🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is it time to talk about and imagine one party rule? Right now, an America without Democrats looks pretty good doesn’t it?

I don't belong to a party. Will never vote for a "party" that believes I need to confirm to their ideals. I confirm to MY ideals.

I don't belong to a party. Will never vote for a "party" that believes I need to confirm to their ideals. I confirm to MY ideals.

I don't either, never have and never will.

If you don't vote then you are letting everyone else make the decision for you. And that is really stupid. I don't conform to the ideals of either party, and that is not necessary to vote for one or the other.

I’m all for one party rule….FOR NOW!
Sounds great to me ---- it is plain the dems have ruined the country.

If we just have the GOP, it will soon break into two groups anyway (libertarian and statist) but we wouldn't have the communists promoting crime anymore.

We need this!

If we just have the GOP, it will soon break into two groups anyway (libertarian and statist) but we wouldn't have the communists promoting crime anymore.

We need this!
No. That's a fantasy. Single party rule is just that - single party rule. It doesn't allow competition.

Last edited:
I'm curious, what part(s) of the GOP platform do you not like? And if you had to choose (and you should), which is worse?
What platform? The Republicans did away with that in 2020. The platform these days is just whatever Trump says. And with the way he rattles on incoherently, that could be anyfuckingthing.

I am hopeful this forum is not representative. If it is then we are in trouble.
Before Trump, I used to think the rightwingers on the board were an anomaly - an echo chamber of zealots. But I see more and more of that same kind of insanity in r/l. Troll nation indeed.

Last edited:
The left need us, we don't need them. That's why they hate it when we talk about going our separate ways.
the left do not need us

they need Jesus... Of course some christians are not... evangelizing enough and that is why we have such crazy people amongst us

Before Trump, I used to think the rightwingers on the board were an anomaly - an echo chamber of zealots. But I see more and more of that same kind of insanity in r/l. Troll nation indeed.
VA showed me that common sense takes precedent. Not every American can name all three branches of Gov't but every American (I hope) loves their kids and what the left is asking for is too much. So to me most are moderates but perhaps I am mistaken.

VA showed me that common sense takes precedent. Not every American can name all three branches of Gov't but every American (I hope) loves their kids and what the left is asking for is too much. So to me most are moderates but perhaps I am mistaken.
Here's hoping you're right. Even if they are, they let an unhinged con-man take over their party. And as long as they keep sitting on their hands, they're not getting it back.

A tight border that works for Americans, law and order expected and appreciated, spending on the right things for the right Americans…the end of all the divisive rhetoric..systemic racism, CRT etc etc.
I’m all for one party rule….FOR NOW!

I am to extent, because I'll likely never vote for another Democrack again. Character doesn't even matter at this point, 99% are poor anyway, it's just the fact the Democrats should not have any power. The world's a better place without them, especially these Democrats, and perhaps a decent party can take their place at some point to keep Republicans in check. I wish we had 3-4 in power (NO DEMOCRATS), but that's probably not happening our lifetimes.

The only ones advocating for communism/one party rule, were Trump and his cult.

March 3 2018
U.S. President Donald Trump praised Chinese President Xi Jinping Saturday after the ruling Communist party announced it was eliminating the two-term limit for the presidency, paving the way for Xi to serve indefinitely.

“He’s now president for life, president for life. And he’s great,” Trump said, according to audio of excerpts of Trump’s remarks at a closed-door fundraiser in Florida.
“And look, he was able to do that. I think it’s great. Maybe we’ll have to give that a shot someday,” Trump said to cheers and applause from supporters.

On January 6th, they did.

View attachment 567470
Trump has a habit of praising foreign leaders he is negotiating with. He has made a lot of deals so perhaps that tactic works.

You don’t see people at Trump rallies chanting for a communist revolution.

Here's hoping you're right. Even if they are, they let an unhinged con-man take over their party. And as long as they keep sitting on their hands, they're not getting it back.
This is where we don't agree and its OK. The choices were:

2016 --- Trump or HRC....

2020 ---- Trump or Biden....

I am not beholden to DJT but give me a better option than HRC or Biden. As we see with Biden the country isn't doing well. He ran as a moderate but governs as though he is Bernie Sanders. Biden said he is running again in 2024. I would vote for an upside down mop in a bucket over him.

This is where we don't agree and its OK. The choices were:

2016 --- Trump or HRC....

2020 ---- Trump or Biden....

I am not beholden to DJT but give me a better option than HRC or Biden.
No one is going to "give" you a better option unless you demand it. Continuing to vote for the crappy candidates is asking for more of the same.

Not to wax nostalgic, but it reminds me of my dad's advice when negotiating - you've got to be willing to walk away, and you've got to do it when you aren't getting what you want. Otherwise, you're only going to get what they feel like giving you.
As we see with Biden the country isn't doing well. He ran as a moderate but governs as though he is Bernie Sanders. Biden said he is running again in 2024. I would vote for an upside down mop in a bucket over him.
Yes. Biden is even worse than I feared. That might offer hope for 2022, but as long as Trump is calling the shots, it's more of a worry than a hope.

No one is going to "give" you a better option unless you demand it. Continuing to vote for the crappy candidates is asking for more of the same.

Not to wax nostalgic, but it reminds me of my dad's advice when negotiating - you've got to be willing to walk away. Otherwise, you're only going to get what they feel like giving you.

Yes. Biden is even worse than I feared. That might offer hope for 2022, but as long as Trump is calling the shots, it's more of a worry than a hope.
I live in MA. I have walked away for 20 years and it hasn't helped. I am 41 and stuck in a leftist state. Our Governor is somewhat logical at least. But my senators are Markey and Warren and all congressional seats are blue. Unfortunately we have two options every yr. and if it is Biden or Harris in 2024 I will vote for a corpse of Stalin over one of them.

The only reason we have "two options" is that we keep telling ourselves that. It's really not true. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy that doesn't need to be.

Then that's what you'll get.
We may vote 3rd party but 99% of Americans will not.

Forum List

Back