Is it time to dissolve the Department of Homeland Security?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) was formed after the horror of 9/11. The notion was we needed a new entire government department to keep America safe. Well it is clear that 22 years later, the DHS has completely abandoned their mission statement and are now dedicated to Open Borders, illegal immigrant processing, and giving the Mexican Drug Cartels a pass. I hope when Trump takes office he considers dissolving the DHS and putting that money to far better use to help keep America and Americans safe. DUMP THE DHS!!!

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) was formed after the horror of 9/11. The notion was we needed a new entire government department to keep America safe. Well it is clear that 22 years later, the DHS has completely abandoned their mission statement and are now dedicated to Open Borders, illegal immigrant processing, and giving the Mexican Drug Cartels a pass. I hope when Trump takes office he considers dissolving the DHS and putting that money to far better use to help keep America and Americans safe. DUMP THE DHS!!!
He could have done that last time around. Like he could have repealed ACA. Or the PATRIOT ACT. Trump is not a libertarian. He'll just restaff the DHS with his own goons.

Yes.

The Republicans should have never started it, in the first place. I look at it as a domestic federal military force, not under control of the military.

Shouldn't have been created in the first place, so its abolition is a no-brianer.

While we're up, let's junk TSA and the asinine Patriot Act too.

Plenty of your team voted for that monstrosity too.....Get that plank out of your own eye, Scooter...

It was a Republican administration and a Republic Congress, over reacting to 9/11 and gave us that, and the Patriot Act. Mostly because the executive branch could not order the FBI, CIA, Secret Service and other law enforcement/investigating federal agencies to work together and share information. It was and is ridiculous. And, YES. It was the Republicans that did it, under George SonovaBush.

It was a Republican administration and a Republic Congress, over reacting to 9/11 and gave us that, and the Patriot Act. Mostly because the executive branch could not order the FBI, CIA, Secret Service and other law enforcement/investigating federal agencies to work together and share information. It was and is ridiculous. And, YES. It was the Republicans that did it, under George SonovaBush.
Passing the buck for your teams complicity, as usual...Of course, when they held all the cards under Barry the Boiking, everything was not just kept in place, but abused just as I had predicted in '02.

This is why you Uniparty™ slugs turn my stomach.

It was a reasonable decision in the wake of that horrific attack on New York. I'm no fan of W but which Party created DHS is irrelevant to the topic. NOW the DHS works directly against the security of our border and our citizens. We all know it will never happen but it should be dissolved and the funding put to better use.

Passing the buck for your teams complicity, as usual...Of course, when they held all the cards under Barry the Boiking, everything was not just kept in place, but abused just as I had predicted in '02.

This is why you Uniparty™ slugs turn my stomach.
My team is the Independents, as I historically and in voter registration am Independent, so I get to vote for the candidate that suck the least at any given time. Locally, I vote for the best candidate based on know them or about them, or their family and history. State, I look at issues they tout, along with their shady practices, as we are like that here, since we had a Dem Governor selling pardons and liquor licenses, we had to jail. US Senate and Presidential, I have vote for Republicans and Democrat multiple times. Right now, the biggest threat to our country is totallitarian top down rule from Trump. This time, I will Vote Joe.

Take some Pepto Bismol. Learn to control your emotions if you have a weak stomach.
1719373989666.jpeg

Oh, Yes, this will help you, also:
1719374224378.jpeg

It was a reasonable decision in the wake of that horrific attack on New York. I'm no fan of W but which Party created DHS is irrelevant to the topic. NOW the DHS works directly against the security of our border and our citizens. We all know it will never happen but it should be dissolved and the funding put to better use.
No. It was not and is not. A good executive decision, far less expensive and invasive would have been to start firing and hiring directors of major federal law enforcement/investigation organization, until he found some that would work together for the benefit of the country instead of their little fiefdom, certainly not create another large paramilitary force for fun and profit.

I have never seen the virtue of the DHS personally. We can pretend that all the agencies are working as one, but in reality, they are just all doing their own thing with a different set of initials on their back.

Forum List

Back