisans with no ability, and apparently no interest, in uniting the country. They both see the office of the President as a bully pulpit to score points for their "side" in the culture war. We have this idiot notion that 51% of the vote is mandate to go hog wild with your party's agenda. That's ridiculous. Whatever goals are reached with that kind of partisan nonsense will simply be undermined by the other party at every opportunity. It gets us nowhere.

We need a President dedicated to leading the country in a way that both sides can accept (if not endorse). A President who will make a persuasive case for their agenda, and not just lean on the "elections have consequences" bullshit.

Let me just focus on why I can't vote for either Biden or Trump. The primary reason is that they are both divisive partisans with no ability, and apparently no interest, in uniting the country. They both see the office of the President as a bully pulpit to score points for their "side" in the culture war. We have this idiot notion that 51% of the vote is mandate to go hog wild with your party's agenda. That's ridiculous. Whatever goals are reached with that kind of partisan nonsense will simply be undermined by the other party at every opportunity. It gets us nowhere.

We need a President dedicated to leading the country in a way that both sides can accept (if not endorse). A President who will make a persuasive case for their agenda, and not just lean on the "elections have consequences" bullshit.
That would be nice.

But I see it differently.

Trump and Biden aren't the cause, they're the result.

We are at a fork in the road.

Conservatives want to conserve America as it is and Liberals want to remake America in their image.

What compromise is available?

That would be nice.

But I see it differently.

Trump and Biden aren't the cause, they're the result.
Agreed. There's no consensus for the left or the right. A narrow victory for one side won't change that. We need a leader who can accept that fact, and work with it - rather than launch a vendetta tour to "transform" the nation.
We are at a fork in the road.

Conservatives want to conserve America as it is and Liberals want to remake America in their image.
And neither side is going to win. We can, however, all lose if we don't get our shit together.
What compromise is available?
I don't think we should seek compromise. If we can't agree on a given policy, that policy should not be adopted. When it comes to government, we should only do the things we can agree on.

We can, however, all lose if we don't get our shit together.
I am already resigned to the truth of that statement. Unfortunately there is no viable alternative.
I don't think we should seek compromise. If we can't agree on a given policy, that policy should not be adopted. When it comes to government, we should only do the things we can agree on.
This isn't Schrodinger's box.

The border can't be secure and not secure at the same time.

We can't expand welfare and contract welfare at the same time.

We can't raise taxes and reduce taxes at the same time.

The fact is, we are, IMO, too far apart to continue together.

I am already resigned to the truth of that statement. Unfortunately there is no viable alternative.

This isn't Schrodinger's box.

The border can't be secure and not secure at the same time.

We can't expand welfare and contract welfare at the same time.

We can't raise taxes and reduce taxes at the same time.

The fact is, we are, IMO, too far apart to continue together.
Nonsense. You can move to Belgorod, but real Americans will stay and make it work.

Then why bother voting at all?
Hope springs eternal.

Perhaps we can get back on track, undermine the establishment and reduce their power. Restructure the news media via exposing their bias.

And it is working.

So there is hope.

Hope springs eternal.

Perhaps we can get back on track, undermine the establishment and reduce their power. Restructure the news media via exposing their bias.

And it is working.

So there is hope.
You raise a good point though - our elections have become proxies for civil war. It seems that, for most voters, it's not about electing a competent leader who everyone can support. It's about defeating the "other side", inflicting maximum "casualties" and thwarting their plans at all cost. Scorched earth, etc ...

You keep saying that.

What is Trump doing that is evil?

America first?

Promoting peace?

Exposing bias and corruption in the establishment media and political infrastructure?

Trying to move manufacturing back to the US?

Killing terrible trade agreements?

Where is this evil?

Be specific?

The evil is in Trumps actual record. The one you bots keep ignoring.

[...if no candidate represents your point of view on most of the important issues?

It is said that if you don't vote you have no right to complain. I think not voting is your complaint. ]

I voted once.. Nixon won. Since then, nobody has impressed me enough to bother.

Whatever you say, liberal. :rolleyes:

If post #179 wasn't enough to at least get you interested, then you're not really interested.

Seriously, how does someone with that sort of record get the GOP nomination, if they weren't a con artist?

Trump is almost exactly like a 2012 Mitt Romney. (policy wise) The GOP rejected him for being like that. But now, Trump practically owns the RNC.

Forum List

Back