Is Jesus the Word of God?

Sure, confessing your mistakes openly is perfectly logical, even a good thing, but thats not what I said was irrational.

The irrational part of seeking forgiveness from God by confessing your sins is getting down on your knees and practicing idolatry immediately after you went blubbering to a priest about how sorry you are for your sins.

In other words you deliberately sin to show God just how sorry you are for your sins and expect to be forgiven.

Thats like telling God fuck you and expecting something wonderful in return..

How rational is that?

So are you a Jew? or should I say was raised in a jewish family and/or practice Judaism?
If you are trying to figure out where I am coming from you need to ask better questions.

Why not respond to what was said?

Practicing idolatry and blasting confession the Catholic church tells me you are an anti religious, Prot, Jew, or bible only Christian with no affiliation. Kneeling is not idolatry.
Don't be coy penelope.

When you go to mass after confession the priest says in plain language that the eucharist, made by human hands, will become the body of Christ, the flesh of God himself. Then he goes abracadabra! presto alakazam! holds it up and says "This is the body of Christ", and you all fall to your knees in some sort of deranged adoration.

That is the very definition of idolatry. Worshiping the work of human hands as if it was a god that could give eternal life to those who worship and eat it.

Thats is how the church of Rome uses the power of death consequent to defying the law of God to subjugate gullible numbskulls into a life of captivity, for a nominal service charge, without any hope of help from God for free..

The more you proceed towards God in your unrestrained imagination by willingly practicing idolatry at mass, the more you recede from God in actual reality. The more you recede from God in actual reality the more you proceed, like sheep on their way to the slaughter, into the depths of hell.

This is the truth, the very truth. Hear if you have ears to hear.
The hob hath spoken. It makes no sense, but he hath spoken.
Don't be so hard on him. You are on the same side.

Not hardly, but nice try anyway. Here is the $64,000 question. Why would you, and other obnoxious atheists, feel that it is somehow your duty to ascribe evil attributes to an entity that you do not believe exists?
I'm simply trying to understand why seemingly somewhat intelligent people believe in all the bullshit spewed out by the bible? I originally came here to see if believers had anything real to based their beliefs on, it turns out they don't, it's all just wishful thinking and fantasy. Now I'm more astonished that you folks so strongly believe these fairy tales that don't even make sense. The evil that I talk about is in the bible, I'm not ascribing anything to anyone on my own, that's done by the people who wrote the bible who said that god mass drowned on purpose everyone except Noah and his posse.

Is a lion evil? How about wolves and other predators? They kill without remorse, often in a very cruel way. Killing, even the killing of human beings, is only evil when the intent is evil. However, that is not really the question. Does the created have a right to question, or criticize, the motives of its creator?

Algebra doesn't make sense to a six year old, and neither ballet or opera make much sense to me. The Almighty God is so far beyond our feeble intelligence level that attempting to figure out why he does things is arrogant futility. One statement makes that clear to the most casual observer. "I am, I always have been, and I always will be." We are completely incapable of figuring out how that could possibly be.
God hasn't spoken to anyone, that's all written by men. You should up your critical thinking game.

Wow! You know that for certain? Someone just made it all up. Well, hell, your argument is complete, so why are you still here. Everything you know is written by men. Did that figure into your critical thinking, or are you incapable of critical thinking?

The God of the Bible exists, or the God of the Bible does not exist. There is no in between answer. If the God of the Bible exists, then the Bible is his word. Your opinion that he is evil, has to be based on the concept that he does exist. Otherwise, you are just another idiot who delights in insulting people you do not even know. Not a very nice personal characteristic.
The god of the bible does all kinds of despicable things, so yes, if it exists as per the bible, it's a very evil god. But the bible itself isn't proof of said god, nor does it provide any proof. So what else you got to prove this god?
Creation.

I'm simply trying to understand why seemingly somewhat intelligent people believe in all the bullshit spewed out by the bible? I originally came here to see if believers had anything real to based their beliefs on, it turns out they don't, it's all just wishful thinking and fantasy. Now I'm more astonished that you folks so strongly believe these fairy tales that don't even make sense. The evil that I talk about is in the bible, I'm not ascribing anything to anyone on my own, that's done by the people who wrote the bible who said that god mass drowned on purpose everyone except Noah and his posse.

Is a lion evil? How about wolves and other predators? They kill without remorse, often in a very cruel way. Killing, even the killing of human beings, is only evil when the intent is evil. However, that is not really the question. Does the created have a right to question, or criticize, the motives of its creator?

Algebra doesn't make sense to a six year old, and neither ballet or opera make much sense to me. The Almighty God is so far beyond our feeble intelligence level that attempting to figure out why he does things is arrogant futility. One statement makes that clear to the most casual observer. "I am, I always have been, and I always will be." We are completely incapable of figuring out how that could possibly be.
God hasn't spoken to anyone, that's all written by men. You should up your critical thinking game.

Wow! You know that for certain? Someone just made it all up. Well, hell, your argument is complete, so why are you still here. Everything you know is written by men. Did that figure into your critical thinking, or are you incapable of critical thinking?

The God of the Bible exists, or the God of the Bible does not exist. There is no in between answer. If the God of the Bible exists, then the Bible is his word. Your opinion that he is evil, has to be based on the concept that he does exist. Otherwise, you are just another idiot who delights in insulting people you do not even know. Not a very nice personal characteristic.
The god of the bible does all kinds of despicable things, so yes, if it exists as per the bible, it's a very evil god. But the bible itself isn't proof of said god, nor does it provide any proof. So what else you got to prove this god?
Creation.
And that proves the god of the bible? Um... no.

Creation.
It kind of does.

I don't know of any other religion that claims to be God seeking man.

Creation.
It kind of does.

Creation doesn’t point to any specific creator, if one there is.

Creation.
It kind of does.

Creation doesn’t point to any specific creator, if one there is.
Of course there is one. All the evidence points to that. But putting that aside, sure it does. He explains that creation was created in steps and has the correct order and explains the uniqueness of man and his major weakness. Not to mention he even describes DNA and explains how the account of Genesis wound up as symbols in the Chinese language 1500 years before Moses recorded it.

No. Humans invented gods.
Who made you? Yourself?
Uh...you don't know where babies come from?
Yeah
Yeah...you don't?
Yes I know where babies come
Who made you? Yourself?
Yeah
Yeah...you don't?
Who made you? Yourself?
Yeah
Yeah...you don't?
From God
I hate to ruin your innocence...but babies do not come from gods.

81YPTCArrlL._SL1500_.jpg

SPOILER ALERT: not actually a miracle.

Who made you? Yourself?
Yeah
Yeah...you don't?
Who made you? Yourself?
Yeah
Yeah...you don't?
Who made you? Yourself?
Yeah
Yeah...you don't?
From God
I said they come from God.

Yeah
Yeah...you don't?
Yeah
Yeah...you don't?
Yeah
Yeah...you don't?
From God
Which was an absurd thing to say. We actually know where they come from.

Is it just me or does hobelim seem bitter and angry that others believe differently than he does?
Depends on his mood maybe. Some people like strife and truthfully very few have absolute faith in God. In lacking faith answers are obscured and hidden from us. I know that as it was a lesson that the Holy spirit taught me about where my trust truly belongs. It doesn't belong with people but God first, everything else is something like growth rings on a tree, it takes time and patience. I use to constantly worry about my children and the Lord let me know if I truly trusted him I would believe what I was told when they were small children when he sent his angel to recuse us from a very dire situation. When I was all nervous and was going to check on them while they were sleeping the angel told me "Your children will be okay, they are fine". The words are as good today as they were yesterday. I had to first realize my error and then I apologized for not putting my total trust where it belongs. A whole new set of recollections was opened up for me to recall by the Holy Spirit after that day. God builds our faith piece by piece. It is our son of perdition portion that whines and balks about it all as it is happening.

Humanist? Is that a bad thing? Were you trying to put me down by calling me a humanist? Really? lol.. You value blind acceptance of dogma over rational thinking? Is that what you think is the better portion?

Damn..

You catholics lie about the dumbest things. Of course you read the rest of the post. Now go to confession and then immediately get down on your knees and practice idolatry to show God just how sorry you are for your sins.
Not at all. I am merely revealing what you are since you try so hard to disguise it.

No idoltry here, humanist.

Catholics love rational thought. It is humanists like yourself that are overly emotional.

The better portion leads to peace through storms.
Catholics love rational thought? lol...

How rational is it to go to confession in front of a priest to ask God to forgive you for having impure thoughts about sister mary elizabeth and then immediately get down on your knees and practice idolatry to show God just how sorry you are for your sins?

How rational is it to say you worship one God in three persons?

How rational is it to seek spiritual life from God by eating a lifeless matzo made by human hands?

How rational is it for you to claim to love rational thought?

Take your time.....
I don't need to take my time. There is a practical application of confessing one's sins out loud to another person. It releases the power that sin holds over us.

Perfectly logical.

Additionally, confessing one's sins is the first step in progressing as a human being. One cannot fix what one does not admit is broken.

Perfectly logical.

Sure, confessing your mistakes openly is perfectly logical, even a good thing, but thats not what I said was irrational.

The irrational part of seeking forgiveness from God by confessing your sins is getting down on your knees and practicing idolatry immediately after you went blubbering to a priest about how sorry you are for your sins.

In other words you deliberately sin to show God just how sorry you are for your sins and expect to be forgiven.

Thats like telling God fuck you and expecting something wonderful in return..

How rational is that?
Don't be silly. Anything which distances you from God is sin. Confessing your sins brings you closer to God. Perfect sense.

I don't believe I said anyone deliberately sins. You are getting desperate.

Again you missed the point. Go figure.

Do you go to confession and express regret for sinning and having offended God to the priest so that you can participate in mass, receive communion, and get closer to God? Yes?

The point is that you deliberately celebrate mass and worship the lifeless work of human hands which in REALITY is a sin, according to scripture.

You beg for forgiveness and try to get closer to God by defiantly doing the very thing, practicing idolatry, that is already under the condemnation of God under penalty of death, according to scripture.

You might as well argue before the parole board for your freedom by citing your dedication to reprehensible behavior while you were doing time in jail and finishing your appeal by sending a gift wrapped fuck you to the Judge.

Don't you deliberately sin when you get down on your knees and pretend to love and worship the eucharist, the work of human hands, while celebrating the death of Jesus? (WTF!) No?

Where is any evidence of a brain? Are you a robot? An automaton? A golem?

Who is your master?

Last edited:
Which was an absurd thing to say. We actually know where they come from.

You know where their bodies come from, and that is about all you know. In my humble opinion, their souls come from God. When the body dies, the souls return to God. But, you can believe whatever you want to believe.

Do you go to confession and express regret for sinning and having offended God to the priest so that you can participate in mass, receive communion, and get closer to God? Yes?

No. I already said I was a bad Catholic. Now what?

The point is that you deliberately celebrate mass and worship the lifeless work of human hands which in REALITY is a sin, according to scripture.

That is your belief. Not mine. It is none of your business, now is it?

You beg for forgiveness and try to get closer to God by defiantly doing the very thing, practicing idolatry, that is already under the condemnation of God under penalty of death, according to scripture.
Again, that is your belief, not mine. Why is my faith your business?

You might as well argue before the parole board for your freedom by citing your dedication to reprehensible behavior while you were doing time in jail and finishing your appeal by sending a gift wrapped fuck you to the Judge.

Again, that is your belief not mine. Why do you think it is your business?

You know where their bodies come from, and that is about all you know.
There appears to be no part of you that is not a physical system, governed by the same, physical laws as any other physical system. Maybe there is? Who knows... there is not a shred of evidence for such a goofy idea, though. It's just whimsy.

When the body dies, the souls return to God.

Okay, Shaman!

Don't you deliberately sin when you get down on your knees and pretend to love and worship the eucharist, the work of human hands, while celebrating the death of Jesus? (WTF!) No?

Where is any evidence of a brain? Are you a robot? An automaton? A golem?

Who is your master?
It isn't you.

Forum List

Back