Is it time to repeal the Bush tax cuts?

That's what gets me, and is the real root cause of the mess.
The only answers anyone comes up with is more tax, but there is no attempts to curb spending, anywhere.

Ronald Reagan ran for president in 1980 on this theme: Cut taxes, cut spending. To see what happened do a little research on federal spending since 1981, look at unemployment figures, revenues and the national debt during the period 1981 - 2008.

I don't give a fuck what Reagan said, or any of them for that matter, there's very little difference in any of 'em.

Okay, so you're angry; that's not healthy and not a solution. And, btw, there is a difference among " 'em ".

Leave taxes as they are on everyone over $300,000.

Cut all income taxes federally for everyone at $299,999.99 AGI. I guarantee you the spending by the tax-free middle and working classes will skyrocket this economy, and dump oodles of sale taxes into govt coffers from the city to the state levels. The rich can continue to pay. They live in a country "where much is expected from those who have much, that's why we don't conduct a revolution on your asses."

Cut all income taxes federally for everyone at $299,999.99 AGI. I guarantee you the spending by the tax-free middle and working classes will skyrocket this economy, and dump oodles of sale taxes into govt coffers from the city to the state levels. The rich can continue to pay. They live in a country "where much is expected from those who have much, that's why we don't conduct a revolution on your asses."

A good start for a discussion/debate; I believe in progressive income taxation with few deductions.

Ronald Reagan ran for president in 1980 on this theme: Cut taxes, cut spending. To see what happened do a little research on federal spending since 1981, look at unemployment figures, revenues and the national debt during the period 1981 - 2008.

I don't give a fuck what Reagan said, or any of them for that matter, there's very little difference in any of 'em.

Okay, so you're angry; that's not healthy and not a solution. And, btw, there is a difference among " 'em ".

Not angry at all, and I know you can't wrap your head around the concept, but some people really don't care about the left-right bullshit you and so many preoccupy yourselves with.
There isn't much difference in any of them in the way they irresponsibly spend money, and raise taxes to compensate. The only difference is where they spend it, and where they tax you.

That would be a whole lot better than the $100 000 threshold

Maybe it's time for the government to start spending less.

It's always so fcking simple with you MM ..? ((BVoM ;))
I'll agree on one thing it's time for America to stop spending on certain dumb shit that we spend our money on. Tax cuts are fun, when I'm not getting taxed. I couldn't care less if they tax rich bastards I don't know. I just had an idea we might all go for though. Why not just tax off these million dollar bonuses banks have been giving out to CEOs?

Not angry at all, and I know you can't wrap your head around the concept, but some people really don't care about the left-right bullshit you and so many preoccupy yourselves with.
There isn't much difference in any of them in the way they irresponsibly spend money, and raise taxes to compensate. The only difference is where they spend it, and where they tax you.

Hey, believe what you want. The reality is there is a hell of a large difference on where revenue comes from and how it is spent.

Hey, believe what you want. The reality is there is a hell of a large difference on where revenue comes from and how it is spent.

Wasting money is wasting money, regardless of where you're wasting it.

I'll agree on one thing it's time for America to stop spending on certain dumb shit that we spend our money on. Tax cuts are fun, when I'm not getting taxed. I couldn't care less if they tax rich bastards I don't know. I just had an idea we might all go for though. Why not just tax off these million dollar bonuses banks have been giving out to CEOs?
Easy for you to say, you aren't paying taxes.

Welcome to the board.

Welcome to the board.

I'm not getting taxed? Hell, I don't pay property tax but they take a big old bite out of my checks. Single no dependents... they rip me in half on payday... especially since I work full time now.

And thanks.

And 2 = 2; a waste is $ 10 billion a month on a war of choice in Iraq; it is not a waste to provide health care for your children, parents and your neighbors.

And 2 = 2; a waste is $ 10 billion a month on a war of choice in Iraq; it is not a waste to provide health care for your children, parents and your neighbors.

That's why every other industrialized nation has national health insurance.

Welcome to the board.

I'm not getting taxed? Hell, I don't pay property tax but they take a big old bite out of my checks. Single no dependents... they rip me in half on payday... especially since I work full time now.

And thanks.

You are the one that said "I'm not getting taxed" (see quoted portion in red above). Which truth is it?

The only answers anyone comes up with is more tax, but there is no attempts to curb spending, anywhere.

cutting spending will put a lot of leeches out of work and that is a good thing. fuck those who snuggle and suck at the government teat.

Last edited:
No. But some of the Big Banks seem to have that luxury. You obviously didn't read the link, given the quick reply. Why not do that and consider where the money paid in bonuses by G-S comes from (or from whom)?
Look at the fees the large banks get from the "95%ers", that is most of us. And consider so much wealth goes to so few, and if that is good for our nation.
What's a bankers service worth? More than the first responder who may save your child's life (many times at the risk of his/hers)?

I've only told you a million times. Don't use banks. Use credit unions.

The problem, which by the way was before the GREAT deppresion, is FAR TOO FEW control FAR TOO MUCH of the countries wealth. DO YOU GET IT!!?? Trickle Down was total unaduterated BS! The IDEA was that the ULTRA wealthy would make jobs, and they DID, in foreign countries!!! Then they OFFSHORED their corporate offices to no more than a mail box in the CAYMANS so who REALLY benefited from Reagan and Bush's tax cuts.........THOSE WHO LEAST NEEDED THEM!!!

No, we should not be raising taxes during this recession.

Once we are out of the recession, we are going to have to slash spending and raise taxes, but we shouldn't raise a single tax while the economy is still on life-support.

Nice deflection
There really isn't much else needs be said.

cutting spending will put a lot of leeches out of work and that is a good thing. fuck those who snuggle and suck at the government teat.

Who do you wish to "fuck" first? A wounded Marine? Sen. Orin Hatch? Or, maybe the entire Bush family: Sen. Prescott, Congressman, CIA Director, President George H. W., Gov. Jeb or President George W.?

Forum List

Back