Is it ok to read the Bible?

Is it ok to read the Bible?

• Yes.

Votes: 21 87.5%
  • No.

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
Here, take it in context........and note, it's only referring while in church.

33For God is not a God of disorder, but of peace. As in all the congregations of the saints, 34women are to be silent in the churches. They are not permitted to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. 35If they wish to inquire about something, they are to ask their own husbands at home; for it is dishonorable for a woman to speak in the church.…

Does this qualify?

I'm not the one saying women shouldn't speak...in church or elsewhere. I only said to take the verse in complete context cause the pic in your OP was to keep women quiet & submissive, suggesting at all times. Similar with several of the other posters comments.

As a matter of fact, I like Joyce Meyer. She's about the only one that makes any sense.

It doesn't matter what the Bible says. A lot of people have better ideas than the Bible.

Jews and Muslims would not become Christians if they read the Bible either. I think the same concept applies.

No ... I meant, both those groups share some scriptural history. Does he (or do you) show the same contempt for them as he does for Xtians?

Daniel 6:3 Then this Daniel was preferred above the presidents and princes, because an excellent spirit was in him; and the king thought to set him over the whole realm.

God loves those with an excellent spirit but hates us with a spirit of mediocrity.

Jews and Muslims would not become Christians if they read the Bible either. I think the same concept applies.

No ... I meant, both those groups share some scriptural history. Does he (or do you) show the same contempt for them as he does for Xtians?

If yes, then what?
If not, then what?

Let's just say the answer to the question is no. No, he does not show the same contempt for Muslims and Jews that he has towards Xtians. Do you have a follow up to that?

33For God is not a God of disorder, but of peace. As in all the congregations of the saints, 34women are to be silent in the churches. They are not permitted to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. 35If they wish to inquire about something, they are to ask their own husbands at home; for it is dishonorable for a woman to speak in the church.…

Does this qualify?

I'm not the one saying women shouldn't speak...in church or elsewhere. I only said to take the verse in complete context cause the pic in your OP was to keep women quiet & submissive, suggesting at all times. Similar with several of the other posters comments.

As a matter of fact, I like Joyce Meyer. She's about the only one that makes any sense.

It doesn't matter what the Bible says. A lot of people have better ideas than the Bible.

Too many of us, it does matter

Does this qualify?

Aren't a lot of the Bible verses obnoxious and contrary to modern culture?

Second Timothy 3:1-5 “But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.”
Matthew 24:10-12 “And then many will fall away and betray one another and hate one another. And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray. And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold

Wow the bible even speaks of how people would act about God in the last days. How did it know?

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

God and the Bible are one in the same. That would explain how the Bible knew since God knows everything.
Yes I know that I was just making reference how stupid people are for doubting God.

It isn't that I doubt God. It is just that God doesn't like me anymore. It is sad really.
God loves you. He is just and forgiving.

Does this qualify?

That is just it people want to change the Bible to fit them but the Bible will never change it's the same then, now,and forever.

Revelations 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

God can't stand average people. He only likes the great ones.

Does this qualify?

Not so sure about her making sense, but she makes a butt load of money from little old ladies who just don't have it to give.

Does this qualify?

No actually modern culture is obnoxious & contrary to the Bible

Does this qualify?

Not so sure about her making sense, but she makes a butt load of money from little old ladies who just don't have it to give.

2 Peter 2New Revised Standard Version, Anglicised (NRSVA)
False Prophets and Their Punishment
2 But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive opinions. They will even deny the Master who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2 Even so, many will follow their licentious ways, and because of these teachers the way of truth will be maligned. 3 And in their greed they will exploit you with deceptive words. Their condemnation, pronounced against them long ago, has not been idle, and their destruction is not asleep.

4 For if God did not spare the angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to chainsof deepest darkness to be kept until the judgement; 5 and if he did not spare the ancient world, even though he saved Noah, a herald of righteousness, with seven others, when he brought a flood on a world of the ungodly; 6 and if by turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to ashes he condemned them to extinction and made them an example of what is coming to the ungodly; 7 and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man greatly distressed by the licentiousness of the lawless 8 (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by their lawless deeds that he saw and heard), 9 then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trial, and to keep the unrighteous under punishment until the day of judgement10 —especially those who indulge their flesh in depraved lust, and who despise authority.

Bold and wilful, they are not afraid to slander the glorious ones, 11 whereas angels, though greater in might and power, do not bring against them a slanderous judgement from the Lord.12 These people, however, are like irrational animals, mere creatures of instinct, born to be caught and killed. They slander what they do not understand, and when those creatures are destroyed, they also will be destroyed, 13 suffering the penalty for doing wrong. They count it a pleasure to revel in the daytime. They are blots and blemishes, revelling in their dissipation while they feast with you.14 They have eyes full of adultery, insatiable for sin. They entice unsteady souls. They have hearts trained in greed. Accursed children! 15 They have left the straight road and have gone astray, following the road of Balaam son of Bosor, who loved the wages of doing wrong, 16 but was rebuked for his own transgression; a speechless donkey spoke with a human voice and restrained the prophet’s madness.

17 These are waterless springs and mists driven by a storm; for them the deepest darkness has been reserved.18 For they speak bombastic nonsense, and with licentious desires of the flesh they entice people who have justescaped from those who live in error.19 They promise them freedom, but they themselves are slaves of corruption; for people are slaves to whatever masters them. 20 For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world through the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overpowered, the last state has become worse for them than the first. 21 For it would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness than, after knowing it, to turn back from the holy commandment that was passed on to them. 22 It has happened to them according to the true proverb,

‘The dog turns back to its own vomit’,

and,

‘The sow is washed only to wallow in the mud.’

Does this qualify?

I know she's not like a lot of tv evangelists that are constantly asking for money & trying to guilt viewers into paying up. I haven't seen her in several years, but have watched her many times in the past. About the only time she has asked for money, was to buy her books and about half the time only asked for 'any amount' donation (instead of an outrageous $ amount)........atleast she offered something in return.

Unfortunately, little old ladies have a bad tendency to hand their money over to anyone willing to take it.

Does this qualify?

I know she's not like a lot of tv evangelists that are constantly asking for money & trying to guilt viewers into paying up. I haven't seen her in several years, but have watched her many times in the past. About the only time she has asked for money, was to buy her books and about half the time only asked for 'any amount' donation (instead of an outrageous $ amount)........atleast she offered something in return.

Unfortunately, little old ladies have a bad tendency to hand their money over to anyone willing to take it.

The best verses have all been categorized here: www.evilbible.com

I still voted yes in the poll. Usually the people that act all fanatical and stupid have never read the Bible and never plan to read it.

Indeed. If they did, they wouldn't be Christians any longer.

Pat Boone claims he has read the Bible 28 times over the last 28 years. He still claims to be a Christian.

Christians lie. A lot.

Forum List

Back