Is it wrong for Christian to preach at people who don't believe what they do?

I have been very disappointed in the behaviors of my Jewish brothers and sisters in this forum.
I don't care.
Your people are losing their faith. The majority of Jews posting here are atheists.
It's been like that since the destruction of the 2nd Temple...and we're still here.
And Christians are way outnumbered by Muslims and the other Eastern religions.
So much for choosing a religion based on Popular Vote.

You're alone in this...good for you.
Give me a Jeremiah Chapter and Verse.

No, I am not alone in this, as it is plainly stated in the Catholic Study Bible. Catholics, by the way, make up the majority of Christians. As a Catholic student, I was taught that the New Testament records Jesus life, and that his life is an overlay of many Old Testament stories. For us, it is one of his credentials. Some Christians (just a few denominations) seem to feel that some Old Testament passages are only about Jesus, but Catholics see the Old Testament as foreshadowing Jesus.

As you are not a Christian, let alone a Catholic, you may be like another Jewish acquaintance who thinks it is fine and dandy if I believe Jesus' life is foreshadowed by Old Testament events, and then he pointed me to a wit who could make an every day rooster's life a foreshadowing of Old Testament events.

I know of some Christians who don't even bother with the Old Testament as they feel all the credentials Jesus needs are clearly presented in the New Testament.

As you see, Christians are not cookie-stamps of one another.

Jeremiah is a fine book. I like the passage where Jeremiah says he cannot keep quiet, he must speak out. I also like the one where God knew him before he was born, and had a plan for him. How about you? Which passages speak to you?
The most important fact in your relationship with God is that every letter in Scripture is equally precious.
Who are you to tell anyone anything about their relationship with the Creator?

I have been very disappointed in the behaviors of my Jewish brothers and sisters in this forum.
I don't care.
Your people are losing their faith. The majority of Jews posting here are atheists.
It's been like that since the destruction of the 2nd Temple...and we're still here.
Who knew that would turn you into militant atheists?

No, I am not alone in this, as it is plainly stated in the Catholic Study Bible. Catholics, by the way, make up the majority of Christians. As a Catholic student, I was taught that the New Testament records Jesus life, and that his life is an overlay of many Old Testament stories. For us, it is one of his credentials. Some Christians (just a few denominations) seem to feel that some Old Testament passages are only about Jesus, but Catholics see the Old Testament as foreshadowing Jesus.

As you are not a Christian, let alone a Catholic, you may be like another Jewish acquaintance who thinks it is fine and dandy if I believe Jesus' life is foreshadowed by Old Testament events, and then he pointed me to a wit who could make an every day rooster's life a foreshadowing of Old Testament events.

I know of some Christians who don't even bother with the Old Testament as they feel all the credentials Jesus needs are clearly presented in the New Testament.

Jeremiah is a fine book. I like the passage where Jeremiah says he cannot keep quiet, he must speak out. I also like the one where God knew him before he was born, and had a plan for him. How about you? Which passages speak to you?
The most important fact in your relationship with God is that every letter in Scripture is equally precious.
So you believe that some Scripture is holier than other Scripture.
Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

I don't care.
You misspelled still here paying lip service to God.

I don't care.
Jews would rather be atheists than believe in nonsense Scriptures that rely on the corruption of TJS.

Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
I believe a personal relationship with God is the most important thing there is. Who are you to tell anyone anything about their relationship with the Creator?

I don't care.
You suggested you picked your religion based on popularity.
I pointed out the fallacy of such reasoning.
You are way outnumbered.

I don't care.
Jews would rather be atheists than believe in nonsense Scriptures that rely on the corruption of TJS.
You misspelled militant atheists.

You would rather argue about someone else's faith, than discuss your own.

Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
I believe a personal relationship with God is the most important thing there is. Who are you to tell anyone anything about their relationship with the Creator?
Or perhaps you don't believe in Scripture at all.

I don't care.
You suggested you picked your religion based on popularity.
I pointed out the fallacy of such reasoning.
You are way outnumbered.
No. You suggested that.

I am pointing out YOUR dishonesty.

Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
I believe a personal relationship with God is the most important thing there is. Who are you to tell me otherwise?

I don't care.

I discuss my faith all the time...in defense of those whose Scripture tells them to push theirs in my face.

Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
I believe a personal relationship with God is the most important thing there is. Who are you to tell me otherwise?
Why are you intervening in a conversation between myself and someone who insists one verse is more precious than another?
If you don't hold such a view, you're input is pointless.

I discuss my faith all the time...in defense of those whose Scripture tells them to push theirs in my face.
Bullshit. You spend your time arguing against the beliefs of others. That's your faith, brother.

Bullshit. You spend your time arguing against the beliefs of others. That's your faith, brother.
I spend my time defending my faith against a new faith that corrupts my God's words.

Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Why are you intervening in a conversation between myself and someone who insists one verse is more precious than another?
If you don't hold such a view, you're input is pointless.
I am intervening because I can.

You pay lip service to God. It is a time honored Jewish tradition.

Notice I have never commented an any religion other than the one based on the NT.

I spend my time defending my faith against a new faith that corrupts my God's words.
No one here is attacking your religion, brother. You need to look in a mirror.

Forum List

Back