🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is Jeb Bush already toast?

I've noticed that only those right of center are able to say 'no more Bush,no more Clinton'
Those to the left can't say no to Clinton

Why should we?

George W. Bush, Jr, our 43rd President, is like a huge millstone around Jeb's neck.

Bill Clinton, our 42nd President, is not a millstone around Hillary's neck. He is the most beloved figure in American politics to-date, he has the highest favorability rating of any pol out there. A huge number of extreme Righties hate him, but even they grudgingly respect him.

And Hillary is eminently qualified.

We have had political families in the USA for a long time and the Republic is still here:

The Adams
The Harrisons
The Stevensons
The Bryans
The Roosevelts
The Kennedys
The Bushes

It's not like this is a brand-new phenomenon.

the money, is backing Bush, just like they backed Romney...imo

is Rove backing Bush???

Rove has refused to endorse yet.

Can't wait to see Rove on FOX news on election night 2016:

7:32 PM: "Exit polls show Clinton 13 points ahead of XXX in Ohio"

7:37 PM "Fox News is calling the state of Ohio for Clinton"

Rove: "But wait!! Wait!! The collar counties around Columbus are still out!! There's still a chance!"

...lol....

Jeb was never a serious contender. He was the media's choice but the cons I know around here, and believe me there are a lot of them, were universal in their dislike of him. I couldn't get a single one of them to come up with anything positive about him.

In this neck of the woods Scott Walker is the overwhelming choice.

The problem is "Conservatives" said the same thing about McCain in 2008, they said the same thing about Romney in 2012.

When are you going to get it that the Wall Street types don't really care what "conservatives" think. They'll throw you some red meat about abortion and making government smaller, then they'll nominate the guy who will do Wall Street's bidding.

And that guy is Jeb Bush.

Walker or Rubio will win the nomination. All the libturds can focus on is Bush due to their derangement syndrome.

I could almost stand to vote for Walker or Rubio, but they won't be the nominee. Walker says too many dumb things, and Rubio's position on Immigration has doomed him with the Wingnut base that hates Mexicans just like Jesus did.

I also find it ironic that Bush makes a minor wobble on one question and the Hildabesat is hiding in her bunker and hasn't taken a single question in over a month. She is being sued due to her deleted sever issue....she is facing ethics charges.....she'll have to testify again before Congress....but Scat is focused on a missed question by Jeb.

It wasn't a minor wobble. He was asked if he would repeat the biggest catastrophe since Vietnam, and he said he would. In a sane world that SHOULD disqualify him from office more than whether or not he used his home server (which, incidently, he did, too.)

But a Republican cannot win a GE just with Republican votes alone. With this kind of attitude toward the Iraq War, I doubt that Bush can swing the Independent vote and would, were he to be nominated, probably take the smallest percentage of the opposition vote ever in the history of our Union. I would be willing to bet very good money on that one.

I don't think the Iraq War is going to be an issue in 2016. Or at least not that much of one. If anything, our ongoing problems with ISIL might even make an anti-War stance a liability. (Which also helps Hillary this time out.) Yes, you can have the more complicated discussion that if Bush hadn't toppled Saddam in the first place, we wouldn't be dealing with ISIL now. But good luck making that argument to your average independent who doesn't start paying attention to this shit until after Labor Day in 2016.

No, Bush's key goal is to win over a majority of the 45% that always votes Republican. Then he has to get that last 6% that is up for grabs.

What probably hurts him is that Iraq isn't the only thing his brother screwed up.

They'd ALL be burnt toast if the Democrats would get a better candidate into the race.

Democrats can't be defeated by Republicans in the presidential race. They can only be defeated by themselves.

They'd ALL be burnt toast if the Democrats would get a better candidate into the race.

Democrats can't be defeated by Republicans in the presidential race. They can only be defeated by themselves.

I wouldn't be too sure about that.

Historically, the Presidency shifts hands every 8 years. It's been that way since 1952, pretty much.

And part of the problem is that when your party controls the presidency for those 8 years, you usually end up sucking all the air out of the room for the rest of your party. Hillary is the only person the Democrats have left with any stature.

I think that Rubio or Walker could potentially win, if they can overcome Bush and if they can avoid saying stupid shit.

Jeb was never a serious contender. He was the media's choice but the cons I know around here, and believe me there are a lot of them, were universal in their dislike of him. I couldn't get a single one of them to come up with anything positive about him.

In this neck of the woods Scott Walker is the overwhelming choice.

The problem is "Conservatives" said the same thing about McCain in 2008, they said the same thing about Romney in 2012.

When are you going to get it that the Wall Street types don't really care what "conservatives" think. They'll throw you some red meat about abortion and making government smaller, then they'll nominate the guy who will do Wall Street's bidding.

And that guy is Jeb Bush.

There's a lot of truth to this statement. The same will be true of the Democrat candidate as well, which pains me no end.

Historically, the Presidency shifts hands every 8 years. It's been that way since 1952, pretty much.

And part of the problem is that when your party controls the presidency for those 8 years, you usually end up sucking all the air out of the room for the rest of your party. Hillary is the only person the Democrats have left with any stature.

I think that Rubio or Walker could potentially win, if they can overcome Bush and if they can avoid saying stupid shit.

Bush could have easily been beaten in 2000 by a better candidate.

You mean if Rubio stops sounding like this?

I have been reading a great deal, especially from Conservative websites, and the concensus I am reading is that Jeb has screwed the pooch this last with with his answer to the Iraq War question and the three subsequent days of flip-flopping and waffle'ing.

I mean, come on, it's pretty hard for a Republican to screw up a softball question on FOX, of all stations.

If polling that starts as of this weekend starts to show Jeb's numbers tanking, I guess we will all know.

But I do think that the big winner on the Republican side this last week was Scott Walker. As a good substitute for the man that the GOP establishment has been wanting, all he has to do is to wait, look good and not screw up. Easy, right?

:D

Your thoughts? Did Jeb Bush sink his ship before it even got out of the harbor, or is there still hope for a third Bush presidency within a span of about 25 years?
Is Hillary Clinton a jelly donut?

Doesn't look like he is...

11130192_991693887530338_2761574171414322014_n.jpg

Forum List

Back