🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is Jeb Bush already toast?

Jeb was never a serious contender. He was the media's choice but the cons I know around here, and believe me there are a lot of them, were universal in their dislike of him. I couldn't get a single one of them to come up with anything positive about him.

In this neck of the woods Scott Walker is the overwhelming choice.

The problem is "Conservatives" said the same thing about McCain in 2008, they said the same thing about Romney in 2012.

When are you going to get it that the Wall Street types don't really care what "conservatives" think. They'll throw you some red meat about abortion and making government smaller, then they'll nominate the guy who will do Wall Street's bidding.

And that guy is Jeb Bush.
Please do some research on who received the"Wall Street money" in the last two Presidential elections.
Spoiler: It's not always republican

only problem I ever had with the booshs is their immigration policies . Other than that I thought that they did pretty good work Luddley !! Just saying .

Hundreds of thousands dead and maimed, an innocent country decimated, our own country in financial ruin, world financial market on the brink of total collapse, losing almost a million jobs a month, 50K factories closed, the auto industry going broke, stock market collapsing, worst recession since the Great Depression, Americans losing their homes and going on welfare/food stamps, homeless vets begging on the street, children and elderly going hungry, hiding bin Laden's family and protecting Osama bin Laden and that's only a partial list.

But your only concern was their "their immigration policies"?

SMH
The Delusion is strong with this one.

I have been reading a great deal, especially from Conservative websites, and the concensus I am reading is that Jeb has screwed the pooch this last with with his answer to the Iraq War question and the three subsequent days of flip-flopping and waffle'ing.

I mean, come on, it's pretty hard for a Republican to screw up a softball question on FOX, of all stations.

If polling that starts as of this weekend starts to show Jeb's numbers tanking, I guess we will all know.

But I do think that the big winner on the Republican side this last week was Scott Walker. As a good substitute for the man that the GOP establishment has been wanting, all he has to do is to wait, look good and not screw up. Easy, right?

:D

Your thoughts? Did Jeb Bush sink his ship before it even got out of the harbor, or is there still hope for a third Bush presidency within a span of about 25 years?

He never had a chance.

No more Clinton.
No more Bush.
I've noticed that only those right of center are able to say 'no more Bush,no more Clinton'
Those to the left can't say no to Clinton
Because there's simply no comparison.

Everything was fine and dandy during the Clinton years.

Only Republicans hated him, for partisan reasons no doubt.

Cut out the false equivalency nonsense. Its not going to help you.

Shrub II might be toast for now, but right wingers will be making that decision, and look at who he is up against. The main crazies will each have a week or two in the lime light until they screw it up and everybody moves on to the next in line. In the end, they will pretend they wanted Shrub II all along.
Basically.

I have been reading a great deal, especially from Conservative websites, and the concensus I am reading is that Jeb has screwed the pooch this last with with his answer to the Iraq War question and the three subsequent days of flip-flopping and waffle'ing.

I mean, come on, it's pretty hard for a Republican to screw up a softball question on FOX, of all stations.

If polling that starts as of this weekend starts to show Jeb's numbers tanking, I guess we will all know.

But I do think that the big winner on the Republican side this last week was Scott Walker. As a good substitute for the man that the GOP establishment has been wanting, all he has to do is to wait, look good and not screw up. Easy, right?

Your thoughts? Did Jeb Bush sink his ship before it even got out of the harbor, or is there still hope for a third Bush presidency within a span of about 25 years?

He never had a chance.

No more Clinton.
No more Bush.
I've noticed that only those right of center are able to say 'no more Bush,no more Clinton'

Then maybe you can be the one to list her accomplishments.
Not just offices she held, but solid results she accomplished while in those offices

I had heard that Big Money Donors liked him but ALL of his rivals jumped on him over the Iraq answer. Does this finally mean Repubs are taking responsibility for a ginned-up war or are they merely flip-flopping for short-term, electoral gain? :eusa_think:
They are reluctantly admitting in public that Bush was a major mess. This is because they fear the consequences for not winning. They believe they need to go even further to the right.

Wrong, who ever raises the most corporate cash wins, which is why Hillary and Jeb are a lock.

Fuck voters. Corporations rule
Basically.

Doesn't look like he is...

11130192_991693887530338_2761574171414322014_n.jpg

No media company poll is reliable. IBD/TIPP are the most reliable over the last few years. Them I would listen to. Anyone else has an agenda.

IBD is conservative as fuck. lol

Why should we?

George W. Bush, Jr, our 43rd President, is like a huge millstone around Jeb's neck.

Bill Clinton, our 42nd President, is not a millstone around Hillary's neck. He is the most beloved figure in American politics to-date, he has the highest favorability rating of any pol out there. A huge number of extreme Righties hate him, but even they grudgingly respect him.

And Hillary is eminently qualified.

We have had political families in the USA for a long time and the Republic is still here:

The Adams
The Harrisons
The Stevensons
The Bryans
The Roosevelts
The Kennedys
The Bushes

It's not like this is a brand-new phenomenon.
Because the Republicans aren't the party of personal responsibility, they simple cannot help themselves but to try to include the other party into their epic screw ups by saying things like "both Democrats and Republicans did bad."

the money, is backing Bush, just like they backed Romney...imo

is Rove backing Bush???

Rove has refused to endorse yet.

Can't wait to see Rove on FOX news on election night 2016:

7:32 PM: "Exit polls show Clinton 13 points ahead of XXX in Ohio"

7:37 PM "Fox News is calling the state of Ohio for Clinton"

Rove: "But wait!! Wait!! The collar counties around Columbus are still out!! There's still a chance!"

...lol....
LMBAO.

Jeb was never a serious contender. He was the media's choice but the cons I know around here, and believe me there are a lot of them, were universal in their dislike of him. I couldn't get a single one of them to come up with anything positive about him.

In this neck of the woods Scott Walker is the overwhelming choice.

The problem is "Conservatives" said the same thing about McCain in 2008, they said the same thing about Romney in 2012.

When are you going to get it that the Wall Street types don't really care what "conservatives" think. They'll throw you some red meat about abortion and making government smaller, then they'll nominate the guy who will do Wall Street's bidding.

And that guy is Jeb Bush.
Actually, I think just about all Republicans will do Wall Street's bidding. To your point though, I believe he's their chosen one this cycle for whatever reason.

Jeb is who the Democrats should want as the contender...

Anyone on the right who would claim they didn't want another Clinton, would have no room to complain with there being another Bush.

Maybe the Clintons have pushed Jeb in to the arena....?? ;)

Then it comes down to comparisons of President Clinton and President GW Bush.....

And hands down, Bill Clinton was the better and more fiscally responsible President, any way it is reviewed, up or down or inside out....

He never had a chance.

No more Clinton.
No more Bush.

Not just offices she held, but solid results she accomplished while in those offices
Now you're changing the argument. The argument was Clinton baggage. Now that I've debunked that claptrap you're changing it to accomplishments. What will you change it to next?

Anyone on the right who would claim they didn't want another Clinton, would have no room to complain with there being another Bush.

Then it comes down to comparisons of President Clinton and President GW Bush.....

And hands down, Bill Clinton was the better and more fiscally responsible President, any way it is reviewed, up or down or inside out....
Clinton was only good in the way he was able to compromise with Newt.
The two parties have fractured all of that in the past 12 years.

Would Jeb do better at that, since he is so much more "middle of the road"?
Hillary is too far to the left to work with a republican House and Senate, so we'd have even more separatist politics....

:dunno:

Clinton was only good in the way he was able to compromise with Newt.
The two parties have fractured all of that in the past 12 years.

Would Jeb do better at that, since he is so much more "middle of the road"?
Hillary is too far to the left to work with a republican House and Senate, so we'd have even more separatist politics....

:dunno:

They'd ALL be burnt toast if the Democrats would get a better candidate into the race.

Democrats can't be defeated by Republicans in the presidential race. They can only be defeated by themselves.

I wouldn't be too sure about that.

Historically, the Presidency shifts hands every 8 years. It's been that way since 1952, pretty much.

And part of the problem is that when your party controls the presidency for those 8 years, you usually end up sucking all the air out of the room for the rest of your party. Hillary is the only person the Democrats have left with any stature.

I think that Rubio or Walker could potentially win, if they can overcome Bush and if they can avoid saying stupid shit.

Excluding 1988.

He never had a chance.

No more Clinton.
No more Bush.

Now you're changing the argument. The argument was Clinton baggage. Now that I've debunked that claptrap you're changing it to accomplishments. What will you change it to next?
I never mentioned baggage.
The fact that you inferred baggage speaks more of you than me.
I just said that the Left can't bring themselves to say NO to Clinton.
Any Clinton accomplishments are immediately linked to her husband because there's nothing of her own merits to name.
It baffles me that the Left is so easily hyped to that they would fawn over someone with no real accomplishments.......notice i didn't say experience. She has an impressive resume, if you just look at the list of jobs she's had. She just never DID anything at those jobs.
I guess it really doesn't "baffle" me much, nowadays, after seeing 8yrs of it

Forum List

Back