Is it wrong for Christian to preach at people who don't believe what they do?

That is irrelelvant to the garbage that he's peddling, however.

He makes claims that are lies. He claimed he is able to forestall and silence evangelicals by spouting the bible at them. I invited him to do it..he hasn't. Yes I understand the OT/NT dissonance that Jews struggle with, and it is irrelevant to his commentary. I have no authority to judge his *Jewishness*...likewise he has zero authority to judge my Christianity.

And, as I said..he lied. He lied about repeatedly spanking you, and he lied about his superior familiarity with the Christian Bible that leads evangelicals to run screaming from his presence.

Jews and Christians often talk past each other. On both side there are those who think they already know what the other is saying or will say. Maybe if we could all slow down a bit?

I have no interest in telling Jews what their scriptures mean to them. I'm not sure I can slow it down much more than that.
It does take longer when you can't omit verses.

What are you talking about? I just said I have no interest in doing it at all.

But you said it was something you revel in....setting Christians straight on their own scripture. Please feel free.

Matthew 5:11-12

He makes claims that are lies. He claimed he is able to forestall and silence evangelicals by spouting the bible at them. I invited him to do it..he hasn't. Yes I understand the OT/NT dissonance that Jews struggle with, and it is irrelevant to his commentary. I have no authority to judge his *Jewishness*...likewise he has zero authority to judge my Christianity.

And, as I said..he lied. He lied about repeatedly spanking you, and he lied about his superior familiarity with the Christian Bible that leads evangelicals to run screaming from his presence.

Jews and Christians often talk past each other. On both side there are those who think they already know what the other is saying or will say. Maybe if we could all slow down a bit?

I have no interest in telling Jews what their scriptures mean to them. I'm not sure I can slow it down much more than that.

But you said it was something you revel in....setting Christians straight on their own scripture. Please feel free.

I'm posting on a Thread.
You are taking my posts personally.

It's acceptable to omit verses from Scripture.
Be more specific. Are we speaking of an editor leaving passages out of the Bible? Are we speaking of a discussion between two people who are focused on a specific passage? In other words, which words were left out of the Bible (or a discussion)? What is the context?

It's acceptable to omit verses from Scripture.
Be more specific. Are we speaking of an editor leaving passages out of the Bible? Are we speaking of a discussion between two people who are focused on a specific passage? In other words, which words were left out of the Bible (or a discussion)? What is the context?
Here's a sample...
Malachi 3 / Hebrew - English Bible / Mechon-Mamre
Which verse(s) will you quote and which will you ignore?
Let's see what Rabbi Pork Chop taught you.

I'm posting on a Thread.

Nonsense. I asked you to support a statement you made..which is quite obviously a lie.

I'm posting on a Thread.

Nonsense. I asked you to support a statement you made..which is quite obviously a lie.
I just posted Chapter 3 of Malachi which is used to prove JC.
Respond without omitting one or more verses.

Here's a sample...
Please do not disrespect those who have passed on. My dear friend whose first language was Hebrew was not a Rabbi. He was an atheist. But he knew I believe and he was very kind about teaching me Jewish beliefs. He had too much respect for people and their various beliefs to have ever referenced anyone, let alone a fellow Jew, as a pork chop. Do it again and we are through.

The Prophet Malachi wrote that God will send Elijah the prophet before the Day of the Lord. The Day of the Lord was described as the day the Lord, Himself, will come upon the Earth and all evil will be destroyed and He will be King of the world. Why? How do you read it?

Here's a sample...
Please do not disrespect those who have passed on. My dear friend whose first language was Hebrew was not a Rabbi. He was an atheist. But he knew I believe and he was very kind about teaching me Jewish beliefs. He had too much respect for people and their various beliefs to have ever referenced anyone, let alone a fellow Jew, as a pork chop. Do it again and we are through.

The Prophet Malachi wrote that God will send Elijah the prophet before the Day of the Lord. The Day of the Lord was described as the day the Lord, Himself, will come upon the Earth and all evil will be destroyed and He will be King of the world. Why? How do you read it?
But you just posted he was a Rabbi!
Tell me which verse(s) proves JC.
Tell me which verse(s) you have to ignore in order to reach such a conclusion.

This is what I meant by you reading what you want to read into my posts. Please go back and re-read Post #107. I very clearly stated:

I studied the Tanakh with someone whose first language was Hebrew. Since then, I have read many commentaries by many Rabbis.

This is what I meant by you reading what you want to read into my posts. Please go back and re-read Post #107. I very clearly stated:

I studied the Tanakh with someone whose first language was Hebrew. Since then, I have read many commentaries by many Rabbis.
If the answer is none, simply reply "none", else post which one(s).

Shrug. You tell me. I have never used Malachi to "prove" Jesus. Never needed to. You asked me how I read Malachi, and I told you. I then asked you how you read it. If you think I have used Malachi to prove Jesus, then you definitely have me confused with someone else.

Shrug. You tell me. I have never used Malachi to "prove" Jesus. Never needed to. You asked me how I read Malachi, and I told you. I then asked you how you read it. If you think I have used Malachi to prove Jesus, then you definitely have me confused with someone else.
You're alone in this...good for you.
Give me a Jeremiah Chapter and Verse.

I'm going to give you a bright side..........

:lmao:

Is she wearing orange?

Is she in an airport?

Is she playing a tambourine and the song has nothing to do with the Byrds?

Is her head shaved?

Is she singing Hare Krishna?

NO?

Feel fucking better buddy.

Yeeeeessssssssss.........you do have a point there. :20:

Reminds me of my husband's daughter who was briefly with the group you mentioned: their way of luring young people was to bus them down to wash an elephant.

True story. She got out of it, though.

I was just a young lass in LA after oh you are new and don't know me on the board but I had gone to LA Alice Cooper, just rock in roll, but I'm on this street one day and Manson's girls were out in front in full tilt cult.

Wanna talk cult? Whoa I'd never seen anything like it. I pray I never will again. It was a time.
Do your stories make this OP's story any less of a cult?

No, I am not alone in this, as it is plainly stated in the Catholic Study Bible. Catholics, by the way, make up the majority of Christians. As a Catholic student, I was taught that the New Testament records Jesus life, and that his life is an overlay of many Old Testament stories. For us, it is one of his credentials. Some Christians (just a few denominations) seem to feel that some Old Testament passages are only about Jesus, but Catholics see the Old Testament as foreshadowing Jesus.

As you are not a Christian, let alone a Catholic, you may be like another Jewish acquaintance who thinks it is fine and dandy if I believe Jesus' life is foreshadowed by Old Testament events, and then he pointed me to a wit who could make an every day rooster's life a foreshadowing of Old Testament events.

I know of some Christians who don't even bother with the Old Testament as they feel all the credentials Jesus needs are clearly presented in the New Testament.

As you see, Christians are not cookie-stamps of one another.

Jeremiah is a fine book. I like the passage where Jeremiah says he cannot keep quiet, he must speak out. I also like the one where God knew him before he was born, and had a plan for him. How about you? Which passages speak to you?

I have been very disappointed in the behaviors of my Jewish brothers and sisters in this forum.

My granddaughter in early college has unfortunately taken up with some fundamentalist group that is running a camp where they teach these very young college students of about age 18 to run around and bend peoples' ears about Jesus and God and on and on at length.

It seems to me the height of arrogance for young people even to think they HAVE something to teach older people. And of course it's boring and incoherent because they aren't old enough to have any clue what they believe.

The worst part is that she knows I don't want to hear that stuff -- I've told her -- but they push her to "witness" to everyone, me included, apparently. It seems wrong to me: unmannerly and just immoral behavior to push one's own religious beliefs aggressively on someone else. Especially an older relative.

Yeah, I know I have to do an assertiveness thing and tell her to stop and mean it and keep saying it till she does, or whatever happens. My responsibility is not to allow bad behavior. But it's too bad these adults running this smarmy outfit are promoting such bad and unfashionable behavior. She'll get nothing but rejection, IMO. They make money off this: I don't know who funded her for this camp, but it wasn't me.

Any opinions on this "witnessing" business, or advice?

I don't know that it wrong so much as it is annoying...

No, I am not alone in this, as it is plainly stated in the Catholic Study Bible. Catholics, by the way, make up the majority of Christians. As a Catholic student, I was taught that the New Testament records Jesus life, and that his life is an overlay of many Old Testament stories. For us, it is one of his credentials. Some Christians (just a few denominations) seem to feel that some Old Testament passages are only about Jesus, but Catholics see the Old Testament as foreshadowing Jesus.

As you are not a Christian, let alone a Catholic, you may be like another Jewish acquaintance who thinks it is fine and dandy if I believe Jesus' life is foreshadowed by Old Testament events, and then he pointed me to a wit who could make an every day rooster's life a foreshadowing of Old Testament events.

I know of some Christians who don't even bother with the Old Testament as they feel all the credentials Jesus needs are clearly presented in the New Testament.

As you see, Christians are not cookie-stamps of one another.

Jeremiah is a fine book. I like the passage where Jeremiah says he cannot keep quiet, he must speak out. I also like the one where God knew him before he was born, and had a plan for him. How about you? Which passages speak to you?
The most important fact in your relationship with God is that every letter in Scripture is equally precious.

Forum List

Back