Is Jeb Bush already toast?

Shrub II might be toast for now, but right wingers will be making that decision, and look at who he is up against. The main crazies will each have a week or two in the lime light until they screw it up and everybody moves on to the next in line. In the end, they will pretend they wanted Shrub II all along.

I have been reading a great deal, especially from Conservative websites, and the concensus I am reading is that Jeb has screwed the pooch this last with with his answer to the Iraq War question and the three subsequent days of flip-flopping and waffle'ing.

I mean, come on, it's pretty hard for a Republican to screw up a softball question on FOX, of all stations.

If polling that starts as of this weekend starts to show Jeb's numbers tanking, I guess we will all know.

But I do think that the big winner on the Republican side this last week was Scott Walker. As a good substitute for the man that the GOP establishment has been wanting, all he has to do is to wait, look good and not screw up. Easy, right?

:D

Your thoughts? Did Jeb Bush sink his ship before it even got out of the harbor, or is there still hope for a third Bush presidency within a span of about 25 years?

Jeb was never a serious contender. He was the media's choice but the cons I know around here, and believe me there are a lot of them, were universal in their dislike of him. I couldn't get a single one of them to come up with anything positive about him.

In this neck of the woods Scott Walker is the overwhelming choice.

I have been reading a great deal, especially from Conservative websites, and the concensus I am reading is that Jeb has screwed the pooch this last with with his answer to the Iraq War question and the three subsequent days of flip-flopping and waffle'ing.

I mean, come on, it's pretty hard for a Republican to screw up a softball question on FOX, of all stations.

If polling that starts as of this weekend starts to show Jeb's numbers tanking, I guess we will all know.

But I do think that the big winner on the Republican side this last week was Scott Walker. As a good substitute for the man that the GOP establishment has been wanting, all he has to do is to wait, look good and not screw up. Easy, right?

Your thoughts? Did Jeb Bush sink his ship before it even got out of the harbor, or is there still hope for a third Bush presidency within a span of about 25 years?

Funny....he's beating the Hildabeast head-to-head in the last poll I saw. Yeah....I guess he's toast. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
I had heard that Big Money Donors liked him but ALL of his rivals jumped on him over the Iraq answer. Does this finally mean Repubs are taking responsibility for a ginned-up war or are they merely flip-flopping for short-term, electoral gain? :eusa_think:

Wrong, who ever raises the most corporate cash wins, which is why Hillary and Jeb are a lock.

Fuck voters. Corporations rule

Jeb was never a serious contender. He was the media's choice but the cons I know around here, and believe me there are a lot of them, were universal in their dislike of him. I couldn't get a single one of them to come up with anything positive about him.

In this neck of the woods Scott Walker is the overwhelming choice.

Walker or Rubio will win the nomination. All the libturds can focus on is Bush due to their derangement syndrome.

I also find it ironic that Bush makes a minor wobble on one question and the Hildabesat is hiding in her bunker and hasn't taken a single question in over a month. She is being sued due to her deleted sever issue....she is facing ethics charges.....she'll have to testify again before Congress....but Scat is focused on a missed question by Jeb.

It's delusional. Truly delusional.

I had heard that Big Money Donors liked him but ALL of his rivals jumped on him over the Iraq answer. Does this finally mean Repubs are taking responsibility for a ginned-up war or are they merely flip-flopping for short-term, electoral gain? :eusa_think:
Sounds a lot like "I was for it before I was against it'
Yea. I can see how that would be familiar for you

huh?

you a vietraq fan boi/apologist? Yes or no?

He never had a chance.

No more Clinton.
No more Bush.
I've noticed that only those right of center are able to say 'no more Bush,no more Clinton'
Those to the left can't say no to Clinton
BS. I'll say no to either one right here and now. There are lots of us who don't want to see her as POTUS. I won't vote for her. If my vote goes her way it will be because I'm voting against her opponent as being even worse.

huh?

Is that you Franco?
English please?

He never had a chance.

No more Clinton.
No more Bush.
I've noticed that only those right of center are able to say 'no more Bush,no more Clinton'
BS. I'll say no to either one right here and now. There are lots of us who don't want to see her as POTUS. I won't vote for her. If my vote goes her way it will be because I'm voting against her opponent as being even worse.
While you are a rare member of your party for saying no to Hillary, I'm betting that you would think anyone on the right side of the ticket is worse. Therefore your vote is for another Clinton

huh?

Is that you Franco?
English please?
I could say the same of you but your posts more resemble form rw bot responses :thup:

OH!!! and you failed to answer my question.:eusa_think: Never mind, it was rhetorical.

He never had a chance.

No more Clinton.
No more Bush.
While you are a rare member of your party for saying no to Hillary, I'm betting that you would think anyone on the right side of the ticket is worse. Therefore your vote is for another Clinton
I'm really hoping the Democrats have a viable alternative. So far, the only one on the right I care at all for is Rand Paul. I like his non interventionist stances and opposition to the "Patriot Act" and NSA spying. I don't know enough about his positions on other issues to support him at this point. It seems unlikely that he will be the Republican nominee anyway.

Its early. I wouldn't count Jeb out. He's the second Bush kid to run for president for a reason. He wasn't their first choice. But he's got a pretty complex political apparatus around him.

Jeb, whom you know I liked, has serious trouble.

I cannot support him and have moved to the Kasich camp.

Walker is making a stronger showing so far than I would have thought. Still not up to Kasich or Jeb level. But he's actual JV material. I figured he'd be down there with Cruz as part of the lost sock drawer.

When he first came out he wanted to make sure that everyone knew he wasn't George W.....but as time went on and the more he talked, the more he sounded like George W....in fact, he has been listening to some of George W.'s advisers and has even hired some to help with his campaign.

Well, Walkker may do well with Republican/conservatives, but he doesn't even have a college Degree.....not sure how well that would fare with the rest of the country. He seems to think that being President (most powerful man in the world) is comparable to being governor of a mid-sized (population) state like Wisconsin. I guess that goes along the same lines with most conservatives, who don't think education is that meaningful.

"I got to be governor without it, so I don't think it's any base requirement out there," Walker said. "I don't think I needed a college degree to be in the state assembly or to be county executive or to be governor. I don't know about any other position. But in the end, I think most people, for example [as] governor, judge me based on performance and what we're able to do."
Wisconsin Gov. Walker No Degree Required for Presidency

Jeb should have listened to his mother, Barbara.

Nice to hear from you, Mertex.

I agree with your first statements.

The second, not so much. Bill Clinton was the Governor of an even smaller state and still, he bested Bush '41 in 1992, so I am not so sure that the size of a state plays much of a role.

I am still scratching my head and wondering if Bush was ever really serious about running to begin with. He's smarter than this. I "feels" to me as if he wanted to slip on the question and then deliberately backpedaled in order to deliberately hurt his own chances.

In his place I would have said, the next day, "look, I misheard the question, my concentration lapsed for a second, my answer actually is X and X and X. Sorry, I dropped the ball on that one".

People have LONG memories. They still remember who got us into the Iraq war for no good reason and they also know exactly who drove the economy into the ditch, using exactly the same kind of accountability as Righties here in USMB use for Obama by every single jobs report.

I am really beginning to think that Bush is looking for a way out even before he starts. And in terms of optics and in terms of staying power, Walker at least "looks" like presidential material. But both he and Kasich are religious nuts. Both think that G-d is guiding them to become president. I personally find that to be very scary.

has the catch phrase "All Bushed Out" been taken yet?

I :dunno: but I can imagine a troll like you starting it up.

I want Sarah Palin to run! LOL!
Hey, at least we'd have decent Eye Candy in the White House, and she'd look lovely on a postage stamp...

She can't string a sentence, so why not go out and buy a calendar?
With a body like that she doesn't need to string a sentence (together)...
teeth_smile.gif

sarahpalin_200908_477x600_6.jpg

That's a pretty heavy photo shop job but she did look pretty good in the old days. Now she looks like the drunken fishwife she is. Sounds like it too. Dumb as a box of rocks. Perfect RW heroine.

Actually, there's not one Repub who could do the job. There just isn't. And not one who could win.
As to photo touch-up... well... take it up with Runner Magazine... nothing to do with me.

As to current 'fishwife' status... have you looked real hard at your new champion yet?

Makes ol' Sarah look like a goddess, by comparison.

People can criticize Palin alot for her politics but she really is a very, very lovely woman, fine to look at. Yes, I think she is hawt. Because I'm a man and I like beautiful women.

Doesn't mean I would ever vote for her.

I think the average voter understands a slip-up and is more willing to forgive than most people who are more into politics.

First, lake avenue , welcome to USMB. This is the first I have seen you here.

Second, you made a very valid point. However, with the news-cycle being a 24/7 cycle and with every word a pol speaks being parsed until the Messiah arrives, Bush's blunder here is a huge blunder.

After a war that has cost us TRILLIONS of $$$ and many thousands of lives within a country that had absolutely nothing at all to do with 911, and a justifiably war-weary American public, for a person like Jeb Bush, brother of the then-President who ordered the invasion of Iraq, to say that, even with the knowledge we have now, that he would still have gone to war, is just plain old stupid.

"So. Gov. Bush, knowing that around that next curve is a drop-off of 2,000 feet, would you still veer off the road, as your brother did?"

Jeb: "Why, yes, of course!"

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

This is not just a matter of getting some small facts screwed up. This is a matter of deliberately advocating for the most expensive, most wasteful action the USA has ever in it's history engaged in, one that shot a HUGE hole in our finances, a hole that is still growing alone because of the interest on the debt that it is causing.

I really am thinking that Bush did this deliberately to effectively pull himself out of the running before it even begins.

Uh, no. I don't think this hurts Jeb even on tiny little bit. Most Republicans aren't in the mood to admit Iraq was a mistake-

More to the point, the big winner might well be Marco Rubio, who sounds decisive on foriegn policy compared to Bush.

Interesting argument, one worthy of examining.

You may be correct in your assessment as far as how honest Republicans are willing to be.

But a Republican cannot win a GE just with Republican votes alone. With this kind of attitude toward the Iraq War, I doubt that Bush can swing the Independent vote and would, were he to be nominated, probably take the smallest percentage of the opposition vote ever in the history of our Union. I would be willing to bet very good money on that one.

Forum List

Back