Is man a spiritual being?

No, Santa is not a legend born of pure fantasy, it is based upon a real person.
The fat guy in the red suit with the white beard was invented by Coca-Cola.
Are you spiritual?
In what sense?
Any sense you see fit. Just explain what it means to you.
I think that it’s possible that there is a sort of spiritual plane, though not much solid proof yet.
Ok, but do you see yourself as spiritual?

Have you seen the polls that show people are overwhelming spiritual?

Those polls just show how faithless people really are.
So you don’t believe people overwhelmingly self identify as being spiritual?

I'm sure they do, but that doesn't mean they are being anything other than delusional. The world can be a very scary place. If you don't know what the hell is going on there is a measure of safety joining a herd of dummies..
Are you spiritual?

What do you mean by spiritual? I have consciousness, a clean one, like a tree whose fruit is pleasing to the eye and good to eat.

When ancient people were speaking about a person having a clean or unclean spirit they were just talking about a person either having a clean or unclean mind.

Its really very simple.

Either you are led by a spirit of perversity or a spirit of truth.

You insist that the way to eternal life is through the worship of a man in the form of a cracker as if it was the living God.

You have a very filthy and perverse mind, uh, er, unclean spirit.
That sounds like a no to me.

I'm sure they do, but that doesn't mean they are being anything other than delusional. The world can be a very scary place. If you don't know what the hell is going on there is a measure of safety joining a herd of dummies..
Are you spiritual?

What do you mean by spiritual? I have consciousness, a clean one, like a tree whose fruit is pleasing to the eye and good to eat.

When ancient people were speaking about a person having a clean or unclean spirit they were just talking about a person either having a clean or unclean mind.

Its really very simple.

You insist that the way to eternal life is through the worship of a man in the form of a cracker as if it was the living God.

You have a very filthy and perverse mind, uh, er, spirit.
You promote eternal life through the worship of a book. Not any better.

The worship of a book? Are you really that dumb?
It's how you found your magical being. You are that dumb. :lol:

No, thats not what I said. I had heard it all before and even read every word in scripture for myself and ended up with a lot of seemingly contradictory and fantastical stories impossible to honestly believe were true.

Then I heard that there was secret teaching hidden in the book of the law. Then I got busy looking for it until I found it.

I only had to hear it once.

Once I found it I acted on that new information and viola, suddenly the living God was everywhere I looked and was always there even for as long as I can remember.

Last edited:
Are you spiritual?

Its really very simple.

No, thats not what I said. I had heard it all before and even read every word in scripture for myself and ended up with a lot of seemingly contradictory and fantastical stories impossible to believe were true.

Then I heard that there was secret teaching hidden in the book of the law. Then I got busy looking for it until I found it.

Once I found it I acted on that new information and viola, suddenly the living God was everywhere I looked even for as long as I can remember.
Not buying it.

Its really very simple.

No, thats not what I said. I had heard it all before and even read every word in scripture for myself and ended up with a lot of seemingly contradictory and fantastical stories impossible to believe were true.

Once I found it I acted on that new information and viola, suddenly the living God was everywhere I looked even for as long as I can remember.
Not buying it.

I know, and guess what! I don't give a rats ass. I'm not selling anything.

I already know that you have wasted too much time and money to suddenly divest from your vested interests in perpetuating a lie in the name of God and have become spineless.

Not buying it.

I already know that you have wasted too much time and money to suddenly divest from your vested interests in perpetuating a lie in the name of God.
So you’ve already told me a thousand times.

Not buying it.

I already know that you have wasted too much time and money to suddenly divest from your vested interests in perpetuating a lie in the name of God.
Yeah, I know. Even so you are still trying to sell the lie that God himself is present in a matzo and that your silly and irrational beliefs prove spirituality. lol

How embarrassing!

Not buying it.

Yeah, I know. Even so you are still trying to sell the lie that God himself is present in a matzo and that your silly and irrational beliefs prove spirituality. lol

How embarrassing!
Man refusing to abandon the concept of spirituality proves man is inherently spiritual.

You’re arguing against spirituality while cryptically speaking of God proves you are not what you present yourself to be.

Seriously what better cover is there for a militant atheist Jew than to disguise himself as believing in God so he can subordinate Christianity.

The fat guy in the red suit with the white beard was invented by Coca-Cola.
Are you spiritual?
In what sense?
I think that it’s possible that there is a sort of spiritual plane, though not much solid proof yet.
As in worshipping a god? No.

I think that reincarnation is the most likely thing. Do we stay as one soul throughout time? Maybe. But that’s the extent of my spirituality.

Are you spiritual?
In what sense?

I think that reincarnation is the most likely thing. Do we stay as one soul throughout time? Maybe. But that’s the extent of my spirituality.
That sounds spiritual to me.

It actually sounds like you believe the essence of you is your soul.

The purpose of this thread is to discuss if man is predisposed to spirituality.

Since the beginning of man, man has had belief in a higher power. This belief has persisted throughout man’s existence.

Even today man overwhelming identifies himself as spiritual. So even though the grouping between belief in a specific religion may be declining, man has not abandoned his belief that he is more than just matter.

Human beings here on Earth are both .....Spiritual and material of course.

Flesh is the material part, our bodies that rotten and turn to dust, that other side of us our Spiritual side....will return where it belongs...to a Higher Sphere and never dies.

My opinion.

In what sense?

It could be but no real proof yet.

The purpose of this thread is to discuss if man is predisposed to spirituality.

Since the beginning of man, man has had belief in a higher power. This belief has persisted throughout man’s existence.

Even today man overwhelming identifies himself as spiritual. So even though the grouping between belief in a specific religion may be declining, man has not abandoned his belief that he is more than just matter.

Human beings here on Earth are both .....Spiritual and material of course.

Flesh is the material part, our bodies that rotten and turn to dust, that other side of us our Spiritual side....will return where it belongs...to a Higher Sphere and never dies.

My opinion.

That's my opinion too. Some people say that our spiritual side, otherwise known as the soul, reincarnates again and again.

There is no such thing as real proof in science.

There are only observations that lead to hypothesis, theories and laws. Any of which can be disproven at a later date.

There are only observations that lead to hypothesis, theories and laws. Any of which can be disproven at a later date.
I still need solid proof, otherwise it's just a theory. And that's one of the reasons that I started coming here, to see if anyone had any solid proof of god, a soul,... since some people believe so strongly, I thought maybe someone can convince me with some proof. But nope, hasn't happened so far.

I still need solid proof, otherwise it's just a theory. And that's one of the reasons that I started coming here, to see if anyone had any solid proof of god, a soul,... since some people believe so strongly, I thought maybe someone can convince me with some proof. But nope, hasn't happened so far.
Why do I need to convince you of your own beliefs? I asked you if you were spiritual.

Why do I need to convince you of your own beliefs? I asked you if you were spiritual.
I leave the spiritual door open, but I can't hang my hat on that, there's no solid proof. Humans want to keep living after they die so they concoct a whole series of myths.

Forum List

Back