Is Kuchenelli right? as in, correct?

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Tell Ken Cuccinelli: Your Anti-Sodomy Law is Outdated and Extreme | LeftAction

Ken Cuccinelli supports an archaic anti-sodomy law in Virginia – an outdated and extreme piece of legislation that would criminalize consensual sex between adults. His reasoning? In a 2009 speech, Cuccinelli said that sodomy should be illegal because our legal system should reflect "natural laws."

So what do you think?

Assuming you're both (or all!) consenting adults, should what you choose to do with your spouse of lover be illegal?

Do we really want to travel back in time to a place where only the missionary position was acceptable behavior between consenting adults?

Let or right -- Make your voice heard.

As a former VA resident I think I vaguely remember something about this law - but it was before 2009. I thought the thing had been done away with. Although, I don't generally agree with you on much of anything I do have to agree that government needs to stay out of the bedroom ... actually, out of the home altogether would be better.

That depends, do you agree with him, or disagree?

Ken Cuccinelli supports an archaic anti-sodomy law in Virginia – an outdated and extreme piece of legislation that would criminalize consensual sex between adults. His reasoning? In a 2009 speech, Cuccinelli said that sodomy should be illegal because our legal system should reflect "natural laws."
So what do you think?

Assuming you're both (or all!) consenting adults, should what you choose to do with your spouse of lover be illegal?

Do we really want to travel back in time to a place where only the missionary position was acceptable behavior between consenting adults?

So what do you think?

If you like it in the pooper I don't see why you should be prevented in living out your dream of getting buttsexed. I fail to see why you would want to do that but hey, doesent harm me none.

Cuccinelli is just the latest edition in a long line of conservatives who are tanking the Republican Party with their hyperfocus on absurd social issues. Didn't we have more important issues to worry about in 2009 (and today!) than how a couple does the Nasty- say, the Great American Recession?

Go ahead and tally this election in the Dem's column.

I think putting gay people in jail is wrong. I think executing people because they are gay is wrong. I saw a video one time of 5 gay Muslim men who were standing in front of a pit about 8 ft. deep and 5 ft wide. These other men who were judging them - threw them down there, doused them with gasoline and set them on fire. They were executed for being gay. Another nation on the continent of Africa was trying to give gay people the death penalty. I thought that was horrific too. It is bizarre that anyone could justify jailing or killing someone else because they thought it was their place to judge them. - J.

What two (or more) consenting adults do in the privacy of their own homes is not my concern.

Stay out of my bedroom.
Stay out of my gun safe.
Stay out of my wallet.

That's all I want out of government at this point. Is that so much to ask?

Well well well. Why should I be surprised that Luddly is spreading bullshit.

Here's the real deal. From a great article on this issue.

No, Ken Cuccinelli's Sodomy Law Petition Doesn't Have Anything to do with Gay Rights

Cuccinelli's narrow interest in the case lies in upholding a conviction of a 47-year-old man who solicited a sexual act from a 17-year-old girl.

And from the Washington Post....

Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli has challenged a recent court ruling finding Virginia’s anti-sodomy law unconstitutional. The appeal has gotten national attention as Cuccinelli’s gubernatorial bid ramps up.

A three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit ruled on March 12 that Virginia’s “Crimes Against Nature” statute, which banned oral and anal sex, violates the due process clause of the Fourteenth Amendment.

One judge dissented, agreeing with a lower court that the Supreme Court’s ruling in Lawrence v. Texas on sodomy laws applied only to consenting adults.

The case in question involved a teenage girl and a 47-year-old man, William Scott MacDonald, who was convicted of soliciting a minor to commit a felony.

A petition was filed on Cuccinelli’s behalf asking for the full 15-judge court to reconsider the panel’s decision.

LGBT advocates have expressed disappointment, saying the law is unconstitutional and anti-gay. “This case is not about sexual orientation, but using current law to protect a 17 year-old girl from a 47 year-old sexual predator,” Cuccinelli spokeswoman Caroline Gibson said in a statement.

“We agree with the dissenting opinion that the petitioner was not entitled to federal habeas corpus relief and the full court should have the opportunity to decide this matter.

The attorney general is committed to protecting Virginia’s children from predators who attempt to exploit them and rob them of their childhood.” Cuccinelli agrees with the dissenting judge, Albert Diaz, who was appointed to the 4th Circuit by President Obama in 2009, who argued for deference to the Virginia Court of Appeals.

No, Ken Cuccinelli's Sodomy Law Petition Doesn't Have Anything to do with Gay Rights - Guy Benson

Cuccinelli is just the latest edition in a long line of conservatives who are tanking the Republican Party with their hyperfocus on absurd social issues. Didn't we have more important issues to worry about in 2009 (and today!) than how a couple does the Nasty- say, the Great American Recession?

Go ahead and tally this election in the Dem's column.

You don't have a clue what you are talking about whatsoever. Cuccinelli's challenge has nothing to do with consenting adults.

When Cuccinelli isn't spending the states money on frivolous prosecution against scientists that do their jobs, he is protecting Virginia's citizens against the sight of one tit on the state seal. What a man.

Cuccinelli opts for more modest Virginia state seal | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli apparently isn’t fond of wardrobe malfunctions, even when Virginia’s state seal is involved.

The seal depicts the Roman goddess Virtus, or virtue, wearing a blue tunic draped over one shoulder, her left breast exposed. But on the new lapel pins Cuccinelli recently handed out to his staff, Virtus’ bosom is covered by an armored breastplate.

When the new design came up at a staff meeting, workers in attendance said Cuccinelli joked that it converts a risqué image into a PG one.

The joke might be on him, said University of Virginia political scientist Larry Sabato.

“When you ask to be ridiculed, it usually happens. And it will happen here, nationally,” he said. “This is classical art, for goodness’ sake.”

It wouldn’t be the first time that Cuccinelli has found himself in a punch line since taking office. The conservative Republican made Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show” in March after he advised state colleges and universities they lack the legal authority to protect gay employees from discrimination.

What two (or more) consenting adults do in the privacy of their own homes is not my concern.

Stay out of my bedroom.
Stay out of my gun safe.
Stay out of my wallet.

That's all I want out of government at this point. Is that so much to ask?

Yeah, but it likely will be ruled unconstitutional to hit 'The Dirt Road'

-Geaux

When Cuccinelli isn't spending the states money on frivolous prosecution against scientists that do their jobs, he is protecting Virginia's citizens against the sight of one tit on the state seal. What a man.

Cuccinelli opts for more modest Virginia state seal | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli apparently isn’t fond of wardrobe malfunctions, even when Virginia’s state seal is involved.

The seal depicts the Roman goddess Virtus, or virtue, wearing a blue tunic draped over one shoulder, her left breast exposed. But on the new lapel pins Cuccinelli recently handed out to his staff, Virtus’ bosom is covered by an armored breastplate.

When the new design came up at a staff meeting, workers in attendance said Cuccinelli joked that it converts a risqué image into a PG one.

The joke might be on him, said University of Virginia political scientist Larry Sabato.

“When you ask to be ridiculed, it usually happens. And it will happen here, nationally,” he said. “This is classical art, for goodness’ sake.”

It wouldn’t be the first time that Cuccinelli has found himself in a punch line since taking office. The conservative Republican made Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show” in March after he advised state colleges and universities they lack the legal authority to protect gay employees from discrimination.

Get your dick out because you are all looking like fools. His issue is over a child.

But you whack jobs have now hit crazy level.

Keep going

So what do you think?

Meh, he's an idiot, does anyone really care outside of his constituents?

So what do you think?

I guess the radical left has a lot riding on the Virginia governor race. It seems that unsubstantiated allegations by the democrat party candidate is swallowed (no pun intended) as the truth by the democrat pervert base.

So what do you think?

There are a lot of stupid laws on the books, and not all of them are old. Lawmakers are in overdrive creating new laws each year and there are so many on the books now, that most of us are probably breaking one without knowing it.

How about an exchange where each side picks a stupid law and agree to remove them? The right should agree to remove sodomy laws and the left should agree to stop taxing rainfall and allow us to catch rainwater in barrels again. I don't care what people do in their bedroom as long as they are consenting adults who do no harm to each other. I wish politicians would allow me to continue conserving water by storing rain water to keep my plants alive.

It's funny that the left worries about such laws when they are rarely enforced. What is enforced is taking asthma medications off the shelves because they are aerosol, as if us asthmatics are spraying them into the air. The replacement inhalers do not work as well. Funny that I can still buy spray paint, hair spray, bug spray air freshener and cleaners in aerosol cans, but can't get fucking Primitine Mist. Makes a lot of sense, doesn't it?

Immigration laws get ignored because politicians don't like them and they not only refuse to uphold them, but go after others who do.

I wish the people could get away with ignoring laws that are stupid.

As long as adults are consenting, no one is going to ever get caught breaking the sodomy law. Why so worried?

Drones will soon spy on us, so we will get caught setting barrels in our yard to catch rain water or if we dare allow sprinkler water to get on the sidewalk. And they are probably federal offenses that will either financially ruin us with fines or land us in jail.

If you're going to get outraged at something, at least spend your time protesting something that actually affects people.

Forum List

Back