Is it time to repeal the Bush tax cuts?

No. But some of the Big Banks seem to have that luxury. You obviously didn't read the link, given the quick reply. Why not do that and consider where the money paid in bonuses by G-S comes from (or from whom)?
Look at the fees the large banks get from the "95%ers", that is most of us. And consider so much wealth goes to so few, and if that is good for our nation.
What's a bankers service worth? More than the first responder who may save your child's life (many times at the risk of his/hers)?

I've only told you a million times. Don't use banks. Use credit unions.

OMG, we agree.

No, we should not be raising taxes during this recession.

Once we are out of the recession, we are going to have to slash spending and raise taxes, but we shouldn't raise a single tax while the economy is still on life-support.

Do you have any idea how much it costs to service our national debt? Tax the rich, it will be in their best interest. Targeted tax cuts to the middle class, they will spend and spur on the economy. The rich hoard.

Ronald Reagan ran for president in 1980 on this theme: Cut taxes, cut spending. To see what happened do a little research on federal spending since 1981, look at unemployment figures, revenues and the national debt during the period 1981 - 2008.

cutting spending will put a lot of leeches out of work and that is a good thing. fuck those who snuggle and suck at the government teat.

Who do you wish to "fuck" first? A wounded Marine? Sen. Orin Hatch? Or, maybe the entire Bush family: Sen. Prescott, Congressman, CIA Director, President George H. W., Gov. Jeb or President George W.?

i dont consider a Marine a leach, do you?

Do you have any idea how much it costs to service our national debt? Tax the rich, it will be in their best interest. Targeted tax cuts to the middle class, they will spend and spur on the economy. The rich hoard.

They will not spend. Tax cuts are going towards savings. The rich are more likely to spend their tax cuts than the middle class.

However, that is not what I am saying. I am saying that the Bush tax cuts should not be allowed to expire. They can expire once this recession has passed. Raising taxes now is very bad policy.

Once we are out of the recession, we are going to have to slash spending and raise taxes, but we shouldn't raise a single tax while the economy is still on life-support.

Stealing people's money from them could be in their best interest?

They will not spend. Tax cuts are going towards savings. The rich are more likely to spend their tax cuts than the middle class.

However, that is not what I am saying. I am saying that the Bush tax cuts should not be allowed to expire. They can expire once this recession has passed. Raising taxes now is very bad policy.

WRONG!!! Tax cuts are going to send our jobs overseas which is EXACTELY what has happened since REAGAN!!!

Oh and BS on the middle class not spending. The fact is AMERICANS SPEND so if I save enough to get that new 42 inch LCD I like the VAST MAJORITY of Americans will buy it. Then GUESS WHAT HAPPENS the gov't gets local sales tax and the rich get more money by SELLING MORE! I think they should be TAXED at an even HIGHER rate if they build their products overseas while FUCKING hard working Americans.

cutting spending will put a lot of leeches out of work and that is a good thing. fuck those who snuggle and suck at the government teat.

Who do you wish to "fuck" first? A wounded Marine? Sen. Orin Hatch? Or, maybe the entire Bush family: Sen. Prescott, Congressman, CIA Director, President George H. W., Gov. Jeb or President George W.?

i dont consider a Marine a leach, do you?

I'm Navy, what do you think?

actually no, but I'd never admit that to a jar head.

No. But some of the Big Banks seem to have that luxury. You obviously didn't read the link, given the quick reply. Why not do that and consider where the money paid in bonuses by G-S comes from (or from whom)?
Look at the fees the large banks get from the "95%ers", that is most of us. And consider so much wealth goes to so few, and if that is good for our nation.
What's a bankers service worth? More than the first responder who may save your child's life (many times at the risk of his/hers)?

I've only told you a million times. Don't use banks. Use credit unions.

I agree with willow on this. Banks are for my businesses; my personal monies are handled by the credit union. (I like the avatar, willow ~ I am sending a copy to my sister who love pictures of kitties)

Toro, those who can save will do so regardless. Most who have credit card debt are doing their level best to get out from under. Oh, yes, they will spend it ~~ in boodles ~~, then they will save.

Get the rich off the back of the poor and working classes.

Oh and BS on the middle class not spending. The fact is AMERICANS SPEND so if I save enough to get that new 42 inch LCD I like the VAST MAJORITY of Americans will buy it. Then GUESS WHAT HAPPENS the gov't gets local sales tax and the rich get more money by SELLING MORE! I think they should be TAXED at an even HIGHER rate if they build their products overseas while FUCKING hard working Americans.

The American middle class is saving like crazy right now. Tax cuts are going towards repairing the middle class balance sheet. They are not spending. Tax cuts are a transference of consumer debt to the government.

And no, tax cuts did not lead to offshoring.

Toro, those who can save will do so regardless. Most who have credit card debt are doing their level best to get out from under. Oh, yes, they will spend it ~~ in boodles ~~, then they will save.

Get the rich off the back of the poor and working classes.

It is not "regardless." Americans have been lousy savers the past decade. Now they are saving like mad. It makes no sense to cut taxes when this is happening. Nor does it make any sense to raise taxes. That's an even worse idea.

"Stealing"? Don't be silly.
It will benefit the wealthy, the investor class and the Captains of industry, when the 95% have jobs, pay taxes and spend money on durable goods; use less resources (unemployment assistance, etc.) and can afford to send their kids to college again.

Last edited:

It will benefit the wealthy, the investor class and the Captains of industry, when the 95% have jobs, pay taxes and spend money on durable goods; use less resources (unemployment assistance, etc.) and can afford to send their kids to college again.

What do you call it when a person or organization takes your money from you without earning it?

The American middle class is saving like crazy right now. Tax cuts are going towards repairing the middle class balance sheet. They are not spending. Tax cuts are a transference of consumer debt to the government.

And no, tax cuts did not lead to offshoring.

Well they sure as FUCK didn't lead to MORE manufacturing jobs now DID it?

What do you call it when a person or organization takes your money from you without earning it?

Well, when a bank changes the rules of interest on your credit care debt, so they can recover loses based on making stupid loans, I call it stealing. But taxes are passed by legislatures and enacted into law. It is by definition legal; stealing is be definition, illegal and in the case of banking, immoral.

Well, when a bank changes the rules of interest on your credit care debt, so they can recover loses based on making stupid loans, I call it stealing. But taxes are passed by legislatures and enacted into law. It is by definition legal; stealing is be definition, illegal and in the case of banking, immoral.

Theft is theft regardless of who does it.

A person doing it is called theft.
An organization doing the exact same thing thing is called tax.

Forum List

Back